Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here now and the temperature in Brisbane is at 40C which beats the old February record by over 5 degrees. The temperature has not been under 30 degrees celcius for something like 10 days. I am going nuts. Just thought id share.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
E moj Borba, Blame the Americans for depleting the Ozone layer. here in Sydney and I mean Sydney, on the coast not some inner west metropolis is so humid it reminds me of Singapore. The west however is unbearable. I have friends there and I only go over if they have airconditioning.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
This last summer in Europe was the hottest years. When I was down in Dalmacia visiting my grand parents, it didn't rain for the month i was down there or 2 weeks previous to that. It was getting up to 50degrees celsius, there were loads of fires and shit, on the news there the croats were blaming serbs that were going down to croatia for the fires. I'd it be hot than freezing like I am now.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know you're in Brisbane when.....

1. The best parking space is determined by shade, not distance.

2. Hot water comes out of both taps.

3 . You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

4. The temperature drops below 35c and you feel a little chilly.

5. You discover that in February it only takes two fingers to steer your car.

6. You discover that you can get badly sunburned through your car window - even on a very short trip.

7. You develop a fear of metal car door handles.

8. You break into a sweat the instant you step outside your house in the morning.

9. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

10. You realise that asphalt has a liquid state.

11. Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard-boiled eggs.

12. The cows are giving evaporated milk.

13. The trees are whistling for the dogs.

14. While walking back barefoot to your car from the beach, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park.

15. You catch a cold from having the aircon full blast while you sleep during the night.

16. You pray that your train/bus will have air-conditioning, and if it doesn't, waiting an extra 15 minutes for one is worth it.

17. You'd rather be at work in the airconditioning than anywhere else in the world.

18. If you have no airconditioning at work, you take an unpaid day off to stay home in the airconditioning.

19. The thought that you have no airconditioning at work or at home reduces you to tears.

20. You're tears evaporate before they hit your cheeks.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Borba, :howler:

And while you guys are on fire, there's a pack of snow here in Rotterdam.

Still I pity the Canucks most. :pp

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
I think Komik has it the worst :tongue:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts