Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys but I must say United are in a Crisis and the team are in decline.All the signs are there and they've been showing for a while,The taklent at the club is lacking in my book.There are quite a few players who are past it and things need to change.
New faces need to arrive and to keep up with Arsenal and Chelsea who IMO are really making inroads on United, or already have in securing talent with preferences in which club they'd like to join in Britain.
You could say this is Pre-mature or what ever but I strongly feel there are alot of cracks.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
There is a difference b/n crisis and be in decline. Huge.

ManU are out of teh last 16 in Europe, 3rd in PL and semifianl in the LCup. If they pull one of the last two, they woudl have won sth big yet another year. if they do not - its hard to argue that one tropheyless year is automatically a decline. They have a solid team, several great players (liek RVN and Scholes, for ex.) and several amzing young tallents. If Sir Alex manages to hold all this together after Porto and pull it back - next year ManUtd will be again one of teh best 3 teams in England and a godo choice for final 8 in teh CL. Thats not a decline ... even by their high standards.

Its a crsis thou now question. Today's papers quote Neville saying "It will take us 4 yrs to recover" but thats juct emotions after a painful loss. They will be back. Very soon. Sooner than expected.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
No need to dramatize. Sure, United have *declined* - but your stocks are ok, you're still in contention for the league title, you haven't been sucking that bad all season, you don't have half your team injured like we do, and it isn't a super-slump at all. It's just a lull of ways.

Just sack Fergie.

We're on the same boat, really, it's just that we need more of a revolucion.

D

·
0 Posts
they only got back in it because Arsenal fell apart with injuries and Campbell's suspension. The title race is over, Arsenal are champions.

And some1 should make Fergie watch videos of all United matches from this season, and the previous two, then he'll know why people write United off

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
they only got back in it because Arsenal fell apart with injuries and Campbell's suspension. The title race is over, Arsenal are champions.

And some1 should make Fergie watch videos of all United matches from this season, and the previous two, then he'll know why people write United off
1. Might happen again.

2. Good point. I am trying to prove that to a ManU friend the last days - all in vain. He is saying all the time "The ref got it away from us against Porto; at least we play great and beautiful football" All I am saying is - BS. You played like solid Italian team on TUE but were unlucky in the 89min. But you surely did not play the beautiful football you all like so much ( he also claims Italians play ugly football, which, if he is honest, shoudl mean We palyed ugly on TUE). he cant get it.

D

·
0 Posts
bono said:
1. Might happen again.

2. Good point. I am trying to prove that to a ManU friend the last days - all in vain. He is saying all the time "The ref got it away from us against Porto; at least we play great and beautiful football" All I am saying is - BS. You played like solid Italian team on TUE but were unlucky in the 89min. But you surely did not play the beautiful football you all like so much ( he also claims Italians play ugly football, which, if he is honest, shoudl mean We palyed ugly on TUE). he cant get it.
1. Not a chance, the gap is too big, Arsenal are unstoppable. if they win their next 4 domestic games(or even draw two league matches, and beat United in the league and cup), they'll have the double in the bag by April 4th.

2. Completely agree. Fergie set his team out to defend a deficit. A very Juve thing to do. Fergie is lost at the moment, and if it hadn't been for Arsenal's huge slip up last season would be staring at a third consecutive season of no silverware. Arsenal have unquestionably been the best team in England for 3 seasons now, and United are falling further and further behind them, to the point were Chelski are on the verge of overtaking them in terms of being Arsenal's main rivals.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think you are all blowing the whole thing out of proportion. With an injury-free squad we would have been a lot stronger at this stage of the season.

With some shrewd purchases this summer and a further yr in the development of our young talent I think we will be a stronger outfit next season.

Have some faith - we will come good again !

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Doc_Rule said:

Well theroretically,we were top of the League as well before Rio got suspended and our entire back four was decimated with injuries.So using your theory,Arsenal will only win the League because United fell apart.;)

Bono,your posts as usual are worth reading.I have hearing for the past 5 years that we are in a decline but every time we seem to bounce back even stronger.The club is facing a mini crisis because of suspension and injuries to crucial players and we are in a mini transition with lots of young players replacing the yesteryear lot.;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
crisis is the wrong word to use. crisis is what lazio went through. no money, having to sell stars etc..

decline?? even that is a lil harsh.

i think united are ready for a new era. that means different management, yep, fergie needs to be replaced. their are young players at the club already, so maybe one or two established stars would be good for the club.

seriously, they cant win it every year though. thats the way i see it.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Its just a bad season just like the season before last season when you came in 3rd.

I tell ya what's decline

WE ARE IN DECLINE, we habben won a league title for ages and we are like 3000 points behind you ppls now. That's decline.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Shaf said:
Well theroretically,we were top of the League as well before Rio got suspended and our entire back four was decimated with injuries.So using your theory,Arsenal will only win the League because United fell apart.;)

Bono,your posts as usual are worth reading.I have hearing for the past 5 years that we are in a decline but every time we seem to bounce back even stronger.The club is facing a mini crisis because of suspension and injuries to crucial players and we are in a mini transition with lots of young players replacing the yesteryear lot.;)
i dont really think so. the teams we beat were quality. beating chelsea in FA cup and in the EPL shows something.

we played you at OT with rio on your side right? you didnt win, niether did we. however consider your chances with rio and playing us at highbury, it would be the same.

with your full team strength, basically your backline back, do you think manu can achieve the feat of arsenal? in your ENTIRE history of your club, you did not go unbeaten as long as we have. YOUR ENTIRE CLUB HISTORY.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
with your full team strength, basically your backline back, do you think manu can achieve the feat of arsenal? in your ENTIRE history of your club, you did not go unbeaten as long as we have. YOUR ENTIRE CLUB HISTORY
Over the past few years some silly unbeaten statstics seem more important than winning the PL to some Arsenal fans :pp.

Decline? We've heard this crap for years when we've had a few problems with suspensions and injuries and it gives half of XT the excuse to come down here and tell us how much of a $hit team we are because they don't get the chance to very often, of course losing Beckham and Veron hasn't helped us at all and we never fully replaced them. Hopefully in the Summer we will pull a few good players because I remember the last time we finished 3rd we won the PL a year later.

This season is a big failure in my eyes but we can't jump to rash decisions and start saying sack the manager, sack the players and sack the board :rolleyes:.

Someone wake me up next season :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
I could send him a tape of the Seria A season "highlights", that'd put him to sleep fairly quickly!

·
Registered
497 Posts
We are in crisis, but i dont think that it will last for years..This will be bad seson ( maybe we can win FA Cup ), but i believe that in summer, we will rebuild squad, buy some good players, get rid of some crap ones, and be champions again :D :)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Telcontar said:
We are in crisis, but i dont think that it will last for years..This will be bad seson ( maybe we can win FA Cup ), but i believe that in summer, we will rebuild squad, buy some good players, get rid of some crap ones, and be champions again :D :)
how well you do next season depends on who you are buying, so just wait till the summer

1 - 20 of 69 Posts