Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started this in our Forum because I feel it will get more attention.It's just a Thread regarding the Promise by Players who potentially were seen as the next big thing yet somehow did'nt quite make it.
Some are Mauro Bertarelli who played for Samp yet faded away,Claudio bellucci currently at Bologna yet had a spell at Napoli was given so much hype but has'nt really blossomed.Luca saudati ex Milan hopeful started not so bad at Perugia yet also did'nt deliver.
Davide Fontalan after a horrific time with Injuries cama back to some fine displays yet also dissapeared into the football wilderness.Igor shalimov and Igor Kolyvanov both made their names at Foggia but just as quick slid down.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Saudati he's so unlucky... last year in Empoli had a big and bad injury and he was for 6 months without play...Now he's in Atalanta and he's back ! He's good again but still have fear to do some things because this bad injury.

Fontolin Fointolan for Bologna was a great player.

Igor Kolyvanov is the reason why i've started to love Russian football:proud: :heart:...because i liked him so much. when he left Foggia for Bologna he was unlucky because was not starter(...Baggio fist and Signori after they stolen the place to him). But when he played he always made good games.
Esp. the first 2 seasons and with Kenneth Andersson was one great couple.
Shalimov is history! And also for Bolgona was a great player.
If u ask to Bolognesi they have great memory about Shaly and Koly:)

Shalimov now he's a coach, last year was the coach of Uralan Elista(russian team) And Koly is the coach of Russia Under 16:)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
ventola was beyond that....he was the next big hope, vieri's succersor, i rember him scoring vs mancs in cl and the commentators saying, that is the next best striker in the world....he faded so far.

farinos and gerrard....the two studs of the valencia team that came through europe like a breath of fresh air, both are now long forgottem.

commandini, was dubed the next vieri by inter fans even, this man was though to be an amazing player, and surley after the derby he would keep going, instead he fizzled as quick as he score on inter...

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Ventola had the bad luck to be in an Inter that was full of great strikers. Still, he made a great impact at the beginning, during one of Ronaldo's injuries.
But he never got all the confidence he should've gotten, then he was loaned I think... and, as usual, everything went downhill after that.

Commandini was clearly overrated, as many other Italian strikers. I think the problem has more to do - not always of course - with overrating the young strikers and expecting too much from them.
Cassano performing great for Roma is an exception in my books.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
true

we did overrate commandini but i have to say that ventola had it all....his career was a tragedy

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
A bad injury the same season as he was kicking ass, was what costed Ventola the world-class career. Then there´s been numerous of injuries to follow.

Sadly.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed Injuries have destroyed Ventola as well of the lack of playing time at Inter and loss of Confidence.But all in all the bad luck has ruined him till now.I hope he can get back he's still young.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts