Makinwa from Reggina
Merini from Kmita Zabierzow (Poland)
Quadri from Perugia
Sannibale from Lanciano
Santarelli from Gallipoli
Scaloni from Mallorca (Spain)
Stendardo - Juventus

---

Players on loan are coming back to Formello, I guess Lotito will be happy to know that an entire team will be added to the current Lazio squad :).
Bonetto is doing pretty well at Bologna and they would like him to stay. Juventus want to buy Stendardo, the only question is who will go to Lazio in exchange. Foggia is said to be an exchange player for either Canini or Acquafresca (or Matri). Scaloni, Inzaghi and Makinwa could safely remain there where they played so far. i am sure Lazio fans would not cry about the news.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am pretty sure Scaloni is on loan at Mallorca for another season. If Bologna want Bonneto we should do a deal with them, and get what we can there. Foggia could be used to do good business with either Cagliary, and as i dont seem them paying the release clause for him, we can also do business with some other clubs (I read Palermo is interested). Same with Stendardo, i read we could get Palladino in exchange, which doesnt sound bad at all to me. Inzaghi and especially Makinwa need to be sold or loaned out again. I hope we can somehow make some money back on Makinwa after the ridiculous amount we paid for him.

The rest seem like youngsters, we should assess them on what they did during their loan periods and decide what needs to be done with them. I had read some promising stuff about Greco and Merini before this season, but dont know how they have been getting on.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Inzaghi and Makinwa could safely remain there where they played so far. i am sure Lazio fans would not cry about the news.
I am not sure (to say the least) that their current teams (or any team) want them...

Nice to know we have a player with the name Cannibale. :)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I believe Foggia, Makinwa and Stendardo are the only ones on that list who could be worth something in the market. Foggia we could use if there's a change in tactics, other than that there is nobody who could be more than a spare part.

Inzaghino earns a million, which is definitely a problem for us. I thought we were pretty lucky that Atalanta wanted him this year...

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Please tell me its just random guess work Stendardo is wanted by Juve.

And its just bizzare speculation that he would be exchanged for Palladino or anyone else.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to what "Corriere dello Sport" writes in the first two lines of this article
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/28322/Juve-Stendardo+ok,+caccia+a+Behrami
Juventus has officially asked Lazio to get Stendardo permanently. And if Rossi remains Lazio coach, the chances of seeing Stendardo wearing the Biancoceleste shirt are very few. And it's not that the player in exchange (probably Palladino) would be that much better. I wouldn't mind getting Marchisio, though :)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I'm sure that in a Palladino-Stendardo swap we'd get the better player, but that's by default due to Stendardo being pretty much useless. We complain about Cribari being slow and clumsy, but Stendardo is even moreso. I'm not sure where Palladino would fit in our current gameplan, though...trequartista or a third striker, perhaps, but not a starter in any case.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I will be angry if we keep Stendardo. I will blow a fuse if we actually pay anything to keep him, and I would feel compelled to violent assault if we not only pay for him, but give away a very valuable asset like Palladino or Marchisio (AS IF!!!)... for someone who would be 5th choice in one of the worst Juventus defences in history.

Ultimately I hope that its simply Laziali 'news' rags musing at the unlikely possibility that anyone would be that dumb. Of course, knowing Secco..... :( :fero:

NB: Did you ever get De Silvestri tied down? Now there's a Lazio player I would be interested in.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
NB: Did you ever get De Silvestri tied down? Now there's a Lazio player I would be interested in.
Yes but only until 2010...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yearly update about our players coming back from loans... (the comments in brackets are from the web site where I got this list)

Baronio (Brescia where he collected 28 appearances, scoring 3 goals)
Makinwa (Chievo – 9 apps, 1 goal)
Quadri (Monza, 25 apps., 1.499 mins on the pitch for the 9th January born guy)
Firmani (Al Wasl, 7th in the League, lower than mid-table)
Berni (Salernitana, 16 games, 2 penalties saved and 21 goals conceded)
Bonetto (Livorno, 38 apps and now making the playoffs against Grosseto)
Zauri (Fiorentina, 17 apps in the League and even scored once plus all 6 apps in the Champions League)
Stendardo (Lecce, 20 apps)
Scaloni (Real Mallorca, 22 apps and Spanish Cup semi-finalist against treble Champions Barcelona)
Artipoli (Modena, 10 apps but hasn’t been playing since October)
Correa (Pro Patria, 28 apps, 12 goals one of the best players of the Italian third division)
Greco (Sorrento, 5 apps and winner of the Lega Pro Italian Cup)
Corvesi (Prato, 8 apps)
Tortori (Isola Liri, 15 apps, 2 goals)
Costantini (Val di Sangro, 11 apps, 1 goal)
Chirico (Aversa Normanna, 5 apps under coach Raffaele Sergio, the former Lazio full-back)
Merini (Melfi, 23 apps, 8 goals)

---
Beside the players already coming back last year, there are a few ex Primavera footballers loaned out who are over aged by now to play in the youth team. Also, it seems that Lucas Correa will be with the first team at the beginning of the pre season trainings in Auronzo di Cadore from the 2nd of July.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Horrible really.

Except for Lucioano Zauri, there is nobody who can be used or that can provide quality.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
And it makes no sense to reinstall Zauri in the team, either, when we have two young players for his spot. Agreed, we sure don't need this situation, caused mostly by some very strange "free" signings by Lotito.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts