Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may have been a testimonial friendly match with the proceeds going to good causes but as far as Glasgow Celtic were concerned the charity stopped there. They absolutely ripped a Leeds side which had very few players missing (Viduka and Fowler apart).

They are quickly making a name for themselves in these fixtures following on from there performances against Man Utd last season.

And it makes your mouth water at the thought of these games being a weekly occurence.

After the cup final Martin O'Neil came in for a bit of criticism for his decision to gamble on Paul Lambert while Colin Healy sat in the stand and the young midfielder who has been at Coventry on loan added fuel to the fire with a majestic and energetic performance. It's fair to say he was probably thinking of Mick McCarthy who had earlier in the day ended the youngsters world cup dream when he was omitted from the final squad for Japan & South Korea.

As for the players who looked tired on Saturday many of the guys overlooked for the cup final took it upon themselves to show O'Neill what he had missed with good performances from Guppy and Sylla. In the aftermath of the Scottish cup final I suggested that Scotlands best player had just had a stinker but some Celtic fan friends suggested that Craig Moore had been outstanding. That opinion gained credence tonight as Larsson made a prize buffoon out of Ferdinand on several occassions drifting into space at will and scoring with a fine header to put the 'tic 2-1 up.

I almost didn't watch the game and am so glad I did and if the Arsenal game is to be screened I will be glued make no mistake.

It would be unfair to end without special praise for the Celtic youngsters (regular readers of the Scottish forums will know I have been saying the deserve more games) who looked excellent especially Jamie Smith.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Hartsons goal was out of this world... I have always said that the man is a genius and that just proves it!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts