Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they a football super power that has never been discovered till now?

is huddink a "god" as the koreans call him?

or are the refs getting paid by korea?

has teams under estimated them??

what is sure that they did beat portugal, italy and spain respectivly.

IMO all of these teams under estimated korea. add a little porr referees and decisions. also a himnt of luck for the koreans. and you got yourself the story of how korea is in the world cup semis against germany.

what you guys/girls think?:confused:

·
Registered
407 Posts
The referees help Korea by a really disgusting way! They don't deserve the quarter finals!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
They have incredible discipline and mental power, I think that's what drives their bodies on running 90 min + extra time every match. Technically they aren't bad, they have improved since Hiddink came. They are also more organized now and I believe this time sheer willpower, luck (as well as some referee mistakes), and ability have combined in making boys dreams come true there on the pitch.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Today's match was kind of strange to say the elast :rolleyes:. On the other hand with the first goal the ref whistle before one could see the ball go in (so he didn't disallow a goal in my opinion) and the second situation the call stopped the Koreans from playing. I'm not sure at all wether that ball had go in without the whistle. One thing is certain though. Korea didn't suffer from a linesmen, who never had lead a match that even comes close to a quarter final in a WC.

Still I like Korea. Are they one of the 4 best football nations in teh world? Of course not. Is their football that could? Not always no. Have they any worldclass players? Far from it.

But how can you stay cool for suuch enthousiasm, such fighting spirit (I don't like it either on othe roccassions but this is just soo damn passionate, unseen really). And what about that crowed :). I melt away every time I hear them sing. And that shy booing is soo funny.

BTW what are these chants they sing all the time (I recognise Ode an die Freude). everyt time I've seen them play those songs keep going in my head all the time?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Something is going on between them and the refs. It's very strange that they've been that lucky in very decisive situations. They were 'lucky' in Portugal match, that Portugal got 2 reds, they were lucky with Totti being sent off for nothing and the goal, which was called offside ... again against the Italians :rolleyes:. Now today they were also lucky. I didn't see the situation in the first half where Spain scored and the ref overruled it. Was it correct or an other ref mistake? Then in Xtratime where Spain scored and the goal again was overruled by the ref :frustrat:.

All this is very suspicious and it actually reminds me of the boxing scandal in Seol '88!

Getting this far can't only be from luck and I also think they've played some of the better football in this WC, but been very, very lucky on their way!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
The 2 red cards against portugal were 2 absolute correct decisions. No discussion possible on that one.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The World Cup is dead - 1930-2002 - R.I.P.

Long live The Champions League!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes ! this world cup is a joke. Champion league is a better games. At least it is not ruined by bad decisions in every game. :mad: :fero:

:confused:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
This WC has lots of refereeing mistakes... more than in normal league games or champions league games... quality is shocking.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I'll tell you my thoughts on the Korean NT when i see them playing away fom home against European team (Italy;)) with decent Refs;)

Until then, i prefer not to express any oppinion:)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Full of confident play by the Koreans....not afraid to attack, breaks the underdog-tradition, mental strength. (not considering the bad calls)

Is the dutch system that good?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not much different from the past WC team with one exception, Organization and Coordination. Korea always a speedy and hard working side. And the Korean should thank Hiddink for that.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
An ok team which should be delighted with second round qualification, being carried to the semi final by FIFA and the referees.

Sure they can run, but they play playstation football.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Speedy and hardworking do not always carry you far. If you look at Korean's past game you would realized their finishing is poor. If the Italians did not have 2 of their defenders out of the game thru injuries (Nesta) and suspension (Canavaro), I doubt very much they could go thru Italian's defense. :mad:

And with a bit of a help, Vola! A Cinderella story that will warm all the hearts of Asia. A true grit story that will ensure great viewership from across Asia whenever their game is on. See the significance here!:greed:

:mad:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
ACA said it best

LETS SEE'EM LAY OUTSIDE OF HOME AND WITH DECENT REFS

i guarantee major poundings for the koreans next WC!

And mori's goal was perfect and the whistle went after the goal was scored, the ball wasnt even on the line so how in hell could the ref think it was out.

KOREA...backed by FIFA!

Lav

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I would like to know how a team that our B team last year crashed in the Confederations Cup 5-0 literally been metamorphosed into a semi-finalist of the World Cup is simply beyond me and anyone else!:eek::eek::dazed: :groan: :eek: :rollani:

At least, they can thank FIFA and the refereeing panel for their helpful and handy help when needed...

As Magic said, the World Cup is dead!:depress:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Many of you say FIFA backed Korea.....why?? Why not Japan?? Wouldn't it a BETTER choice when all things consider? Many of you just full of imagination and run away with it.

Still more reaction from the Azzuri fans than Espana.

·
Registered
248 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
I would like to know how a team that our B team last year crashed in the Confederations Cup 5-0 literally been metamorphosed into a semi-finalist of the World Cup is simply beyond me and anyone else!:eek::eek::dazed: :groan: :eek: :rollani:

At least, they can thank FIFA and the refereeing panel for their helpful and handy help when needed...

As Magic said, the World Cup is dead!:depress:
San siro i am not with you on that one, and i'd say more, while our arrogant and crappy french squad was going around the world shouting they would be world champions for the second time our little koreans WORKED, something the french forgot to do.
So stop this conspiracy theory thing and instead face into the mirror, our great team sucked and they got blown away... I am sorry but the refs didn't stop the spaniards from scoring those 5 goals our "B team" scored last year...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am Asian and from Hong Kong. But a lot of people here don't think Korea is the 'Pride of Aisa'. Indeed even most people over here liked Korea at the earlierstage, we all felt the match today was outrageously unjust. Majority of football fans I met from the Chinese and HK football forums believed something doggy between Korean FA and FIFA.

If you want to know why it is more likely Korea got FIFA back up instead Japan, the answer is simple. FIFA vice president Chung Mong-Joon is Korean, not Japanese.

Check this out:
http://search.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/search/all_en?p=Chung+Mong-joon&c=all_en

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you want to know why it is more likely Korea got FIFA back up instead Japan, the answer is simple. FIFA vice president Chung Mong-Joon is Korean, not Japanese.
But the president is Sepp Blatter and they hate each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts