Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On wednesday night, Phil Thompson sat through a damp misserable Ireland-USA match, which Ireland won 2-1(Kinsella,Doherty-Pope)

There is no doubt he was there to see Damion Duff, a huge liverpool target.

Due to club requests, Duff only played 45.But while on the pitch, he preformed his usual tricks and turns and had the USA defence kicking and clattering him every time he got the ball.

He would be an excellent signing before the world cup.His value now is 10m but will soar after the WC

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well yes Duff is excellent and all.. and maybe what Souness is doing is trying to buy time till the WC to see if his price would soar and get a better deal..

But couldn't it also be true that Thommo was there to have a look at Robbie Keane?? He's been a target of GH too...

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
That could be a possible too.... as Leeds wants to offload their star players to balance their book and Robbie Keane might be a target coz 60,000 demand from Anelka is too much.

But, is Robbie Keane a Leeds fan?

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Duff was superb today
watch his mazy run to set up Yordi.
Class

·
Registered
516 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
Duff was superb today
watch his mazy run to set up Yordi.
Class
A brillaaint run from him to set up the goal. I think he'd be a great signing. but as others have said - before the WC otherwise his price could rocket.

I think PT was there to check on Keane as well. Apparently Keane is a Liverpool fan but he turned down a move to Liverpool when leaving Inter because he didn't want to be 4th choice striker. Now he might think different now God's at Leeds.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Is it just me with this opininon? But isn't Robbie Keane over-rated? He's just never really impressed me since his days at Wolves.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
RazorUK said:
Is it just me with this opininon? But isn't Robbie Keane over-rated? He's just never really impressed me since his days at Wolves.
He impressed me a alot......

with his cartwheel goal celebrations....:D

Seriously though...i don't rate him....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
very hard to impress from the Leeds bench. Man of the Match for Ireland last week and he was very impressive. Will do well in Japan as he's hungry again. Went thro a bad patch when he let his ego run amok. Also impressed last month for Ireland too against Denmark and scored a cracker. Over rated? Dont think so. is already edging towards the Ireland's record goal scorer and he's only in his early 20's.

If its over rated players you're into then David Beckham is your man. Good yes, world class no

·
Registered
547 Posts
Robbie Keane has had a pretty turbulent time over the past few years. The reasons for this are unclear but I have no doubt about his ability. He has got more flair than Heskey, Owen and Anelka all put together. Unfortunately he has been prone to inconsistancy and at times his finishing can leave a lot to be desired. All in all though, he would be perfect for Liverpool - he is spritely, entertaining and a nightmare for defenders...

Duff IMO, is currently the hottest property in the EPL. If Liverpool get him then they will have a diamond on their hands. From a selfish point of view I want him to stay at Blackburn but I fear that he is simply TOO good for us.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't particularly rate Robbie Keane, and wouldn't want him at Anfield, but Damo Duff is a different matter. We have lacked wide attacking players, although Riise has improved this problem in the absence of Berger.

No matter what Souey says, Duff won't want to spend the rest of his career with a team battling relegation and with little real chance of cracking the top prizes. Liverpool are on the up and are going places - who wouldn't want to be a part of it ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Also, Duff has proved he is not just a winger as his play through the middle has been exceptional aswell, for Ireland only.

He has linked superbly well with Robbie Keane and when the two play together there is an almost telepathic understanding. I am not overstating when I say that they link as well as any two players I have seen. They both have the technical ability, pace and intelligence to work with each other. Ian Harte better be on song come World Cup time because Duff is going to win so many free kicks around the box...

I do prefer Duff out left though as he can get on the ball much more, and as his delivery has moved on to a different level in recent months, he can provide plenty of ammo for Quinn.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cokane: I have to admit that I'm really impressed with the Republic's team. On paper their strikeforce is relatively weak, I mean Quinn is well past his best, Keane isn't a regular first teamer, and yet they play consistently well, beating good teams along the way.

To my mind, they have no reason to fear Germany and I reckon they should qualify through their group for the qtrs and will take some stopping.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts