Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread was inspired by a post by Hajduk Split so all credit to him.

My choices:

-Our cockiness

-The fact when we are underdogs we have unreal performances but when we're favourites we sh*t the bed.

-How only Dinamo players and some Hajduk players get called up but players who play for other HNL clubs dont get called up or have to wait to sign with the big 2 to play for the NT.

-The fact that we are so gifted physically and if we had the German mentality we would destroy any opposition.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Its fainthearted fans mostly!

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
our very weak mentality.....very weak.

our cockiness when not called for

our Kapetan & his brother

Srna at RM

Our strikers being not that good

Blast and other "forever optimistic" attitude:pp

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Some racist idiots among the fans.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i don`t like them when they don`t respect the opponent till the last minute of the game. e.g, what happened vs Turkey in euro. :yawn:

·
Registered
69,607 Posts
I can go on forever

Too many seljaci and cigani in the group, but I guess Bilic can't control that. As I said, it seems only four guys on the team aren't Balkan (Kranjcar, Pletikosa, Klasnic and Simic, but he is gone now).

Too cocky for a team which outside of a semi-successful (I say this because they had an excellent chance to make the semi's and even finals) Euro and a team which has done nothing before that since 1998. Their qualifying record is great but that doesn't matter at the end of the day

They complain when the English and Germans don't respect them, but look at their quotes against Austria, now Ukraine and Andorra. OK Andorra you should beat but at least be humble (as the great Iron Sheik would say ;) )

Too much talking, read my previous post...Simunic is better than every Austria, Vukojevic apparently knows the results of England's next matches, HRT commentators can wrongly predict injury problems

As soon as they get some good attention, as VAN CRO stated they shit the bed, their mentality is such shit, and when they lose they find some incredible excuse. It's never the fact they lose, it's always "the ref was against us" "no luck today" "the ball just wouldn't go in today"

**** a national team when IVICA OLIC is a key player

And the funny thing is, all this happened right after the Wembley game. I never had this many problems. I mean they were over-confident before, but never to this extent!

Also, I question many fans (not the ones here on XT) but the bandwagoners

The trend is worrying, it seems like most players think they have a right to be in the tournaments, some of them lack focus. Corluka is busy being a model and keeping track of his ho-bag girlfriend. Some players don't know when to quit, Srna/Olic are always question marks off the field, Simunic/Vukojevic can't shut their mouths

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
HS do you have a team you call "we" or "our NT" ?

·
International
8,545 Posts
In general we have an amateur attitude. If it's good enough to qualify it's good enough for the tournament. We don't make much effort for continuous improvement. We also have an element that outright refuses to recognize obvious weaknesses or mistakes. We rarely learn from those mistakes and just go on and repeat them.

If we had an Italian coach we'd have won EURO and would be first in our group. That isn't to say I mean Capello specifically, I mean the Italian tactical sense.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
People who read index.hr and then think they know EVERYTHING there is to know about Croatian football.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
There is nothing I don't like about our NT.

Look how much joy and pride this NT has brought us in our history. And everyone knows us (players and fans alike) for our fierce pride and passion.

Some of us might be spoiled by our results and take our success for granted..like some of the huge wins against the Italians, Germans, English, Dutch, etc...but for a country our size and coming out of a war, our results in this short time have been nothing sort of great. :proud:

·
Registered
69,607 Posts
actually yesterday on WFAN there was a Phillies fan who said they have potential for a dynasty, and of course they hung up on him :D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
1 - 20 of 249 Posts