Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Materazzi and Barzagli - Moretti an option.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Materazzi is pretty damn good. If you don't like his guts, then so be it. Live with it. A lot of people don't like Totti's guts or Rino's guts.

·
Banned
734 Posts
Al Capone said:
Materazzi is pretty damn good. If you don't like his guts, then so be it. Live with it. A lot of people don't like Totti's guts or Rino's guts.
i would actually have to agree with him, he has been playing actually good lately :eekani:

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
He's an enforcer and serves his purpose. Every hockey team has one. It is simply impossible to believe, though, that Italy doesn't have a better backup to Nesta and Cannavaro. Anybody know if Ferrari has been playing much in England?

·
Registered
996 Posts
NickyTheHeel said:
He's an enforcer and serves his purpose. Every hockey team has one. It is simply impossible to believe, though, that Italy doesn't have a better backup to Nesta and Cannavaro. Anybody know if Ferrari has been playing much in England?
From the times I've checked it doesn't look like Ferrari has been getting too many matches at Everton. I used to have high hopes for him.

-Scott

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ferrari has been injured, but when he has played hes been good.

Coda, dont be silly... he can just about make the U21 squad.

Materazzi was excellent v Ajax. If Materazzi has a big guy who he needs to mark he is excellent, its only if he plays against quick players he can struggle, but in my mind, Materazzi is a decent back-up to have, as is Barzagli.

I mean at least we are not Germany and we are playing Huth and Metersacker or whatever his name is.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
CB's :
NESTA - CANAVARO
Materazi - Barzagli

there are always good choises for Italia's defence :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I like Barzagli as much as Materazzi... I guess Materazzi is ahead because he has the experience of playing in 2 major tournaments and about 3/4 CL's now which gives him the opportunities.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Currently Ferrari is fighting for a place with Briotti for a Roma recall, unfortunately for him, Briotti isn't coming back either. That about sums up his chances for a World Cup call up.

P.S. I don't mean to insult Briotti. ;)

Seriously thought, Ferrari at his best was elegant in the air, intervening to keep the ball away from his mark, but unfortunately his best only lasted for about a couple of minutes, before he started positioning himself wrong, or made simple heading mistakes. He just doesn't have the confidence for the game at Roma, or enough experience, and physical qualities to be the next great Italian defender. For instance he's a little on the slow side, and his tackles aren't the percise works of art, or the percise butcher blows, that they needed to be... saying that though, if he were to link up with Carlo Mazzone, I think he would become a solid useful centre back again, but not some for Italy.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Moretti offers versitility in defence so i think he would be a good option.

Barzagli and Materazzi are definites, who else is there really?

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Ferrari had so much potential he was skilled and very humble in terms of simply sticking to his task and not over doing it as Materazzi does at times and then puts his teams in trouble

ButMaterazzi sux against small quick players he's hopeless against those kind of players

A Player like Toni is ideal for Materazzi to stop

I dunno man...Barzagli for me should be before him but ya know...Coda? Maybe for Euros

But it is a serious concern. the concept of Nesta getting injured and Nedved and Rosicky playing against Materazzi is a frightening thought

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Now that Falcone is back and healthy I just can't understand the reason why he has never been given a chance. Now infact he would be a precious alternative to Nesta and Canna. He is infact just worse than them, but surely better than all the other ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts