Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
International
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"If we don't win and we go out of the competition, like it or not, it's going to be my fault. That's the way it is".


--------------------------------


:D the arrogant [email protected]l, nice to see that defeatism is alive and well. Break out the champaigne then shall we :lala:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
"If we don't win and we go out of the competition, like it or not, it's going to be my fault. That's the way it is".


--------------------------------


:D the arrogant [email protected]l, nice to see that defeatism is alive and well. Break out the champaigne then shall we :lala:
Who else will get blamed if we don't beat Rosenborg convincingly? He's the one who gets labelled a choker whenever we don't win 5-0 or doesn't score a hattrick in every game. He's merely just stating the truth, and you can't deny that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
343 Posts
It can also be seen as himself saying that he IS Arsenal. If I was Pires I would feel kinda pissed personally. Good to see players wanting to do everything for their club, yet, watch out what you say too.

Some people could also take this to take the piss on you since, honestly, no one cares to see him being the "nice guy", when we know he can quite arrogant at times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Yes, but will Pires be called a choker if we don't beat Rosenborg? No, he won't. When Arsenal doesn't win Henry is the first to get the blame. It's been proven time and time again that if we don't win, it's his fault.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
343 Posts
Because like you said, he is thought of as the ONLY one in Arsenal when in reality he is not the only one. And I agree with that, yet, no need to act all hero-like. It seems that he wants to act like the good guy (but since we know his history of behaviours) he can't really fool us. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,232 Posts
if i judge by the number of threads opened about his insignifiant person. maybe he is in right to think this way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
This was in response to comments made by Alan Hansen about his performance against Liverpool. If you care to read the rest of the interview you will see he was far from being arrogant.

Anyway, I will let you Henry bashers continue, its what you live for afterall!! :rollani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,232 Posts
by the way i like the way english speakers prononce his name:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
IF you have to even think twice about beating Rosenberg at home then its a disgrace....especially for a club of Arsenal's "stature"!

What these European nights humbly point out is that the club still lacks the X factor when it comes to the holy grail and though the Gunners were hoping that henry would be that....far too often the Frenchman has found to be wanting and not just a player capable of reaching that extra level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Shaf said:
IF you have to even think twice about beating Rosenberg at home then its a disgrace....especially for a club of Arsenal's "stature"!

What these European nights humbly point out is that the club still lacks the X factor when it comes to the holy grail and though the Gunners were hoping that henry would be that....far too often the Frenchman has found to be wanting and not just a player capable of reaching that extra level.
yeah, like cantona :smileani: Does that mean Yorke and Cole were greater?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Shaf said:
IF you have to even think twice about beating Rosenberg at home then its a disgrace....especially for a club of Arsenal's "stature"!
We know, we know ...

What these European nights humbly point out is that the club still lacks the X factor when it comes to the holy grail and though the Gunners were hoping that henry would be that....far too often the Frenchman has found to be wanting and not just a player capable of reaching that extra level.
It's purely mental. Nothing to do with ability or skill level or tactics as we've shown it over the years we can beat anyone, but we are scared of playing properly and attempt to play like Juventus, hence us constantly ****ing up.

We'd have beaten Chelsea if we didn't try to hold onto a 1-0 lead :rollani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
Arsenal have never tried to play like Juventus. Even if you tried you couldn't come close and certainly not with those tactics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Firenze said:
Arsenal have never tried to play like Juventus. Even if you tried you couldn't come close and certainly not with those tactics.
Umm ... yes, we have. Go 1-0 up and try to defend a lead, we've been trying that all campaign and it doesn't work for us. That's why I said that. We haven't been remotely playing anything like we normally do, it's timid and cautious only without Juve's ability to defend leads.

Simple, really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,578 Posts
i jumped on the 'henry is a choker' bandwagon quite some time ago, but i dont genuinely believe it anymore... fact is, with arsenal, most of the big games he DOES deliver the goods...almost ALL his matches against the prmiership big teams like manchester united, chelsea, previously liverpool, and so on he tends to at least score/assist, if not do anything spectacular, both EPL and FA cup... as for the champions league, arsenal as a whole have always been a bit suspect in europe, and its unfair to blame him and label him a choker when its the other 10 members of the team that need to shoulder some of the blame too.. i dont recall anyone calling him a choker when he raped inter 5-1, a very important match for arsenal...

as for his international displays, theres been a lot of acrimony over the selection of both henry and zidane at the same time and how zidanes midfield role hinders henrys attacking blah blah blah... but he plays pretty damn good for france bar WC 2002..
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
*OZ* said:
i jumped on the 'henry is a choker' bandwagon quite some time ago, but i dont genuinely believe it anymore... fact is, with arsenal, most of the big games he DOES deliver the goods...almost ALL his matches against the prmiership big teams like manchester united, chelsea, previously liverpool, and so on he tends to at least score/assist, if not do anything spectacular, both EPL and FA cup... as for the champions league, arsenal as a whole have always been a bit suspect in europe, and its unfair to blame him and label him a choker when its the other 10 members of the team that need to shoulder some of the blame too.. i dont recall anyone calling him a choker when he raped inter 5-1, a very important match for arsenal...

as for his international displays, theres been a lot of acrimony over the selection of both henry and zidane at the same time and how zidanes midfield role hinders henrys attacking blah blah blah... but he plays pretty damn good for france bar WC 2002..

I'm impressed OZ, a man with an open mind and a view of football, i hope i am not being patronising. :D but y'know,


for most keen eyed Arsenal fans it is obvious, when the Arsenal play with their fast possession football with Cole going down the outside and Pires going through the middle then Henry is at his most dangerous, but they don't do this half as much in Europe.

Henry is right when he says he gets the blame, the way the media and bods on Xtra-time act is that he is a one man team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
khimik said:
When Arsenal doesn't win Henry is the first to get the blame. It's been proven time and time again that if we don't win, it's his fault.


Who else will get blamed if we don't beat Rosenborg convincingly? He's the one who gets labelled a choker whenever we don't win 5-0 or doesn't score a hattrick in every game. He's merely just stating the truth, and you can't deny that.
Its is true that Arsenal do rely on Henry to get the goals, especially in the big games and the euro games........but the fact that henry came out and said it to the press is the main reason why this thread was opened.

Maybe he is the one that carries Arsenal and is one of the main reasons why arsenal is where it is and I'm sure many people will agree. But telling the press is purely a show of arrogance and telling the world 'look how good i am'

Poeple, cast your minds 2 years back. It was around christmas time 2 years back in the 2002-2003 season, when Man Utd were lagging behind Arsenal by about 800 points. We went on to win the title that season purely on the fabulous form that Ruud Van Nistelrooy hit after christmas. I would go as far as saying that Ruud single-handedly won us the title that year, but not a word of self praise.

Humility and a bit of humbleness, Tierry......I'm sure it cant be that hard...it is christmas after all
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top