Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets say that arsenal do slip up at bolton, which is wat everyones hopng for, do u think manu have what it takes (with their injury problems mounting) to take all 3 points at OT...its going to be a clash of the midfielders, and i have a feeling beckham is going to be sorely missed.....and with henry making runs down his left side, G. neville has never been so missed?...wat do u think...
im not being pessimistic, but just weighing out the possibilities:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Hmm,difficult to tell.Depends on the situation.If Arsenal slip-up against Bolton andUnited could move to the top with the win then I'd be optimistic of a win specially since Keano is now back in the squad.

Sure Becks will be sorely missed but we do have adequate replacemnt for him and Ole's been doing a fine job deputising for the England captain down that right flank.Henry's pace will be a problem and with Phil Neville as right-back it doesnt exactly give you confidence,does it;)

However lets not get to ahead of ourslves and concentrate on the massive game against Leverkusen this Tuesday which decides whether we travel to Hampden or not.:)

·
International
9,526 Posts
It won't be easy, People underrate Gaz's importance to both United and England. He's an old hand, steady and unflappable. Nothing spectacular, but dependable. And he knits the defence together. I think though, with Keano back, that will be a massive boost. Ole will need to play far better than he did against Bayer, and Butty and Scholes need to get their acts together as well. I think that it can be done, but it will be a hell of a game, and might have repercusions in Europe if we progress beyond the semis. Arsenal have nothing else to play for, and will be flying in for everything. The ways our guys are at the moment, could they stand such a potentially fearsome match and still do it in Europe? Hopefully so.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
count your blessings ;)
Phil might have had Ash,Super Bob and Titi all aiming for him :eek:
That would have been hilarious :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I very much doubt Arsenal will slip up at Bolton and if we don't all we need at Old Trafford is a draw and will be crowned Champions in the Theatre of Dreams!
That would be awesome!!:D :cool:
With Phil Neville playing right back, Arsenal will exploit this and Henry and Freddie will destroy him.
I predict a 1-1 draw at the very least!:tongue:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
as I said of Depor....your overconfidence will be your undoing...hopefully;)
I don't think any of us Gooners on Xtratime play for the Arsenal.............yet ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Too early to think about this one, lets get Leverkusen out of the way first. Its all down to Arsenal anyhow, they can only lose the league.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
as I said of Depor....your overconfidence will be your undoing...hopefully;)
Honestly - when the Man U fans line up and predict victory, they're perfectly justified to do so. But when anyone else does, it's "overconfidence!"

I really had a good laugh at what you were all saying pre-Leverkusen, which ran along the lines of "How arrogant and stupid they are to think they will win. Obviously we are going to thrash them."

What made it even funnier was that you couldn't even see the double standard. :)

However, despite all that I do agree about Deportivo - they thought they would win easily and got their comeuppance.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
i'd be very suprised for arsenal to slip up at bolton but you never know. i think we should worry about tuesday and cross any other bridge when it comes. we've got the advantage of having saturday off and arsenal might be thinking about resting a couple of decent players for that.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
It seems like at this stage that we will win nothing this year. Leverkusen dumped us out of CL and it doesnt look like we are gonna win the EPL. But I hope that we atleast beat Arsenal in OT this weekend.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
unfortunately it seems as though united could end the season with nothing this year, but thats not a bad thing, that is a good thing (not really, just wanted to use a quote from Diamond Dallas Page :D)

At least the hunger should be back next season which we missed earlier this year and may have cost us a chance of winning another title.

The best thing we can do is win at OT against the Gunners, and then hope to hell they F up!!

in a soccer game ive got u can offer bribes, well why dont we offer arsenal a bribe...

I dont mind winning dirty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts