Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your opinions about our new mister?

I'll reserve my judgement until after the next two matches as they are difficult ones and will tell more than the one's Inzaghi has already managed.

Some fellow supporters I have spoken to have praised the re introduction of Onazi.

For me personally, the players look more calm but the quality of play isn't necessarily a lot better.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Two matches against a terrible Palermo and at home against Empoli. It's way too early to pass any judgement. Benching SMS was obviously the right thing to do but nearly anybody but Pioli could see that.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I like his roster choices, but it's too early to say anything about tactics. Now it's Juve away so we shouldn't expect anything. But it will be interesting to see how we line up tactically. Will Inzaghino still follow Pioli or does he have his own ideas...

At the moment, I'm still hoping we go with someone else for next season. But that can change.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would guess that should he be made permanent, he will forge his new tactics once he gets some of or all the players he requests (one never knows what lotitare will do in a transfer period!).

For now I would assume he'll follow a plan with much alignment to that of Pioli.

Personally, I see the players calmer now than during the last few months. I think this will help them greatly to finish to what is essentially a useless season. I'm still so mad at them though!

I guess it could be worse, lotirchio could have called uncle Edy again :grin2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
He has done well in his short time as the 1st team manager, however it is common for a new manager to have success early on. What concerns me is his lack of experience managing a top side, don't get me wrong I think he is a good manager but I think we would be better off with Mihajlovic in the long run if he should be appointed. He has played for the club as a player, has a good reputation with the fans, he has brought some quality signings to Milan and is feisty and passionate coach. If he keeps on good terms with the board I can see him becoming a success at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Mihajlovic is a downright asshole which should be enough to disqualify him.

Besides that I don't think he is a very good coach. He is all about passion and grinta and that is all well and good but it's not enough if we want to take the next step. I would like someone who is tactically smart and good at keeping the dressing room and on those parametres Mihajlovic doesn't fit the bill.

As far as I know Prandelli and Pellegrini is available and I would much prefer one of those although it will be hard to make that deal. They would probably be expensive and Milan is also in the market for a new coach.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Benching SMS was obviously the right thing to do but nearly anybody but Pioli could see that.
Yes, I followed some Lazio games and I'm so sorry he didn't make some impact on the team. I know he is young and there is time for his improvement but he was the worst player for you everytime I watched Lazio's games and surely I didn't expect that.

Seems that his adjustment didn't went well in Serie A, but I hope he will get another shoot next season. For me personally it would be some surprise if he don't make at least some respectful career as despite his very weak season expectations for him are high.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Lotito had a meeting with Prandelli and according to media a two-year contract is close. Prandelli's conditions are reportedly that three players remain: De Vrij, Biglia and Felipe Anderson.

Let's see. I'd be quite happy to get Prandelli, he's one of the few Italian coaches with an actual vision about how his teams should play. After this season, we need that.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
It looks like Prandelli is a done deal (I know...)

Loads of Serie A-experience, a good run with Fiorentina and he took Italy to the final in EC 2012.

My only concern is if his ideas are beginning to be outdated after nearly 20 years in the game. Italy's last World Cup was terrible and his last job at Galatasaray wasn't much of a success either.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
I sure hope his arrival won't coincide with bringing in former Fiorentina players who are way past their prime or injury prone. :lala:

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Fortunately there aren't many key players from Prandelli's Fiorentina left that we could even potentially get. Montolivo, perhaps, if Milan finally decide he won't lead them back to the top.

By now I really hope to get Prandelli signed. First of all, it's good to get the coach in before the transfer market really starts. But also because Prandelli has asked for a lot of guarantees from Lotito. De Vrij, Candreva, Felipe Anderson and Biglia are all reportedly part of Prandelli's package. Maybe this will change in the negotiations and at least one of them will be sold. Maybe Lotito will break his promises (huge surprise). Maybe one of them (Biglia sounds like the most probable) asks for a transfer and there's not much we can do. But still, I like the idea that by signing Prandelli we at least somehow commit to keeping our key players. Inzaghino would just be happy to get the job, there's no way he could make demands like that. With the lack of quality we have in the team, we just can't afford to lose our core players.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Latest reports are that Prandelli might not arrive after all. Typical Lazio/Lotito approach it seems.

·
Registered
16,829 Posts
It looks like Prandelli is a done deal (I know...)

Loads of Serie A-experience, a good run with Fiorentina and he took Italy to the final in EC 2012.

My only concern is if his ideas are beginning to be outdated after nearly 20 years in the game. Italy's last World Cup was terrible and his last job at Galatasaray wasn't much of a success either.
Don't worry Italy has not caught on to progress :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts