Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some players gloves showcased on Soccer AM, which are apparently worn by Thierry Henry and other players. They have latex finger tips so you ball doesn't slip when you're taking throw-ins.

I've searched high and low but still can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get then from?

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yes, I have worn Nike gloves before, dead useful.

They keep you warm while keeping you from that slip you get with conventional wool gloves. Ruud van Nistelrooy also wears them.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
it's 19 degrees here in egypt and i just bought my set of gloves :D

nike ones

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Never play without my my gloves in these winter months.

You can find the nike ones at www.prodirectsoccer.com. Go to training wear -> Nike and they're about half way down.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Essential for playing in freezing rain. I wore them during the winter months when I played. You can actually get frostbite if you don't wear them and if it's cold enough.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I don't know about you guys...
But gloves don't change my game.
But if I got them free like Henry does, HELL yeah I would wear them.
But the important thing is that gloves from Nike in the past have stunk!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys. They're in the post!

Out of interest, has anyone had any problems from referees when wearing them?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Only once, he made me take them off so he could search them to make sure I had no knives in there. In my old league they had to do this after there was a stabbing during a Croat-Serbian match. :rollani:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
When I play in defence the plan is to always hurt the person in gloves.

Some people wear them as a fashion item, and what a joke they are.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
I wanna get a pair, it gets cold in Canada, hope you're not playing against me then Amiumtaur ;)

·
Banned
44 Posts
The people that wear them to look good should ot be involved in soccer. When your hands are cold it takes away from your consentration, and therefore takes away from your game. This can not happen. Now I would not recomend Nike field player gloves found in Eurosport. Just crappy. But if Henry wears Nike gloves I suppose they are good enough for the rest of us.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Fair enough if you live in a cold country in freezing conditions.

But when you see people wear them mid-October and it's cold but not bitter, there a target basically. What's next? Nike joggers under your shorts?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amiumtaur said:
Fair enough if you live in a cold country in freezing conditions.

But when you see people wear them mid-October and it's cold but not bitter, there a target basically. What's next? Nike joggers under your shorts?
I've heard of people playing with tights underneath when it's really cold, and I've been known to play with a wooly hat on when it gets sub-zero!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I know some people wore wet suits (I know, I know) underneath their kits when I was playing once. It was absolutely pelting down in rain so it made sense at the time. They weren't noticeable either but they do restrict movement.

It's a very dumb thing to do though :pp

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
sub-zero temperatures in Kent? Surely not that often.

I think there is only possibly one month of our winter that would be appropriate to wear gloves.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts