Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Gazeta Sportuilor, both Lubos Michel and Urs Meier admitted having commited mistakes against Romania.

"I made a mistake in Oslo, but I couldn't see well in such a short time. I'm sorry for the Romanians"
Lubos Michel

"Am greşit la Oslo, dar n-am avut timp să văd într-o fracţiune de secundă. Îmi pare rău pentru români"
Lubos Michel

"A fost cel mai urît moment al carierei mele. Am o grămadă de prieteni români care nu mai vorbesc cu mine de atunci"
Urs Meier

"It was the ugliest moment of my career. I have loads of Romanian friends who won't speak to me since then"
Urs Meier

They with the apologies, us staying at home :groan: Still, they admitted

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:
According to Gazeta Sportuilor, both Lubos Michel and Urs Meier admitted having commited mistakes against Romania.

"I made a mistake in Oslo, but I couldn't see well in such a short time. I'm sorry for the Romanians"
Lubos Michel

"Am greşit la Oslo, dar n-am avut timp să văd într-o fracţiune de secundă. Îmi pare rău pentru români"
Lubos Michel

"A fost cel mai urît moment al carierei mele. Am o grămadă de prieteni români care nu mai vorbesc cu mine de atunci"
Urs Meier

"It was the ugliest moment of my career. I have loads of Romanian friends who won't speak to me since then"
Urs Meier

They with the apologies, us staying at home :groan: Still, they admitted
When contacted right after the game, Meier said, even after he had watched the video highlights that he stood by his decision. Why admit his mistake now???

As far as I am concerned, they can both write their appologies on a piece of sandpaper and shove it upt their @sses!!!

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
I dont think they did it on purpose but they are human.

Its difficult though...it would have been great to see Romania in Euro, you guys have an exciting team. You can say the same for Serbia, Belgium and a few other nations.

Its difficult..I mean UEFA region is just difficult to qualify in. I'm proud we (BIH) beat and tied Denmark, and they are at Euro 2004 and doing fantastic now. Its a testemant of how hard our group was, and how in general these days its tough to qualify in Europe.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
After watching those highlights about 150.000.000 times I've come to see that we definitely overexaggerated this whole referee incident. Shit happens sometimes and should deal with it. It happens to everyone [maybe not as much as it did to us in one campaign] but it was just our bad luck to be the important games it affected and that we couldn't perform in the games we needed to perform in (Danmark and Norge at home).

Lets just hope we can put this behind us by getting some good results against the tough Dutch and Czechs,

HAI ROMANIA!
:fero:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
After watching those highlights about 150.000.000 times I've come to see that we definitely overexaggerated this whole referee incident.
So you're saying there was a foul on the Danish striker even when the Danish media recognized that the penalty was a gift??

Shit happens sometimes and should deal with it..
True, but I still stick to the fact that we got robbed. I have moved on but not forgotten, nor forgiven!!!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I didn't say it was a foul or that the ref didn't make any bad decisions I said we over exaggerated the situation after the game. The petitions and the rest of the chicken ass crap we did to Meier lead to nothing and we should forget about this mess up and look forward.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Raven said:
I didn't say it was a foul or that the ref didn't make any bad decisions I said we over exaggerated the situation after the game. The petitions and the rest of the chicken ass crap we did to Meier lead to nothing and we should forget about this mess up and look forward.
I disagree. I think the petition was the only way for us to express our anger. And we were definitely heard! We got screwed too many times by the referee. We needed to make a stand at one point or another. And that was the perfect time to do it.

·
Registered
69,556 Posts
The penalty in Oslo was the most ridicule I´ve ever seen . I can understand some mistakes, but that mistake was too much. We were winning 0-1 and it was the minute 80 or so...With a 0-1 in Oslo, Romania would be playing these days in Portugal. Instead of that, we are seeing that ref participating in the tournament on TV. Why?
There are things which can be understood; there are other things really hard to understand...

Of course we should look forward, but please no more Milton Nielsen, Urs Meier, Lubos Michel...etc etc in the future.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
GICA, I hope we do get Meier in the future because I am sure he won't **** us up again. Its not that he doesn't like us and than UEFA don't want EE teams to do well and all that rubbish, we just had a few refs that had bad games when it mattered. As I said if we performed when we should have the referee decisions would be irrelevant now because we would have already topped the group.

Marius, to be honest I don't know what to say about the EURO quals anymore I just want to forget about it. I am sure the refs weren't out to stop us winning and just made some human mistakes, maybe a spur of the moment thing in Copenhagen with all the Danish support and all that he gave the penalty but I don't care anymore. If we play like we should do and can do the referees shouldn't affect us in the long run.

·
Registered
16,078 Posts
Anyone who is watching The EURO can tell how even all games are. None of the teams can afford refrees mistakes. We outplayed Norway and Denmark but we couldn´t win because of the refs. You have to be too good to win in spite of that. Not even Brazil is comfortable in the WC qualifiers.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Ivanov was shit too. Actually of the four knights of the apocalypse, Meier was less scary :) But he was the last and as we say in Romania, all the eggs broke on his head.

·
Registered
25,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:
it seems that the English are mad at Urs Meier for disallowing the goal scored by Sol Campbell. The decision was right as both Terry and Campbell bothered the ref, but here's a sample of what the English media is saying:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14364160&method=full&siteid=50143&headline=reffing-hell--england-agony-as-we-crash-out-name_page.html

Now that Meier bothered a team like England, we will certainly see some consequences :groan:
I hate Meier but the foul on the Portuguese goalie was there!
When a striker jumps to head the ball and there is a contact with the goalie, the ref will most of the time call it a foul. Campbell went up and the other English player (I think it was Terry) prevented the Portuguese keeper from getting to the ball.

I know it was dissapointing for England but you gotto call the foul on play like these otherwise the goalies would be at a huge disadvantage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you acctually seen the match with England? There was no foul on the goal keeper. Sol jumped straight up and the keeper jumped into them!! It should be England in the Semis tonight!!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Ivanov and Michel were worse than Meier.

But of course Kim Nilsen is the most annoying of them all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts