Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have CM4, but wish it were faster, should I buy the new one, full price too as Eidos seem to have it all wired up so I can't get a copy, not that I would anyway. ;)

So is it quicker than CM4? And can it add that bit extra that CM4 was missing?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
No, nothing can beat CM 01/02 in terms of speed. Hell, I tried my original CM 97/98 the other day, and even that with only three leagues wouldn't run as fast.

However, once you really get into CM 03/04, the gap in overall experience between that and CM 01/02 seems almost as wide as the gap between the CM 2 series and the CM 3 series. Simply put, CM 01/02 seems very dated.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Yes I feel the same, its especially hard to get used to not seeing the 2D match engine, when you return to CM3.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I got CM4 as my first taste of Championship Manager, I thought it was o.k. Not used to anything else, but CM 03/04 has totally hooked me. It is far better than CM4 IMO. The only similarities are the positions of the menus and the basic gameplay but the overall quality is far better in the new one. I was actually expecting it to be far more similar to CM4 with only the updates and riddance of bugs being different. I'd advise you to get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts