Lupatelli

Aldair
Samuel
Zebina

Cafu
Zanetti
Emerson
Assuncao
Candela (Its true a 5 mans-defence suits him better)

Toti

Batistuta
Montella

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i am not a Roma supporter but this is my team:
Antonioli

Samuel
Mangone
Aldair/Zebina

Cafu
Emerson
Nakata
Candela

Totti
Montella
Batigol

Thats my team, i know Nakata doesn't normally play there but he is to good for the bench.

·
Registered
731 Posts
-----------Antoniolli------------
------aldair--zago--samuel-------
cafu---------------------candella
|--emerson---------nakata-------|
|------------totti--------------|
|-------------------------------|
V---------Bati----Montella------v

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Capello has said he with be reverting to the four at the back of his Milan days because it suits the players at his disposal. The rumour is that Cafu will be pushed into midfield. I think the team will be something like this:

Antonioli

Zebina Aldair Samuel Candela

Cafu Emerson Assuncao

Totti

Montella Batistuta

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The Roma line up is very impressive, especially the Totti-Batigol-Montella attack force. That will make the Derby very hard for us but I hope we(Lazio) come out as winners this time(I'm still getting over the 4-1 beating last season). The goal-keeper for Roma is their main weakness, how Antonioli made the Azzuri is still a mystery to me. Roma are a top club and need someone better than Antonioli.
I hope Roma make the CL instead of Juve for next season.

Forza Totti, molto piu bravo di Del Piero.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
If Panucci comes you guys would have a superbly balanced team with Samuel and Zbina and Aldair fighting for a starting position.

IMHO one more defender is crucial to your season.

Anyway what i await is only if itis only for one game seeing

Totti and Batigol playing as strikers and Nakata behind them that would be a system to see in action

·
Registered
247 Posts
No way that Totti will play as a forward. Roma will play Bati and Montella(Delvecchio) in that position. Since Totti is the best playmaker in serie a, this will be a leathal lineup.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You know what i don't think we need any more players,concerning Panucci,Capello wants him,and Sensi doesn't.I heard today that Inter are thinking about loaning the player to us which would be the ideal situation for us at the moment.I think that we really don't need anymore players,we have one of the best rosters in Serie a and we aren't even particapting in the Champion League where turnover is a must.I think everybody in the Roma society is satified with the current roster.
Capello said that Nakata will only be used behind the strikers,and that Rinaldi would substiute Cafu or Candela when absent.Also,said that Emerson is able to play anywhere along the midfield line.
Here's my lineup:
Antonoli
Cafu----Samuel---Aldair----Candela--
----Emerson---Assuncao----Zanetti----
------Totti-------------
--Delvecchio---Batistuta-------
The question remains is what Capello will do with Montella.
He's acted very immature to his whole situation,although i think that he would be better than Delvecchio,does he really deserve to be in the starting lineup with his selfishness??
He is defiently a key player,and i truly hope that he gets his act together.
Also,i heard that Bati won't play against Brazil,is that True???I hope so,in the sense that he doesn't hurt his knee anymore than it is,i want him healthy and ready to go!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bati is definately not playing against Brazil - like you I'm glad because we need him fresh for the start of the season.
The thing with Montella is difficult. There is no doubt that he is very talented and that a partnership between him and Bati would be outstanding prospect. However he showed signs of being petulent last season when Capello subbed him a lot last season. I think he should be given a second chance but he does need to change his attitude - he must be willing to make sacrifices for the team including sitting on the bench even when he thinks he is in top form.

What happened about the argument between Montella and Bati over their sqad numbers - they both wanted no.9. Totti tried to defuse the situation by offering his no.10 shirt. Who will wear the no.9 next season?

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Do you actually think you are giving me news by saying that Totti is the best Italian playmaker? HAAA!!!!!!!! I KNOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!

What i said is tthat i look forward to seeing him and Batigol playing along side each other with Nakata behind them even if itt is only for one game.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
About the number 9,

I read a report (at http://www.gabrielbatistuta.net) that both
players had said that they'd be happy what ever the
directors decide, and they had decided to give Bati
the no.9 and that Montella would wear no.11.
In this case I think Montella should wear no.19 'cause I think it would suite him better and no.11 is Di Francesco's
number anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or he could wear 1+8 like Ivan Zamarrano(wrong spelling!!) at Inter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts