Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its the third one, but its no telling whether it will be the last one or not, as each patch seems to come with new problems these days.

Update

With the timerfix

PC: http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/championshipmanager4/patches/win32/cm0304 Patch 4.1.4.exe

Mac: http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/championshipmanager4/patches/mac/cm_414_updater.sit

Mirrors

PC: http://cmro.gameszone.ro/cm0304/cm0304Patch4.1.4v2.exe

http://www.osbbl.com/cm0304Patch4.1.4.exe

The timerfix only

http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/championshipmanager4/patches/win32/timer_fix/cm0304.zip

http://www.osbbl.com/cm0304.zip

SI promises that the following will be fixed/improved:

Patch 3 - 4.1.4
Match
- Fixed network game bug where client scorelines differed to server due to clash of post and pre 4.1.3 tactics
- Fixed 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1-dk
- Full match mode now skips "dead time" again
- Fixed problem where user couldnt make a sub immediately after certain incidents
- Fixed obscure crash that occured when human's goalkeeper red carded
- Improved storage lifetime of match stats for background leagues and ED1/ISB level matches in foreground

Match AI v224
- Cut down on hurried and pointless hopeful passes from decent players
- Improved shooting AI...more range of different shots
- Improved computer team AI when utilising free role wide players eg Pires
- Made fiery and temperamental players more likely to dissent or lose temper
- Tweaked player clean through detection AI
- Slight tweaks to goalkeeper saves
- Improvement in short and medium range pass accuracy
- Less short goal kicks from keepers unless asked to in tactics
- Slightly better player turning on ball AI when near own goal
- Less backpasses drifting out for corners
- Fixed certain incidents of central defenders going for unwise attempts to intercept the ball on the wing
- Made condition have a small effect on injury proneness in match
- Toned down long throws

Game
- Pre-game injuries now are set up again.
- Swiss players no longer need work permits to play in the UK.
- Fixed russian players getting transferred far too cheaply.

Screens
- Fixed display of custom stadium pictures on match day
- Load list options on player search screen now hidden instead of being disabled for certain sections.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Just for everyone's information, there was a timer bug in the earlier 4.1.4 release, it has been fixed and now you can redownload a new version of the patch.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there was a timer bug in the first version, therefore I have now updated the URL so it includes the timerfix. :)

Gianluca said:
Now there's still a major bug in the patch! :mad:
History us usually messed up after a while :groan: :yuck:
Do you mean match history? Thats strange, because I have not experienced it. There are still some minor errors/bugs left in the game though. People are especially complaining on oppositions keepers always getting ratings of 8+ and saving almost everything.

But I wouldn't call this a bug, its more about the tactic you use, but I have experienced it before, and it is annoying.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Dracula said:
Yes there was a timer bug in the first version, therefore I have now updated the URL so it includes the timerfix. :)

Do you mean match history? Thats strange, because I have not experienced it. There are still some minor errors/bugs left in the game though. People are especially complaining on oppositions keepers always getting ratings of 8+ and saving almost everything.

But I wouldn't call this a bug, its more about the tactic you use, but I have experienced it before, and it is annoying.
No I meant the players history...Let's hope I doesn't hit anyone here because if it does you can start a new game! :(

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
what exactly is this timer fix thing?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gianluca said:
No I meant the players history...Let's hope I doesn't hit anyone here because if it does you can start a new game! :(
Well I have not experienced that neither, and hopefully I won't because I agree when you say that its then best to start a new game, because it would be really annoying to see players histories messed up.

Stinkfist, the first patch had a timer bug, which displayed only one digit on full hour. It displayed 14:0 instead of 14:00. This is offcourse not a major bug, and really doesnt make any difference.

But SI had to make a new patch with the fix, therefore timerfix. If you have this bug, you can also download the seperate timerfix file (CM03/04.exe), if you have already installed 4.1.4.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I've been reading on the SI forums and it seems that most people are happy with this patch as it addresses the most important issue which is the engine, pretty well. Many have commented that the matches and results are more realistic. Of course there are also those few party poopers who always find tiny bits and blow them up to huge proportions. Overall the patch seems is very good. I believe it is also the last patch for this particular CM.

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
Dracula said:
Well I have not experienced that neither, and hopefully I won't because I agree when you say that its then best to start a new game, because it would be really annoying to see players histories messed up.

Stinkfist, the first patch had a timer bug, which displayed only one digit on full hour. It displayed 14:0 instead of 14:00. This is offcourse not a major bug, and really doesnt make any difference.

But SI had to make a new patch with the fix, therefore timerfix. If you have this bug, you can also download the seperate timerfix file (CM03/04.exe), if you have already installed 4.1.4.
Ok thanks.

And another question, which I'm sure has been asked when the earlier versions of that patch were released:

Is it save-game compatible? Or do I have to start a new game like we used to do with CM 01/02 and earlier versions?

Anyways I just got 4.1.4 on CD (I had to ask a friend with cable internet and a CD writer to do me a favor) and just installed it now.

I'm kickin ass w/ Tottenham hotspurz! :tongue:

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
even though it is save compatabile, all that means is that yes you can use it on your save game, but its not perfect.

When you add these patches, the history gets messed up.

If you want everything to be perfect, you have to really start again.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thats sounds bad, but I have still not experienced it though. I had a game already running, that was created in version 4.1.3. I updated to the 4.1.4, but didn't create a new game, and I have not experienced any bugs.

The only problem I have noticed (and that was there before I updated to 4.1.4), is that if I check who has scored most league goals for Sampdoria (of the current players) then it will show Yanagisawa (82 goals). But he scored only two goals for the club, before he moved on to Antlers.

It isn't that big of a problem though, as Flachi (80 goals) will soon take over that record anyway. ;)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
i started my game in 4.1.2 version. i didnt notice the history issue. it doesnt bothering me too much though. :tongue:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Today my player histories and fixtures fuked up. In fixtures you couldnt watch or see match reports of previous matches....you could only see the scores but not the scorers

For the histories, all the clubs histories were gone...you could only see the history for the current season. For the players you could only see them for the current season too, and any transfers that were made during the year were valued to 0.

Thank god that i had saved the game in another file, which meant that I used the other file adn the prob was gone. So I advise anyone to everytime save a game in 2 different files, as the game after a season or two could **** up and as some of you said, without fixtures and histories the game is basically useless.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Today my player histories and fixtures fuked up. In fixtures you couldnt watch or see match reports of previous matches....you could only see the scores but not the scorers

For the histories, all the clubs histories were gone...you could only see the history for the current season. For the players you could only see them for the current season too, and any transfers that were made during the year were valued to 0.

Thank god that i had saved the game in another file, which meant that I used the other file adn the prob was gone. So I advise anyone to everytime save a game in 2 different files, as the game after a season or two could **** up and as some of you said, without fixtures and histories the game is basically useless.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Yorkshire Mackem said:
Does this include all 3 patches or just the 3rd patch?
All 3. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts