Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow, I'm not that impressed with Michel Salgado. Probably because I keep comparing his work on the right side of defense to Roberto Carlos' on the left. Not that he's not good, but Salgado just doesn't create as many chances and scores as Roberto Carlos does.

I think Ivan Helguera is by far the best buy of the season. He only cost $8M (compare that to $36M for Anelka, $15M for Balic and $12 for Salgado). He worked his way into the starting lineup and has been good in both midfield in defense. Great in the air and also in the ground. Many observers call him the next Hierro. (Remember Hierro also started in midfield and eventually settled in defense).

Second I'd say goes to Geremi and third, Salgado.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Which of this years new players have done best in the white shirt?

In my opinion it is Salgado from Celta. I had my worries when Real Madrid sold Panucci to Inter but I later realized that we in Salgado got an even better player at the right back. Salgado have proven to be a stable player with good defensive and offensive abilities.

If I have to choose a number two it must be Helguera. He didn't make much of impact at the team at the start of the season but after the injuries of Guti and Hierro he has proven to be a valuable player for Real Madrid.

Now there's only four days.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Interesting question and my pick goes....to...GEREMI FOTSO NDJITAP. I know I'm being a bit biased here, but IMO he's been the most impressive throughout the season. I just can't forget those performances against barcelona twice. He was just soooo good. I love the guy. The best buy in terms of stability has to be Salgado - I mean he never had to worry about a place in the starting line-up. But one has to ask if that's thx to his greatness or lack of competition? Ivan Helguera has to be up there, but the reason he's so low is because he's just not played much. OK! He's great now, but he sucked throughout the year and that's why he didn't play! So it's Geremi :) just edging Michel ahead of the in-form guy Helguera!

1 Geremi
2 Salgado
3 Ivan Helguera

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dwMB-

Many people also called Ivan Campo the next Hierro =)

(though I think he does get picked on too much.

Labas, you've convinced me to keep an eye out for Geremi. =) I admit I never paid a whole lot of attention to him when he did play, but I will now...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Ivan Helguera really looks like the next Hierro and I hope it happens :) I'm also very happy, because this might mean Geremi has a new fan :) :) :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I'll give any talented player a chance (well, ok, within reason) =)

For best buy, I'd also like to think it could be Macca or Balic. Yes, they've been "busts" cos of injuries, but I think they'll come back and show their value (if they haven't already started already).

While Anelka has not been the "best buy" of the season, hey, who hasn't been glad that he's been around the past month? =)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Best buy is Helguerro
Best addition is McManaman
Best player is Raul.

That's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Elvir Baljic is said to be a great guy, very very talented, one of the really best out there. Unfortunately he really hasn't gotten his chance yet. And it may be difficult with Savio here :( I really have faith in Elvir and hope he has a better season next time aroubd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts