Xtratime Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Friki said:
Joaquín was better than Navas in his game though :D

It's a shame for Brazil/Spain that Alves/Navas isn't Brazilian/Spanish because with eachother, they work so perfect.

Capel - Adriano could also become a wrecking left wing if they get time...
But where would you put Capel or Adriano? None of them are backs, you COULD put adriano in the middle and take out Poulsen, but Poulsen is much better in the middle than Adriano.

Unfortunately for Adriano, Capel is playing like a man possessed. He shouldn't worry cause unfortunately Capel will be offered big money sooner or later and take off across the pond, or up the AVE to some capital city near KM 0.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can play fullback, doesn't mean I'm any good.

Hehe I kid, I kid.

Yeah, he can play fullback, but they won't take out Drago just for that reason. Unless he starts to struggle, the team will stay the way it is.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
ryanelguiri said:
But where would you put Capel or Adriano? None of them are backs, you COULD put adriano in the middle and take out Poulsen, but Poulsen is much better in the middle than Adriano.

Unfortunately for Adriano, Capel is playing like a man possessed. He shouldn't worry cause unfortunately Capel will be offered big money sooner or later and take off across the pond, or up the AVE to some capital city near KM 0.
Adriano was a fullback in Brazil and has that as his "first" position so yes, he's a back but he's good in the attacking depart so that's why they use him as a LW.
For example, at Valencia we had Fabio Aurelio who played alot as a LW, that didn't mean that he couldn't play as a LB.
It was more that Rafa wanted to use his strenght in the attacking depart, just like Adriano.

Drago is good so I don't blame the coach for Sevilla for not playing them both, I can understand too that it can be risky to have two "Daniel Alves" (when you use the exact freedom of two players, it can turnout quite bad in the defence at the end).

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Friki said:
I can understand too that it can be risky to have two "Daniel Alves" (when you use the exact freedom of two players, it can turnout quite bad in the defence at the end).
It worked with Salgado and Roberto Carlos when they were in their prime :proud:

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
It worked with Salgado and Roberto Carlos when they were in their prime :proud:
Like I said, it CAN turn out bad ;)

I remember that Athletic used Del Horno and Iraola like some really crazy attacking fullbacks with Valverde and now he's using Zabaleta (what a fúcking good RB he is and so underrated) with Clemente as some really attacking power.

As I said, it can either be sensational or catastrophic :D
But I think in Sevilla's case it could be good, they have very strong central midfielders in Poulsen, Keita, Maresca, Renato etc. so they can use their flanks to come alot more higher up the pitch.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts