Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Samuel Eto'o responded to Roberto Carlos, who ironically said that the Cameroonese "seemed Catalan and too barcelonista". Eto'o said: "If he said so, it is because he also saw that I am doing well, so thank you very much. It's good to hear that from a direct rival. I wish them luck. I want them to win all their matches and I wish to win ours too, so we'll be champions and they will be runner ups"

About the supposed interest of Madrid on him he said: "I want to continue here and to write a part of the history of this club. I am very happy here, I fought a lot to come here and I have partners of battle that came to war with me, like the president. They paid a lot of money and I am very thankful. I can't fail for them".

Eto'o also assured that money is not the most important: "I have a good contract, but this is not the most important. I could have earned much more, but I'm very happy and my ideas are very clear. Money is not the most important".

About the supposed Madrid offer (a contract 3 times bigger to the one that he has in Barça), he ironized: "If they pay me the triple, I could buy Cameroon and everyone would be better, I'd finish with poverty there".

Also Ronaldinho talked about Roberto Carlos' words: "I'm more barcelonista than ever. This is my home, I feel happier everyday and more Catalan.

Ale... Roberto Carlos... you try to insult with your stupid racism against Catalunya and our "cracks" respond with class... next time, shut up :mute:

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Perfect response from Eto'o. Makes RC look like a fool again, this time off the pitch.

So does this mean they now have passports and count as EU players? ;)

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
JA, i think the statement should be interpreted in a right way and not out of context, which leads to false conclusions. R. Carlos was nowhere a racist replying on the question about Eto'o. He's just wondering about his former team mate, who seem to have fitted into your team well.

"
-Nevertheless, Etoo has mentioned recently that Real Madrid are paying a lot of attention to Barcelona.
-Etoo seems Catalan and too much of a Barcelona fan. He wasn´t like that before. He should know that in Real Madrid we respect him and Barcelona a lot. We talked about them for motivation, not to be disrespectful. Here we aren´t disrespectful to the great teams such as Barcelona. We want to be leaders, if we said that we wanted to be in 2nd place, it would mean that we would be losers. We have always respected them, so they shouldn´t worry. "

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lili said:
JA, i think the statement should be interpreted in a right way and not out of context, which leads to false conclusions. R. Carlos was nowhere a racist replying on the question about Eto'o. He's just wondering about his former team mate, who seem to have fitted into your team well.

"
-Nevertheless, Etoo has mentioned recently that Real Madrid are paying a lot of attention to Barcelona.
-Etoo seems Catalan and too much of a Barcelona fan. He wasn´t like that before. He should know that in Real Madrid we respect him and Barcelona a lot. We talked about them for motivation, not to be disrespectful. Here we aren´t disrespectful to the great teams such as Barcelona. We want to be leaders, if we said that we wanted to be in 2nd place, it would mean that we would be losers. We have always respected them, so they shouldn´t worry. "
Roberto Carlos is a "gilipollas", as we say here. A big mouth idiot and it's not the first time that it happens. He likes to talk too much.

This started 2 weeks ago, when the Real Madrid players, in the middle of the euphoria after beating Zaragoza with the help of the refs (for those who think that RM are the victims). Helguera, Cakillas, Roberto Carlos and some others said: "President, we'll catch Barça in March. We go for them". Eto'o was asked for this words and he just said: "Yeah, they said that they would catch us after El Clasico, then in Xmas, now in March... maybe next time they say that they'll catch us in July or August, but La Liga finishes in May". So Eto'o just responded to what was said in Madrid.

Then the little idiot of RC said that Eto'o already seemed Catalan saying all these things. But you should hear him, his voice saying this... he says so, as if he was insulting and it's not the first time that he does it.

Some years ago, after his first match in the Camp Nou with Madrid, Roberto Carlos said that the Barcelona was the most racist city on Earth, supposedly he heard moneky noises... the press (even the madridista) never said anything about it, even his teammate Seedorf didn't hear anything... but he said so in Madrid, provokating as always.

The funny thing is that after a training session in Madrid's Ciudad Deportiva, someone had written the word "Makako" (monkey) with a key on his expensive fast car. I'm not so idiot to say that Madrid is the most racist city on Earth... racists are everywhere... but he can't insult a city or a country for something that didn't even happen.

Now he does it again. He says ironically that Eto'o seems Catalan and he says so with that stupid voice, half laughing-half insulting.

I know his words, but I know who is Roberto Carlos too. Just a little fool that makes us laugh. Roberto Carlos throws the stone and hides the hand, he's a coward, as always. As the day that he blamed the B team players for losing against Valladolid, when Xavi Moré's goal was HIS guilt, not Raul Bravo's, as you said in the Madrid forum.

He can say whatever, but I've never seen a player with less respect for a rival as Roberto Carlos. Maybe he could talk with that superiority feeling in 1999, but now when he only creeps on the pitch, he should close him mouth and retire, because his time is gone.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the topic of this thread. I don't believe much in the foreigners super stars when they say that they're catalans and things like that... too many bad experiences in the past, but I'm happy to hear that Ronaldinho and Eto'o are happy in Barcelona.

Some years ago, many stars came here to be only one year and then leaving through the back door. I wish Eto'o and Ronaldinho write the book of a memorable era.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
ok. i didn't hear the interview, just read it, so i didn't get the irony in R. Carlos's words. I think a lot of stupid stuff is said on both sides anyways, so i don't feel too bothered by such statements. It's all about making the rival looking bad in the press. ;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Then the little idiot of RC said that Eto'o already seemed Catalan saying all these things. But you should hear him, his voice saying this... he says so, as if he was insulting and it's not the first time that he does it.
I heard the interview and I didn't get the same reaction as you did, I felt like he was trying to be funny in his response, the same way as Eto'o was in his.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I'm just perplexed at the rumour of Eto'o to Real Madrid. Why would he leave one of the best club in Europe this season to a club that has treated him like thrash over the last few years? :confused: What ground was the rumour based on? :confused: Some conversations between 4 year old kids in kindergarden? :confused:

By the way, when can the Real Madrid fan take off that humilating avatar? It has been more than 2 months since that game. :pp

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Handoyo said:
I'm just perplexed at the rumour of Eto'o to Real Madrid. Why would he leave one of the best club in Europe this season to a club that has treated him like thrash over the last few years? :confused: What ground was the rumour based on? :confused: Some conversations between 4 year old kids in kindergarden? :confused:
This rumour is stupid... we wouldn't sell him to Real Madrid. It's silly, I'm sure that Madrid didn't offer anything

By the way, when can the Real Madrid fan take off that humilating avatar? It has been more than 2 months since that game. :pp
If it were my choice, it would be eternally :D

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
barça said:
I heard the interview and I didn't get the same reaction as you did, I felt like he was trying to be funny in his response, the same way as Eto'o was in his.
Maybe I just can't stand him... anyway I've never liked the lack of respect of Roberto Carlos with his rivals. For example, his gestures in the Olympiastadion when he scored against Bayern were awful too.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Handoyo said:
Some of my fellow merengues obviously enjoy the blaugrana outfit!:pp

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Maybe I just can't stand him... anyway I've never liked the lack of respect of Roberto Carlos with his rivals. For example, his gestures in the Olympiastadion when he scored against Bayern were awful too.
Well, you said it yourself: you can't stand him, which leads you to hear things otherwise than they have been meant. How about we grow some objectivism, eh Amigo? ;)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I Agree with all anti Roberto Carlos sentiment in this thread

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lili said:
Well, you said it yourself: you can't stand him, which leads you to hear things otherwise than they have been meant. How about we grow some objectivism, eh Amigo? ;)
My hatred towards RC is very objective. I have enough reasons to dislike him as person. I don't have any problem to say that Madrid has nice people like Solari, César or Zidane and big mouths like RC, Figo, Cakillas or Helgayra.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Yes, that was a nice response indeed and had me smiling quite a few times when I first read it. Good decision to give it an own thread, Koeman. :thmbup:

And being ANTI RC is the only option, there can be no PRO in that case. Overrated useless dwarf.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Ale... Roberto Carlos... you try to insult with your stupid racism against Catalunya and our "cracks" respond with class... next time, shut up :mute:
What is a "crack"?A foreign player?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts