Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only doesnt look like ****, it also works like it!

way too slow, I have to wait like over 5 minutes to just watch a topic!
I havent got all day you know....

Please fix it!!

Or change server! ;)

---HUP HOLLAND HUP----

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i wonder what happened with the stars for rookie,moderator and co-owner!!
i had 2 stars,now nothing..

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
:) Editing, posting features are better now. Also it's easier to see how many times a post has been viewed. And the forum update icons are now back.

:( A bit sluggish. And no stars?

All in all I think it's better than before--once it's been fine-tuned.

D

·
0 Posts
It looks better, but like already metioned it's a lot slower, you have to wait quite a while for everything to load. I would not have minded if it stayed like how it used to be.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only thing thats great to the new forum, are the new smilies and all! :cool:

But the time you have to wait just to acces a topic and post a reply to it, :mad:

This is the biggest negativity at this new forum IMO!

Why? :confused:

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Now it's strange! To me, with this new version I can post my replies faster and see it sooner unlike you people. Weird.
But it's a bit more troublesome to get here! Takes longer time. From Laziomania I can't go directly to this forum (but this problem should be solved after bookmarking this page I guess).
The new 'faces' seem cooler 'coz there's more variety, I agree. And there are more features too. I like that!
I guess it'll just take a few days to get used to this new version of the forum...And I'm willing to play around ;)
And I'm sure that Jan is just trying to improve this forum and I appreciate his efforts!

Forza Lazio

·
International
6,519 Posts
thanks bonita for telling that :p

this forum ? Better look but slower function :eek:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Well, it works better now...

This is the first time I've been able to access the forum without my browser crashing. So this whole "improvement" thing gets a :( from me!! And to quote an American saying... IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!! Okay?!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The problem was it was broken. The old forums script was malfunctioning more and more deleting posts and screwing up times etc. Thats why I decided to change it now and if you followed the announcements I sent out to those who opted in for them you will know why the forum was slow and not is faster. Especially when you use the search function you will see its much faster than the old script.

As for design I thought something should mark the move and upgrade :) I know not everyone likes changes, but sometimes you just have to try it out and see what happens :D

Jan

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Well, that's true. I just tried that 'search' function and was amazed to see how fast it was, compared to the old format.

·
International
6,519 Posts
The new look of forum is really GREAT ! :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts