Xtratime Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have thought of a list which i think would benefit italy prior to kick off against equador.

1. Shave every players head on zero. That way they dont have to worry stupid head bands and looks. they think its a fashion statement out there.

2. drop the following:
di livio
del vecchio
guttusso

3. bring in:
ambrosini
fiore
di vaio/baggio

4. change coach.....Traps is on the take for sure

5. Change formation to a 4-4-2, its obvious that our players are better suited to that style. Plus, it means that we only need one defending midfielder which would be Ambrosini, and not the average zanetti, di biagio and out of form tomassi.

6. Make Pippo, only Vieri's back up so they cant play together.

7. and last but not least, play this team:

------------------------buffon-------

------panucci-----nesta-------cannavaro------maldini

------------------------Ambrosini-------------------
zambrotta------------------------------------Doni---------

-----------------------Totti---------------------------

------------Vieri-------------------DP/Montella

Thats my list, what do you think??
1 to 4 everyone would have to agree on them.

5, well it is better defensively and it looks a lot more attacking and balanced in that midfield.

6, most people would agree to have him on bench.

7, the team looks good without average players like the ones we saw in the friendly.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
argh that's it... I'm off to the Argentine forum, at least there they think they can win the World Cup (half of them think that they've already won it;)):tongue:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I completely agree, Trap missed boat a few times and it may cost Italy the title.

Afterwards, I hope that the FIGC organize a commitee to pick the squad instead of biased coach's. That may solve Italy's three main problems: Gattuso, Del Vecchio, and Di livio.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
How about giving the the ref a rolex?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
guys, are you seriously getting worried? i didnt that they were in bad shape despite the loss to the Czechs.

What formation is Trappatoni using with this team?

i know everyone has had their say, but baggio should be in the squad. i would have him infront of Totti. I always feared Italy when he is playing.....without him they are beatable.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Hoseman said:
How about giving the the ref a rolex?
Nice try ;)

Why everybody seem against Trap??
He's trying to do his best to prepare this team.

Are you trying to compare Trap with Zoff or Sacchi?
Why? those two didn't make Itali a champion? and who knows Trap probably can???;)

Ps: I'm not Trap's Knight Shinning Armor...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
ok I defended the guy but no more... he's going to start Inzaghi!!!

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Im not for or against Italia (unless they play Spain or England) and it was just a silly comment with no real meaning behind it. Im surprised that many of the Italian NT fans arent that confident about their chances and are playing it down. Surely most of you have high expectations but I always find that having lower expectations means its a bonus when you do well or win a tournament. Im not so sure about if it really helps when losing though. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts