Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inzaghi and Del Piero are the players that I love the most!
Some of you don't give Inzaghi the cradits he deserve. All you talk is about that he can't score. Well, it's not totaly true. He is always making the best he can for his team, whether it's Juventus or Italy, and he is always willing to score. He is very fast and he doesn't stop to run and that is why he get to be couat in offside a lot.
He makes the other team defence very confuse. He make the other team defenders run after him which give a chance to his team mattes to score.
The only problem with him is that he is very "small", and that's why he fell against Turky.
So, maybe he is not the best goal scorer in the world, but he is deffenetly very effective player and very valuable to Juventus and Italy, and I hope he will stay with Juve for ever!

About Del Piero. what else can I say about him? The things that Totti didn't do in 70 minths, Del Piero did in the few minuths he had. Dino Zoff MUST let Del Piero to be in the first 11 because he is able to make better things then Totti. The combination between him (Alex) and Inzaghi, can make great things for the attack and for the team, and for Inzaghi perfformens!

Come to visit my Juventus site: http://members.xoom.com/gojuve

G

·
0 Posts
i agree with u that Del Piero is way better than totti .. DP came from ANOTHER PLANTE ;)(Totti is not a Forward player his is a midfilder and u can c that very clear in roma and the 2 games in EURO2000)(i think itely is playing 3-5-1!!and the ***** Zoff :( should let DP play.
they say that ur enemys r the best ones to know what u r capable of .. and when the press asked the Belgum coach what u fear most about itely he said DEL PIERO!!!!
i disagree with u that Inzaghi has no skills . i never seen him passing ONE defender !! and because the connection between him and DP is lost ... he is no use for Itely !!
i think montela is the best man for us know he have skills better than inzaghi & delviccio

Glen : if u can read this, how can u consider Maldini as midfielder ( the guy cann't do the job of the midfielder he is more likely like an early defender in the mid(no skills)
it seems like Zamborota was in the defence and that nearly cost us a goal but cannavaro saved the day like he does always!

if u contiued playing this way Portogal or Germany will get us out of the qf :( :( :(

S

·
0 Posts
Man, I DON'T think that Del Piero has lost connection with Inzaghi:(. They still did great things at Juve near the end of the season, like the match against Piacenza.

I think Italy's attackers should be Del Piero and Inzaghi, with Totti right behind them. The first substitute should be Montella.

Iuliano did a fine job!!!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Gazi, Maldini should play on the left. That means that he attacks, defends and plays on that left midfield side as well. He is one of the best defenders ever, he attacks with pure class and that's why he should play in that position. Zambrotta did well considering he was put on the spot to defend and not attack at all. He is doing well, as he gets experience, he will be like Donadoni.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
About the Italy Forward Line

I think Zoff could start Del Piero INSTEAD of Inzaghi from the start, or at least try this out against Sweden. Del Piero, Totti, and Fiore starting could be a a combination of the three playmakers, true but who said Del Piero isn't a good finisher? I think Fiore behind Totti and Del Piero would be good, and Inzaghi in for Totti at halftime.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hEY FLARG.i MUST AGREE..With playmakers that is how to win//DP /fiore/totti is a great trio..Most definetly against sweden we should try this for the first half..add DiBiagio to midfield..as well...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Gazi; I'll stand by my opinion that Maldini at present is the best option on the left with Iuliano taking his position in the 3 man defence.
Maldini has more pace and better crosses than Pessotto and since Pessotto is the only other choice on the left (I don't consider Di Livio a choice and don't understand why he was even picked in the first place) I think that's the best solution.
As with Juve, Italy's main problem is lack of aggression on the left (plus obviously the fact that Albertini is even in contention for a starters spot :(), and there aren't anyone else with the necessary experience. Milan's Coco may be a choice for the future (propably) and if Brocchi can continue his development they will propably take it until Cassano is ready.
I pick Maldini solely because of the lack of alternatives as you're right that he isn't a natural left midfielder. Still- I think he's better than the other candidates.

Ciao.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well, Zambrotta can play on the left and let Di Livio play on the right. But that way neither Pessotto nor Luliano can play. but i think Maldini, Cannavaro and Nesta are a great trio. Whatever u do with Italy's defence, just don't leave out Cannavaro and Nesta. They are the best pair in the world, pure class superb defenders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts