Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest, I don't know a lot about West brom, other than they are a tight unit, who've just added rockin' ronnie Wallwork to their side. These games can have a habit of throwing up a few surprises. Megson, a reasonable winger in his day from what I remember, seems a shrewd coach and he knows that the Baggies will be firm underdogs for this match. I wonder if he'll throw caution to the wind, and attack us, or will he set up a defensive curtain, and try and close us down whilst hitting on the break. Certainly, if the World cup has shown us anything, its that its still possible to concede possession and territory, but win a match through discipline and pace.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Unless you're playing in front of 40000 Koreans with 3 blind mice officiating you should be pretty much ok ...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Bloody ell' Fred you must be bored. Its ages until that game, lol. But I think we'll be too strong for them definately. Hopefully my tickets should come some time next week :)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
yeah, a bit premature aren't you? anyway although it should be a good game, we should work hard on building up our fitness at the moment in time for the first game of the season at chesterfield. it's important to work hard at fitness before we get underway so we can still be challenging at the end of the season.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
A looong way to go and a lot will happen in between.

W.B.A are a newly promoted side and may throw in a few surprises.However what type of a squad we have after the spending spree will be quite interesting.:)

Lets just another fortnight and then we could turn our attention to this game.:D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Just like Fred I dont know much about West Brom and I agree with Fred that these new teams have a tendency of pulling off a few surprises and hence we shouldnt take this game that lightly.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Zacxaviqer said:
Remember Fulham last season..........................
Completely different kettle of fish.

Fulham entered last season as First Division Champions with a reputation for beautiful passing continental football masterminded by a widely-respected manager and bankrolled by Moneybags Al-Fayed, with an influx of quality players and internationals - and had already shown Man U what they could do in that brilliant FA Cup 3rd Round Tie at Craven Cottage.

WBA is a rather different story.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
dyertribe said:

Completely different kettle of fish.

Fulham entered last season as First Division Champions with a reputation for beautiful passing continental football masterminded by a widely-respected manager and bankrolled by Moneybags Al-Fayed, with an influx of quality players and internationals - and had already shown Man U what they could do in that brilliant FA Cup 3rd Round Tie at Craven Cottage.

WBA is a rather different story.
Also UNited played Veron and Scholes in midfield that day leaving wide open spaces thru the middle.The Fulham players were able to instigate play thru the middle with utmost ease and thats why the defence was under constant pressure.

That wont happen against W.B.A,I am sure.;)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Plus Jaap Stam looked about as manoueverable as a tram car attempting to reverse down a manhole. Saha turned him more times than an shrimp on an aussie barbie;)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
Plus Jaap Stam looked about as manoueverable as a tram car attempting to reverse down a manhole. Saha turned him more times than an shrimp on an aussie barbie;)
and you'd know all about that si!:D :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts