Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas,

Just wanted to know what you guys think of Seric. He seems to be in and out of the lineup and fairly inconsistent.

Just wanted to know what you guys think how he's performed this year and his future with Parma. Also do you guys see him as consistent starter in the future or as a tweener as i think he is now.

Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
During preseason and early into the season he was first choice left back but then Junior started to play really well and relegated Seric to the bench. In January Junior was loaned out because of our financial troubles and this opened the way for Seric again who is now our first choice left back once again. However, Seric's been out injured a lot and is not really performing well even when he's fit. I guess his ego took some beating when he was relegated to the bench and then I'm sure the injuries hasn't helped him either. I do think he's a quality player and expect him to be back to his best next season. (If he's still at Parma and if Parma exists at all of course...)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Seric is a good player - even though not great, and is as good as left back as Parma can muster right now. So I do expect him to be with us and start in the future.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
lucifuga said:
I think he was better when he played with the other Gialloblu (Hellas Verona).

Just a thought.
He's had a rough season this year as he's been injured and benched by Junior. If he's been first choice all along he might have been better.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
jack goff said:
Parma ruined him, just like the Ruined Dabo, Conceicao, Zicu etc.
HAHAHA.....deary me jack...that post goes to show your lack of footballing knowledge....:howler:

Conceicao never wanted to go to Parma and was forced and disliked by the manager...

Dabo...he was still in his learning stage....

Zicu...he gets to play more then I would like...but he has showed he has skill...just isn't brave enough when infront of goal and when taking his chances when given to him.

But if these are the only players we ruined then...Inter must be the biggest player wreckers in europe by their standards... :howler: and that is an under-statement to say the least....:howler:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I actually don't understand why Prandelli insists so much on not fielding Seric lately - injuries apart. Potenza has not showed anything impressive, and he is not a natural left back, and he's n loan. It seems as if Prandelli has given up on him which is strange, since at the start of the season he even prefered him over Junior. Plus, Prandelli has also taken on a brand new habbit of not playing Bonera. What is it with Cannavaro in central defence and Castellini as full-back that he likes so much? I don't understand his insistance on giving playing time to people like Degano and Zicu while the frankly brilliant in terms of contribution in assists and goals per minute Rosina is whipping the bench.

Don't get me wrong, Prandelli is a great coach and I love him, but some of his decisions about players are strange.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I actually don't understand why Prandelli insists so much on not fielding Seric lately - injuries apart. Potenza has not showed anything impressive, and he is not a natural left back, and he's n loan. It seems as if Prandelli has given up on him which is strange, since at the start of the season he even prefered him over Junior. Plus, Prandelli has also taken on a brand new habbit of not playing Bonera. What is it with Cannavaro in central defence and Castellini as full-back that he likes so much? I don't understand his insistance on giving playing time to people like Degano and Zicu while the frankly brilliant in terms of contribution in assists and goals per minute Rosina is whipping the bench.

Don't get me wrong, Prandelli is a great coach and I love him, but some of his decisions about players are strange.
I agree that Prandelli makes some strange decisions indeed, but most of the time it works out pretty good anyway. Eventhough niether Castellini nor Potenza are natural fullbacks and lacks much offensive punch, the team works well anyway.

About Seric, he started of decent, but then got rightly benched by Junior who just was better. However since loosing Junior the left have been a problem. Castellini, Potenza and Seric have all played there. Seric has been out injured for a while and that can explain why he hasn't been playign that much. But when he's played lately he's been pretty awful if you judge him by the ratings.
I have a feeling the Seric situation is the same as the Diana. Both came to Parma after having succesfully played wingback/outer midfielders for their former club. But at Parma they were ordered to play fullbacks in a four man defense and they had a hard time adapting. Diana was finally cut loose and is now doing brilliant at Samp. As a right midfielder. The same could be said about Seric. If we give him enough time I'm sure he'd adapt, but could we really wait that long? At the moment, I'm not againts letting Potenza playing on the left. He may not be great or even our own player, but he does the job and as long as he performs and help our team I don't have anything against playing him.

A bigger problem to me is that Prandelli insists on playing Cannavaro in the middle and Castellini to the right. At the beginning of the season I really wished Cannavaro would finally get a real chance to prove himself. After the winterbreak he's started most games as a centraldefender. Against Empoli he was good, but most other games he's been a viability and he's not exactly solid. Castellini-Ferrari did the job better. They had some problems in the beginning but sorted mot of that out.

One reason why Canna has played much could be Bonera's injuries. Prandelli may feel that Castellini is the only one capable of taking over Bonera's role and therefore thinks it's more important to move him there and play someone else centrally instead of just replacing Bonera straight of. Cos frankly who do we have that can play on the right? Bena, Camara and Cannavaro. I have nothing bad to say about them, but I understand why Prandelli is somewhat reluctant to field one of them.

·
Registered
943 Posts
enola said:
I have a feeling the Seric situation is the same as the Diana. Both came to Parma after having succesfully played wingback/outer midfielders for their former club. But at Parma they were ordered to play fullbacks in a four man defense and they had a hard time adapting.
At Hellas Seric played in a four-men-defence and was very good. So I don't think the system is his problem.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
lucifuga said:
At Hellas Seric played in a four-men-defence and was very good. So I don't think the system is his problem.
Well atleast under Malesani he played left wing-back. I didn't see him before that, so you might be right.

·
Registered
943 Posts
enola said:
Well atleast under Malesani he played left wing-back. I didn't see him before that, so you might be right.
Perotti used to play with this defence:

-----Oddo-----Apolloni-----Laursen-----Seric-----

Seric also featured in the 2001 Spareggio and was one of the best players on the pitch.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Seric wasn't even much of a starter the season Apolloni and Laursen were playing for Hellas. In his second yeah, he was playing as a wing back since Verona was using a three-man defence (Malesani's 3-4-3). He also played as wing-back for Brescia, last year. So he's been playing two seasons in a row as a wing back - enola is right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts