Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... the idea of two defensive central midfielders.I can just take for an example the todays match against Venezia where everything we create has to come from the flanks.And then we are still uncapable of doing it.I think we could do well with a central midfielder with defensive AND offensive qualities.My theory of continue playing with Di Biagio and Cristiano is starting to fade away after seeing us very uncreative in the central midfield.We can´t continue creating everything on the flanks.The wingers gets three players on the right away and we have to start over all the time.

I think that maybe we should start playing someone else than Di Biagio.Not because Di Biagio has individually performed bad,but to switch the tactics a little and put someone like Dalmat or Emre in central midfield.Still continue to play with the same formation and all,but to just put someone more creative in central midfield as well.Then it´s definetely one of Dalmat or Emre that should take that position.

I don´t know,I´m very undecided about this and open minded about new ideas,but it is starting to annoy me that we are so dependant on our wingers when it comes to offensive runs.

What do you guys think? :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Well sometimes I think so too!

There is not always need to defende all the time! :mad:
Sometimes we should dare something more!

Our midfield needs more fantasy!

For example today we missed Recoba a lot, but we had Seedorf on the bench, I would have seen him on the pitch!

Cuper you have to dare more!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
for me, i always think that u have to play with 2 defensive midfielders when u play an away game...no matter they are big team or small team...i m not really a big fan with playing 2 DMs...i think with emre there, we should try to play CZ and emre in the middle...i like DB but it's time for him to sit a little more... something like dalmat--CZ--Emre--Recoba...

·
Registered
831 Posts
personaly i have always been wanting CZ-Dalmat in the center and i think that cuper will do that, since Dalmat was starting in that position back in november

·
Registered
320 Posts
Us lacking creativity in the central midfield is a problem indeed.
As i see it we have to options when we are to make a lineup. The first is:
Dalmat/Conseicao-----CZ----DB-----Chino.
This lineup would in my oppinion give us plenty of creativity in our play, maybe not in the central midfield but our wingers will most certenly give us creativity. If we were to replace DB with either Emre or Dalmat i think that we would be to offensive. 1 defensive midfilder isn't enough for covering up for Chino and Conseicao cuz these 2 are really offensive
The other option is:
Conseicao-----CZ------Emre------Dalmat
This lineup will give us creativity in both CM and on the wings, and at the same time we will not get to offensive.

I think these lineups are equally good BUT they are completely different. This gives us a huge advantage. When we know that the opposing team have weak backs then we field the first one and when we know that we can't be sure to break through on the wings then we field the second one which gives us the posibility to break through in the central midfield as well

·
Registered
429 Posts
One thing Cuper has worked consistently with is to bring balance into our team. A balnace that we longed for so long, taking us away from recent seasons misery with all those ups and downs that used to characterize us. Cuper has prioritized balance to eyecatching attacking football, leaving some players like Seedorf, and Chino out of the team. Now things are more balanced at Inter and he should let gifted players like Chino and Concesiao have a regular place in the team. But the line goes at the inner midfield. Do NOT let defensively unreliable players like Seedorf, Emre or Dalmat ruin our balance in midfield! :mad: Do not compare Inter with Lazio, Juve or any other team because they are different than us. Don't forget our chaotic history, we don't need to push are luck with experiments. In my opinion, the only realistic alternative to Dibi is Farinos but I'm not to sure on him either. We should wait for Mendieta (hope he's coming next year :D ), reunite him with Hector and build the best midfield in the world ( **** real Madrid :D ). Then Dibi will be an excellent replacement for Christiano.

But until then.... lets not push it, aiight? ;)

Next year:

Toldo
Zanetti Matrix Cordoba Coco
Dalmat Mendieta CZ Chino
R9 SuperBobo

HA! You can't phuck with that! :D :cool:

P.S Dalmat played great in PSG, playing to the right. If he's given something of a free role on the right he will rule!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Honestly it has always been there

The truth of thematter is that if Recoba comes back and Dalmat plays right wing we know it will improve

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Like what I have said before in the other thread about formation.....I am highly supportive of the idea of putting 1 creative midfielder and one defensive, especially against a small team where we always found that it is unnecessary to put the additional defensive holder in the central midfield, because against small teams we have always been dominating, so putting 2 defensive midfielders would be really unnecessary since one defensive midfielder is enough to hold off or at least distract these small teams' rhythm....
So of course Inter rather use that spot for a more useful approach by putting Emre or Dalmat there, creating an additional firepower from the center to even more energized one fo the best offense in Serie A which so far have only comes down from the wings....so imagine if we add more firepower here....

While against a bigger team I think this tac-tic would become really handy, because one defensive midfielder won't be enough to hold the whole team but 2 defensive midfielders will do just fine....but ofcourse with this kind of formation we need a more offensive wingers on the left than Guly....Recoba is the answer!!!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
The reason why our lack of creativy in the middle is apparent, is the fact that our wingers are terrible when i comes to crossing, if our winger presented any threat to the defense it would open more space for our central midfielders, who would be able to contribute more in offense, even if their main purpose is defense.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
haha, im not gonna speak out. But, i think Cuper is doing the right thing. In italy whe you have a striker that can punce on everything. and an atatcking winger who can dazzle the hell out of any-one. You dont need a Creative-Defensive midfielder. Conceicao and Recoba dont know how to defend. And it will be absolute CRAP if Cuper changes the tactics every time a winger is injured. Zanetti and Di Biagio have been playing grteat, possibly the best tandem in Serie A, no changes needed.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I agree i dont like the idea of 2DM i say Cuper just changes DiBiaggio for Dalmat and Conciecao for Okan:).With Recoba on the Left.The creativity will be much better with such a midfield:).COME BACK DALMAT:depress:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I support Cuper's tactic so 2 DM is necessary !!

The only problem with inter is our wing play.....both in right and left wing !!! If only we have 2 more consistant wingers that both can defend and attack I think Inter now is still in 1st place

Guly,Conceciao had been dissapointing !

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
i dont mind cuper 2DM but at the same time ronnie must be in the field too. you know, we cant depend on the wingers to win scudetto, has to be an attacks from the center. the creative one.
and you know ronnie has an awesome dribble he can bring the ball from midfield to front. so our attack is complete.:) but if ronnie cant play we must use an attacking AMC and dalmat is the answer. after all i choose dalmat and cristiano in the center than dibiagio;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I beleave the solution is Dalmat, because he works hard and he is creative. So even if we only got 10% of his creativity we would do much better. For example today, when we were supposed to attack, the venezia players just tried to hold the flanks back and then our attacks were halted. And the fact that Guly sucks doesn't help. He can't even go past one defender, they always stop him, then he turns back and plays the ball to dibiagio, who in turn plays the ball to zanetti. Finally after transporting the ball to the otherside, conceciao tries to go past his defender and he loses the ball. Guly has a bad influence on all of the other players, especially Conceciao and he can't even cross.

I especially remember one sequence when he is all alone and tries to cross to vieri and instead passes the ball over to conceciao, and I have a hard time believing he was aiming for him. Even gresko does it better.

Recoba----Zanetti--Dalmat----Conceciao

or, when we are playing away games

Recoba----Zanetti--Di biagio----Dalmat

I also think Okan has been playing well when he has had a chance.

Seedorf is keeping the bench warm incase anyone was to get injured, or replaced. Poor guy.

Lets just hope Ronaldo will be back for the game against Verona.

By the way, is there anyone else except me that gets anoyed when vieri doesn't press, because Kallon runs like crazy, but it is kind of useless when Vieri just walks around, even if the ball is 2 meters away.

Ciao

L

·
0 Posts
don't laugh at me,but i really don't know what's wrong with Dalmat ?Injury?if so when he will be back?

i think the CZ-Dalmat combin is idealism.

·
Registered
831 Posts
for those who agree with cupers tactics, i would like to remind u that cupers initial lime-up when the midfield was complete was that of CZ-Dalmat and DB on the bench ... Dalmat played on the right when injuries for that side started but when someone else played on the right Cuper placed Dalmat in the center with CZ.

also Dalmat is no where near bad in defence, he only made one error which he got a harsh red card for ! Dalmat has pace and he works hard so i think defencivly he is good ... also he has great vision he always spots the runs of R9, Kallon and Bobo ... i remember one pass in the UEFA at R9's comeback where Ronie made a run and Dalmat made a no looker pass to R9 who was 1 on 1 with the goalie.

Emre he is great in the center, it suits him much better than on the lef, he always played in the center back in gala and he was class. However, i would prefer to give him that chance next year after the WC that should give him more experiance and confidence when he plays against the best of the best after all he is only 21 .

basicaly as soon as Dalmat is fit i expect him to be a starter back in the center

for next year maybe sell of conceicao for some good money (after WC prices always go up)... MAYBE !! ..and then put dalmat on the right and emre in the center with CZ .

btw... chino will always start on the left wing, i think every one agress with that ;)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Someone knows what the heII happened to Dalmat? What? Did he break his legs or something, damn!!!

WHERE IS HE??????

Recoba--Di Biagio--CZ--Dalmat

This midfield is ALL WE NEED !!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
[L7] said:
Someone knows what the heII happened to Dalmat? What? Did he break his legs or something, damn!!!
Well you don't hear a lot about his injury! That's so strange and makes it feels like a mistery.......

Inter's medic staff usually say the recover time for the injuries when it's possible, so we know that Recoba and Ronaldo will be out for about 2-3 weeks.

But as for Dalmat, we don't know anything......:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know Emre is better in cm.He can also score in that position.
He is not so good in the wings .But in the future he can be ...
I dont know which opinion cuper has .Maybe Emre is learning to play in the wings .

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
dalmat got tigh-bone resentment when he played versus la viola last november. but i didnt know how long it takes time to recover. pretty sad uh. we absolutely need him, the creative player.

versus torino our midfield should be

conceciao---dalmat---cz---recoba :)

i dont care there're three attacking midfielders but we are in san siro!!!!;) and i love attacking style of play too:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts