Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debuting very young in Genk, step Chelsea there was on loan at Atletico where he has shown tremendous growth, has great qualities, long ago, generally in fighting large quipos of La Liga (Real Madrid and Barcelona) was receiving many goals in against their individual capacity but now along with the accompaniment of his team have allowed him to go undefeated occasions, in order to consider an argument one of the best goalkeepers in the world in addition to other great merits.
As for selection had an impeccable tie, standing out in many meetings, I see it as a revelation for the 2014 soccer World Cup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJChQcK73g

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
no

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Just a no? :neutral:
Yup, just a no. He's not a top 5 GK in the world. Give him a wee bit of time & he might become one of them, but he's not one yet.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Oh god. See, you're not meant to actually ask me that. Because then it reveals the awful truth that I don't actually see much La Liga & I'm talking out of my arse :cam: So what I'll instead do is name the 5 best from the leagues I get on the telly here, in no particular order.

Petr Cech, the best keeper active in English football at the moment. Manuel Neuer, probably the closest thing to a consensus best keeper. Hugo Lloris, because I'm a sucker for a sweeper keeper, so I'm probably over-rating him. I've not watched Sherwood's Spurs yet though so honestly, I'm not sure how he'll fit there. Salvatore Sirigu has impressed when I've seen PSG play, although he's also not had all that much to do in a lot of games. And suddenly I realise I can hardly say Victor Valdes when I've just said that I don't really see La Liga games. And Buffon is, while not bad, clearly past his very best, just makes one error too many. Maybe Courtois is one of the 5 best keepers after all. Guess we're just at a sort of intermediate stage in between one generation getting a bit too old & the next lot not quite hitting their peak yet.

So what I'm saying is that Courtois is clearly no Allan McGregor or Craig Gordon :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts