Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they said about the french squad, excuse my english i translated it from the french (it's an exercice for me:))

sven goran eriksson :

i have a lot of respect for the french squad. it's the big favourite of the tournment.
this great squad has almost no weak point. and france can count on a super player : zinédine zidane.

otto baric :

croatia is far behing france (2d in fifa ranking). at the question if france has weak points, i would say they have maybe less than the other squads.
but, i can assure to you that we will fight. i got a squad who can make worry the french, also the swiss and the english.

jakob "kobi" kuhn :

france is for me the best squad of euro 2004. we must learn to make no complexe face to a such squad.
last august month, when we lose against the french, we had maybe to much respect them. in portugal, in next june, we gonna play our match differently.

giovanni trapattoni :

it was primordial for the azura squadra to not cross the road of france. it's done now. i'm glad because it's vital to avoid the best squad of the tournment. like it's important to not play against the portugal, organizing country.

rudi völler :

i make france my favourite for the euro. french squad is the best squad in europe today. we nomore count the key players of this squad. without speaking about zidane, who is frankly a genius. for me, french squad is superior at italian and holland squads.

luis figo :

the bes squad, it's france. france will be the principal favourite of euro because france own excellent players and has the experience of victory since the succes of euro 2000.

michael ballack :

there a lot of class in french squad. almost in every posts. france is drived by zidane, a player of exception who is for me simply the best on the world.

voilà, i hope i didn't make to much syntax mistakes:)

personnal feelings after those comments :
if france doesn't pass the first round, i gonna become a brazilian fan;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Terry Venables : France are a bunch of namby-pamby airy fairy ballerina poseurs,if we get our foot in and get the ball wide and plenty of long balls in the box,they will disintegrate,most of these Jonny Foreigners are lacking in mental fibre.

Howard Wilkinson : where were they in the war ? they might be good on the ball,but that counts for nothing when the bullets are flying,i'd like to see Zinedine Zidane try his flicks with a gun pressed to his head in no mans land,he wouldn't be able to cope with the pressure and would probably feign injury.

Sam Allardyce : I've got a few of them at my club,they are fine when everythings going swimmingly and they are sunning themselves on their yachts,but stick them in an old stylee Yorkshire workhouse and make them work eighteen hours a day with just a bowl of grule to eat and they start faffing about and complaining about the conditions,if you beat them with some numbchuckers five times a day they are finished whereas a Yorkshireman like David Batty would thank you for the discipline.

god,i'm bored :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
rest of football fans: can they score a goal? we think not :D another goal-less first round exit for the french :tongue: :D ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Laugh people now, but in June, I know who will be the ones to laugh!!!:stuckup:

ALLEZ LES MECS!!!!:strong:
MONTREZ LEUR QU'ON EST LES MEILLEURS!!!:stuckup: :proud:

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!!:star::proud: :heart:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Of course, France has the strongest squad on paper, but that is no guarantee that they won't screw up.
Jern Lizardhous said:
Terry Venables : France are a bunch of namby-pamby airy fairy ballerina poseurs,if we get our foot in and get the ball wide and plenty of long balls in the box,they will disintegrate,most of these Jonny Foreigners are lacking in mental fibre.

Howard Wilkinson : where were they in the war ? they might be good on the ball,but that counts for nothing when the bullets are flying,i'd like to see Zinedine Zidane try his flicks with a gun pressed to his head in no mans land,he wouldn't be able to cope with the pressure and would probably feign injury.

Sam Allardyce : I've got a few of them at my club,they are fine when everythings going swimmingly and they are sunning themselves on their yachts,but stick them in an old stylee Yorkshire workhouse and make them work eighteen hours a day with just a bowl of grule to eat and they start faffing about and complaining about the conditions,if you beat them with some numbchuckers five times a day they are finished whereas a Yorkshireman like David Batty would thank you for the discipline.
:howler:
mali said:
i hope i didn't make to much syntax mistakes
You made a few, but not too many; we all understood what they mean (i.e. "France will win Euro 2004"), for sure.

Something that you should look at is confusing 'fewer' and 'less' or 'many' and 'much'. 'Many' is used when referring to discrete concepts, whereas 'Much' is used for continuous concepts (e.g. many coins, but much money; many syntactical errors, but much erroneous usage). The same is true of 'fewer' and 'less'; 'fewer' refers to discrete concepts, and 'less' for continuous concepts (e.g. fewer shoes, but less footwear; fewer labourers, but less manpower). I doubt that this is a suitable thread for discussing your use of the English language, but, if you need help, you need only ask me for it. :)

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if we get a referee like the one we had for the match against the portugues for the qualif of the -21.
sure we will be screw up.

bastin, thank you for the correction:)
je savais que je pouvais compter sur toi;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
blimey Mali.fer cryin out loud darlin,your English is bloody terrible,keep avin a go an i'm sure some day i will get a bit of a jist in what your bloody talking about. :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
the real one: If i have one team i hate, it's the french national team

sorry no offence. :) But i hate french players, i hate france, etc etc.

Why ? I really don't know

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Bastin said:
Something that you should look at is confusing 'fewer' and 'less' or 'many' and 'much'. 'Many' is used when referring to discrete concepts, whereas 'Much' is used for continuous concepts (e.g. many coins, but much money; many syntactical errors, but much erroneous usage). The same is true of 'fewer' and 'less'; 'fewer' refers to discrete concepts, and 'less' for continuous concepts (e.g. fewer shoes, but less footwear; fewer labourers, but less manpower). I doubt that this is a suitable thread for discussing your use of the English language, but, if you need help, you need only ask me for it. :)
thanx for the little lection. I'll try to remember that too.;)

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hello lili;)
well, the prob is that the principal language i learned at school was the german. i learned english too, but not seriously:)
i improved (i think:)) my english here in xt. and i must admit i'm very often fighting with american guys, that's maybe the reason why my english is not that british:)

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
mali said:
hello lili;)
well, the prob is that the principal language i learned at school was the german. i learned english too, but not seriously:)
i improved (i think:)) my english here in xt. and i must admit i'm very often fighting with american guys, that's maybe the reason why my english is not that british:)
ohh, du sprichst Deutch? Klasse, ich auch.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts