Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona's Kluivert house-hunting ahead of Arsenal move
tribalfootball.com - December 29, 2003

Barcelona striker Patrick Kluivert is already house-hunting in London ahead of a potential move to Arsenal.
A close pal told the News of the World, "Patrick says he will soon sign for the Gunners. He has even been to London already to look for a new home. Apparently, United were interested too - but Patrick says he prefers to live in London and not Manchester."

A Barcelona insider also said, "It is an open secret now that Patrick is going to London - the only uncertainty is when.

"Any sort of decent offer for him would get him right away - otherwise it will happen in the summer, for sure."

--------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona's Kluivert chases Arsenal move
tribalfootball.com - December 28, 2003

Barcelona star Patrick Kluivert is on his way to Arsenal.
The Dutchman has been linked with Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea since the summer and could be offloaded by Barca in January.

Indeed, Kluivert has told the News of the World that his next move will be to Highbury.

--------------------------------------------------

okay couple these pieces of news with the statement of Kluivert that his management company will handle his transfer before they do anyone elses...and it all makes sense doesnt it ?

·
1st Tier Poster
48,621 Posts
Tribalfootball.com quoting stuff from News Of The World:howler:.Both not exactly a reliable sources, that's for sure:tongue:

I don't think Patrick is going to leave in winter.At least I hope he doesn't.Barca does not have the cash to get a decent replacement for him.And it's hard to sign good players in the middle of season.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
He has a release clause to leave for £1.5 million now because Barca gave him a pay cut, right? I heard something about that in the summer. If I was him and wanted to move I would go back to Ajax. The club that made him and appreciated him. He should give something back to the club that gave him so much. :stress:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
on recent form this is bad news. However in the long term this was always going to happen and atleast theres the gurantee that we should bring in a natural goalscorer if this is the case.

·
Super Moderator
13,641 Posts
He will not go to Ajax for sure. He looks like one of those players that doesn't make this sort of moves.

And Ajax already have Zlatan and Sonck, who might not be as good as kluivert yet, but have the potential for sure.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
just checked sport and they are reporting the same story. Interesting that it says that Inter have also decided to buy the other half in Adriano eliminating another choice.

I get the distinct opinion that we will get Hasselbaink if anyone

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maz said:
just checked sport and they are reporting the same story. Interesting that it says that Inter have also decided to buy the other half in Adriano eliminating another choice.

I get the distinct opinion that we will get Hasselbaink if anyone
And sport also quoted news of the world...
As Andy Christ writes, they are not exactly famous for their reliability...

They are notorious for making up interviews with players...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
CarniVore said:
And sport also quoted news of the world...
As Andy Christ writes, they are not exactly famous for their reliability...

They are notorious for making up interviews with players...
whether news of the world is reliable or not, the fact that these "rumours" of going to England have been apparant for around 3 years is significant.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Kluivert will go and Saviola will follow unless the Argentinina is happy in the bench. Witha 4-2-3-1 formation there is no place for any of the two in the first 11.

·
Registered
967 Posts
KEZMAN

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Kluivert would pair well with Henry, Henry probably needs someone to set him up and Kluivert is pretty solid passer.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was already known that Barca would be on the hunt for a forward in the summer...so it was evident that either Kluivert or Saviola would have to leave....Adriano's been snapped up now so we can maybe have a look at JFH or Vieiri if the guy doesnt demand too much in wages...i know Vieiri is like 'old' but hey old is gold :D

by the ways Sergio Garcia's been promoted to the first team squad on a permanent basis...

on the injury front Puyol, Gabri, Motta, Xavi and Overmars remain out...and did not train today

·
Super Moderator
13,641 Posts
Sure, but to end his carreer or something like that, like a lot of players do.
Right now I think it's impossible, I´m sure other big European teams with more money want him anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts