·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scotland sucks.......

R

·
0 Posts
We never claimed that it was the greatest league in the world, but Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen have all won European trophies.
Because there is not top class opposition every week, it just means that Scottish teams have to play extra hard when they go into Europe.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for the first im not swedish,im italian
for the second the scottish teams won their cups in the 60's,and nobody remember it now.

R

·
0 Posts
Rangers had to beat Parma to qualify for the Champions League. Does this mean that the Scottish League is better than Serie A ?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
If the Scottish league is so crap how come Rangers continue to attract great players such as Numan, Van Bronkhourst, Mols, Kanchelskis etc.

Nick - how many of your posts have been aimed at provoking an angry reaction yet it seems you have no idea about the leagues you insult.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no,like i told you.
there is to great teams in scotland.
rangers and celtic but the rest is craps....

M

·
0 Posts
Ok, nasty. I'm Scottish and I admit that our league is crap compared to Europe's bigger leagues (italy, england etc).

However, YES, we have TWO good teams!
That's TWO more than many other leagues have.
Therefore saying the Scot's league is the worst in the world is a retarded statement.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
There are far worse leagues than the scottish one. You never saw what's up at the Balkans in Albania or Bulgaria for instance.

D

·
0 Posts
Rangers do seem to romp home every year, leaving the other teams no chance apart from Celtic, but that does not make the Scottish League the worst league in the world. I know a guy who admits his Malaysian League is absolutely the worst league in the world, probably much worse than the Scottish League. EA did not think it was worse enough not to include it in their FIFA 2000 game.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry guys i meant that i think rangers and caltic is dominating the league and there are few great players from scotland in the league.albanian league and bulgarian league may be worst,but they have no money....

R

·
0 Posts
I suppose if you take it that second rate leagues are won by the same team every year, then the English Premiership is one of the worst leagues in the world.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
want to know the WORST league in the world?..........
ever hear of the CSL?(CANADIAN SOCCER LEAGUE) now that was the worst league ever!!!........

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
nasty nick, I think if we use the same argument in the italian league is Milan Juve now
It does suck that the other teams have no chance, that I will agree
It is a league with 2 very good teams, its a shame that the others fail to adapt or are inhibited from adapting, don't know what it is

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
nasty nick, I think if we use the same argument in the italian league is Milan Juve now
It does suck that the other teams have no chance, that I will agree
It is a league with 2 very good teams, its a shame that the others fail to adapt or are inhibited from adapting, don't know what it is
The majority of the leagues around Europe are the same closed shops to 2, 3 or at best 4 teams.

The SPL isn't a great league, but it's certainly not the worst around. If it was as poor as some people try to portray then the nation wouldn't be so relatively high in UEFA's co-efficients, in terms of European places awarded each season.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
King Henrik, those 2 great teams are obviously what gives you the Uefa's high standing.
All I am saying is that it is a shame that there are never any surprises in the outcome

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
the same can be said for most leagues. i personally happen to like the style of play in the SPL. that has never even been mentioned in this thread. its a rough and tumble league, and yes, at the end of the day, celtic and rangers usually win their matches. but lets talk about the way the games get played. we all know that it's about money, a few have, most do not. free agency has destroyed almost all sport leagues. if u can afford to buy a championship, then u will win . if not, well we all can see what happens. chelsea?, yankees?, milan?...

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
nasty nick said:
scotland sucks.......
Is this some kind of wind up? A forum manager with over 9,000 posts comes here and simply proclaims, "Scotland sucks"?

How are we to respond to this intellectual genius, this wordsmith of the hightest order with his rapier like wit, this vocabulary maestro??

Well I have to admit the words "bite my pipe" sprung to mind but clearly I must rise above that and attempt to find a more mature way of displaying my contempt for such a damning line.

With the help of some follow up messages the original poster has now elaborated on the gist of his opinion and it's one that's shared by a number of people, myself included.

I would love the Scottish Premier League to be highly competitive and high in quality but as with many other European countries this is a simple case of finance. Celtic and Rangers have finances available that no other Scottish team can currently come close to matching and to this end the SPL is a two horse race (over a season of matches). Like most clubs in their position they don't really care about anyone else, they just want to increase their income by as much as possible citing themselves as the have not's compared to some of Europe's larger clubs.

I'll finish by confessing that I think Sweden is a wonderful country (bringing us the musical legends of ABBA, the sophisticated motoring of Saab and Volvo and of course the flat pack artistry of Ikea) and I wish you well.:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nick, **** off and learn some facts.

Scotland are ranked 9th out of 52 Countries in the all-time list of participation in European Football. Scotland has had 4 different teams compete in European Finals, in 4 different decades, with 3 different teams winning trophies.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts