Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona is not only a joke, but a disgrace.

Valencia, Deportivo, Real Madrid (and Atletico in Segunda) are
examples of successful Spanish teams (big clubs) who Barca do not follow. These clubs mentioned have a STRONG base of Spanish players in their team, and EXCEPTIONAL foreign talent. (most are internationals) Look at Barca? What a disgrace that
only 2 Spain players are in the first 11 against Madrid in the Champions league, it is more of a dutch or brazilian team than spanish! It is not that I am against foreign imports, who have made Spain the best league, this is true, but each Spanish club
must not lose its identity by not paying attention to their cantera or other great domestic footballers from our country.

(Even your own legend, Cryuff said he would not put 11 Spaniards
in Ajax if he were coach....)

Look at Barca. They love to spend millions on "great" players like
Rochemback, Geovanni, Overmars, Christanval, ....... while Iniesta, Arteta etc. are not "good enough."

What kind of phylosophy is this? I have never seen such a team full of such poor players who are not committed and a naive coach and president who cant even vision a revolution........this
is definately the worst Barcelona for the last 30 years or so.
This team does not deserve to be involved in European competition next season, they are a bad reputation for Spanish football!

(Losing to a greek team & defending with 10 men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dont be offended, I am hoping one day Barca will become once again a decent team worthy of being a Spanish club.

·
Registered
879 Posts
mallorquin said:
Barcelona is not only a joke, but a disgrace.

Valencia, Deportivo, Real Madrid (and Atletico in Segunda) are
examples of successful Spanish teams (big clubs) who Barca do not follow. These clubs mentioned have a STRONG base of Spanish players in their team, and EXCEPTIONAL foreign talent. (most are internationals) Look at Barca? What a disgrace that
only 2 Spain players are in the first 11 against Madrid in the Champions league, it is more of a dutch or brazilian team than spanish!
You couldnt' be more wrong. Puyol & Xavi were suspended.. as for brazilians.. we only have 3 of them. While its true that barc,a has more than your average number of foreigners.. I don't look at this as negative. After all, the club was started by foreigners. To me, this says good things. It says that people all around the world are getting to know some about barcelona and catalonia.

I hope people realize how important south america and the netherlands in terms of a good base from which to draw players from. We must keep prominent dutch and south americans on our squads.. not only for promoting the team.. and merchandising.. but also to make sure good players grow up watching their own countries play for barc,a.. so THEY will want to do the same.

As for the worst in 30 years? Well.. the defeat to madrid probably makes it so.

We were missing 4 out of 5 best players.. ease up man. Were you one of those guys throwing cell phones at gaspart at the end of the game? heheh..

BTW, rivaldo will almost certainly leave at the end of the season, along with Frank De Boer, overmars, and probably kluivert. Maybe you can convince Juventus to give us trezguet at a bargain price.. like 40mil pounds.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i don't know if this is the worst barça in 30 years, its true that barça has spent this year a lot of money with players that no body knew them geovanni, rochemback christanval. i think they are not as bad as press say, and about foreigers i like more catalans or spanish but i don't care if there are more players from out spain, and we have a lot of international, rivaldo, maybe saviola, christanval, all dutchs, puyol, xavi and luis enrique have been internationall, andersson, reina,coco ...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
barca team or players are excellent...but they need a good coach to put each one in the suitable position...and that's all

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
What do I have to say?
Holland - Spain: 1-0 by Frank de Boer?
Spain - Holland: 1-2?

We need a decent coach. And decent players. The problem isn't some players are Dutch, the problem is Reiziger, De Boer and Overmars are crap and Cocu is getting old. That has nothing to do with their passports.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Like usuall I agree and dissagree with you "mallo". I can`t undertand it either why Iniesta or Arteta gets a chanse. And I agree with you that I haven`t seen a single really good dutch player in the team since Ronald Koeman.

The tactic against PAO was terrible, I agree on that. But that`s the desicion of the coach. I think we`ll see a completly new Barça next season. This teams time`s over. I think that most of the forigner will be sold this summer.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I hope you're right. Afterall, I did go into this season looking at it as a transition phase, before we get the right coach, who then will get rid of players like Reiziger, Cocu, Dutruel, Alfonso, Overmars, etc. And I want a guy that will finaly make use of the many talents only waiting to get playing time, like Arteta, Iniesta, Nano, etc :).

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
It may be the worst Barça since 30 years ... but that only makes my love for Barça stronger! :rolleyes: :stuckup:
The true fans show up when the club experiences a crisis. Think about it! :rolleyes:
BTW: I don't care a how many spaniards we have as Barça is a catalan team. :stuckup: and anybody who wants can come to Catalunya and adopt catalan lifestyle there ... without rassistic or nationality-frontiers! :eek:

·
Registered
150 Posts
ehum Robban

Robban said:
Like usuall I agree and dissagree with you "mallo". I can`t undertand it either why Iniesta or Arteta gets a chanse. And I agree with you that I haven`t seen a single really good dutch player in the team since Ronald Koeman.
So when did Kluivert be a B Player then??

ANd what about to snatch Van Nistelroy to Barcelona there another good dutch

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I agree Bier, in some way, because I don't consider Romario, Koeman and Hristo foreigners the way I do when thinking of Christanval, wanting to leave our great club because he's benched a few games, or Overmars, FDB, etc. But I don't see those guys in the club right now, and I want to see more of our own comming through, and I honestly think it's about time we get a new era, with a NEW set of youngsters getting a true chance. Gabri has somewhat failed, but Puyol and Xavi are key players, in the same way I want Arteta, Iniesta and Baba f.ex to be in two years :).

And I think it's therefore important that we get rid of some of the not so good foreigners, Overmars, Reiziger, Dutruel, FDB, Christanval, maybe even Kluivert, to make space for the before mentioned. In the same way I don't REALLY fancy Rocky playing the central midfield role, when we have guys like Iniesta and Arteta perfectly able to take over.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I totally agree about this new era-thing since I think they could not achive worse than our actual team :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yeah its pretty bad i agree.... i think a lot of players will leave which is sad in a way....

but the saddest thing of all is that from the current sqaud i would keep only a handful of players....

rochemback, geovanni, xavi, gerard, saviola, gabri, LE, puyol, anderson and possibly kluivert...

we need a new defence both CB and LB.... and the midfield needs a big shake up as well as the obvious need for a another tip top striker to complement saviola, a big burly type... i vote for Tristan!!...

i see the need for a defensive midfielder that plays hard like baraja, we need another dedicated skilful RW ( lets face it we need a true replacement for figo) like mendi, who can shoot and pass as well... and a left winger like vincente to put up some quailty crosses....

a tristan saviola combo upfront will solve the rest....

cheers

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
We all agree this team stinks and certain players will have to be replaced. But almost all the names you guys mention aren't even spanish. We need HOME-GROWN players.

VG was right about one thing: he needed to create a new Barça and it would take time. And VG didn't get it. (Note: I'm only referring to VG's ideas about how to create a great new Barça.) He signed his Dutchmen for instant success. And Robban, Frank de Boer was good in his first season. Cocu was great until one-and-a-half year ago. Hesp was a good keeper except for his last season. And according to VG they were to leave after a year or 3 to 4. Well, that means it was in his plans to sell most of those players last year and this year.

I think when we signed VG we knew the first few years wouldn't be too good. Anyone who didn't just lost his head with the thought of the CL he picked up 2 years earlier. He would deliver trophies after 3-4 years. We will never know whether he would've done that, but fact is he had to construct those trophies on a good layer. He was still building that winning team when he left. After he left two idiots took over who started to break down the fundaments VG created instead of continuing building a Dream Team 2. VG's biggest problem was his arrogance and his press-appearance. Until today I'm wondering whether guys like Koeman, Cruijff or even Rexach would get the sympathy of the cules when they combine VG's vision on youth and Rivaldo with their own personality...

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
I just don´t get why some people are eager to get rid of Kluivert??
If it cause u feel we can get in alot of money for him ok. I understand that...

But there is really no other reason to get rid of him. NONE
He´s the perfect teammate. The rest of the players like him.
He along with Puyol have been our best player this year.
It´s not like there is a better striker out there to get...

Even if I would agree (which I don´t) that Romario,Ronaldo and Stochikov were better than Kluivert it´s not important cause RIGHT NOW we can´t find a better striker then Kluivert.

But there is one more thing to.. Kluivert haven´t even reached his prime years of 26,27 and 28 he´s still very young and has a bright future here...

I know some of u are frustrated on some of his missed chances but don´t give up on him he has finished better this year and I don´t think it´s to late to learn how to put the ball in the net.
When he does that... LOOK OUT!!!!!

Thanx for the great avatar P.Kluivert it´s great! (I still believe in the mircale on Wednesday)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm

Krijn:

I didnt say dutch football is bad, it is great, but lets think about
it in a different way. Van Gaal wanted a strong Holland team
at Barca when he was there, the only problem is that Nunez would not spend millions on the best, so to Van Gaal any dutch
player was just as good. ( for example...Ruud Hesp????)

In Barcelona's case, their "oranje" selection is not amongst the best. For example, Barca being a "massive" club who can have
anything they want, if they truly wanted the best from Holland,
why dont they have Ruud Van, Davids, and Stam rather
than kluivert, reiziger cocu & de boer???? Or in the Brazilian case, why rochemback, geovanni, motta when Emerson, Lucio etc.
are out there? Same is true with Saviola and Bonano.

These are very average to poor players from such nations however they are regular's in the team.

Barcelona had no problem in ridding themselves of the "poor"
spaniards in the team. (Alfonso & Dani) yet they stay with the rest. Does this make any sense?

As for more "nationals" in the team. All successful clubs imply
such a phylosophy. If you only have 1 Spain player in the team, how is that club supposed to have an identity? This is true in
any nation, that is why you wouldnt see 11 "cheap" brazilians playing for Red Star Belgrade...........

(in reference to your friendly results mentioned, I remind you
that those were friendlies! Spain lost 4-1 to germany & 3-0 to England in friendlies, are you going to tell me they have better players than us too??)

ROBBAN: I am happy you agree this time!

BIER: I doubt any foreigner or even Spaniard comes to Barca to "love Cataluyna." Has this ever been true? Not everyone is
Josep Guardiola!!!!!!!!!!!!

Espanyol is the true team of Cataluyna, if you like it or not!
;)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I think its more inconsistency then anything else.

Still, despite the coach and the injuries, Barca are in the CL semis. That alone is a very good achievment IMO.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Still, despite the coach and the injuries, Barca are in the CL semis. That alone is a very good achievment IMO.
Finally a Real Madrid fan with some common sense. I thought there weren't any RM fans who could talk in a unbiased manner about Barcelona.

Thank you for proving me wrong :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
To me, this says good things. It says that people all around the world are getting to know some about barcelona and catalonia.

Getting to know Catalonia??? You got a be joking? What the hell does the present Barca team have that symbolizes Catalonia? If you are Catalan maxout you should be ashamed. As mallorquin pointed only two Spaniards in the last match against Real and they we're Asturianos. On average even when Puyol and Xavi are playing there at most mabye 3 or 4 Spanish and Catalan players.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts