Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third time lucky for Fresi Thursday 23 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Juventus signing Salvatore Fresi has revealed that his new club had tried to sign him on two occasions in the past.

The Italian sealed a move to the Delle Alpi outfit earlier this month after his contract with Inter expired.

"They first contacted me in 1995 while I was at Salernitana. But in the end I decided to join Inter," he said.

"Three years later I was ready to sign for them after my agent had successfully completed talks but Inter didn’t let me go.

"This is the third time that Juventus have tried to sign me and I’m delighted that it has finally happened."

Fresi has had an outstanding season on loan at Bologna this term, where he scored eight goals, and returned to some of the high levels that many saw while in Salerno.

The now 29-year-old became one of the country’s hottest properties while with the Serie B outfit and some even labelled him as the ‘new Franco Baresi.’

But his transition to the big stage didn’t bring the desired results.

However, he sufficiently impressed Juve boss Marcello Lippi during their time at Inter together to finally earn a move to Turin.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts