Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lads, is it a foregone conclusion that Wolves will dominate, or will the perenial bottlers wither away in the face of more determined opposition from other quarters.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Actually I fancy Derby and Ipswich for the auto spots.
Wolves, Pompey, Preston, Norwich for the play offs.
With Pompey winning.

Oh dear Wolves miss out again :( ;)

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Wolves and Ipswich are certs for automatic promotion, and the play-offs and relegation spots are anybody's guess IMHO.

·
Registered
115 Posts
...and what about us????

I don't know how our season is going to pan out. We've had to release one of our decent players(Dyche) who's gone to the Hornets because we can afford to keep him and the fact that we have banned 6 sets of away fans from our ground following that little incident outside our ground with the local constabulary, which also means our fans are banned from their grounds.

I was surprised where we finished last season but there are a lot of clubs in the first division that are in financial turmoil and I think the likes of Leicester have to do well considering they are building a new stadium and costing them with money that may not be there in 6-12 months.

On another forum a few of us picked who was going up and in the play-offs and we had Watford & Bradford finishing in the top six and look what happened!

Everyone has their favorites but there's always a team that will surprise you...maybe Brighton.

ps Noticed there is a West Ham thread. Look forward to a bit of banter with the old enemy!!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Derby County, a steal at 6/1 to win the First Division, i'm putting them in a treble with the Gers and Hull all to win their leagues :)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Hello NOLU long time no post!

You back or just browsing??

I must admit that without your influence around here I sort of had forgotten about them, I think you'll be top 10 again, if you dont have to give away too many of the good youngsters then maybe top 6.

Mr Bear I have to agree with you, Derby are my bets for the top too.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
ChelseaBear said:
Derby County, a steal at 6/1 to win the First Division, i'm putting them in a treble with the Gers and Hull all to win their leagues :)
Thats looks like a very very good bet my friend. Although the 1st division is probably the most hardest league to predict out of any.
Wolves, Derby, Ipswich, Leicester, Burnley, Millwall and Preston. Any of these teams go clinch promotion next year. Should be interesting...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Dark Baggie,

After what had happened against Birmingham in the play-offs, I didn't really have much to say. It's all been about what compensation we would have to pay and a new membership scheme where you can not buy a ticket without being a member.

Anyway, a new season is about to start so I thought I would pop back and start chatting again.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I would be very happy if Norwich could squeeze into the playoffs again, but I fear that the financial troubles could stop any further progress in the league. We should finish in the top 10 though!
I still think about what could have been if the playoff final was golden goal extratime :(
It was still a great achievement to actually get in the playoffs at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts