Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://m.repubblica.it/mobile/r/sezioni/sport/calcio/2015/04/04/news/roma_-_napoli_striscioni-111202720/

Holding up banners telling the mother of a person THEY killed, about the apparently poor manner in which she's dealing with his death.

Are you trying to fool someone?

You're the same mob with absolutely ZERO class who still chant, make banners of, make Facebook fan pages for and even graffiti a cemetery year after year with '10,100,1000 Paparelli'... A humble and good man that you SUB HUMANS killed almost forty years ago.

Forever the embarrassment of this sport.

Go back to protesting that baboon you have running your bunch of clowns. Leave morals to those that have them :stuckup:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
She had recived money to make interviews and signed contracts to write books. You don't milk your son death to be a celebrity. Mourn in peace with your family or move the **** on.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Did you read the banner? Where is the insult exactly?

"how sad.. ruining the funeral with books and interviews"

If anything the banner is respectful to someone who died while someone else is turning his memory to endless media circus.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
yeah the group of people responsible for killing her son are definitely the people with a right to judge how the mother must mourn :palm:
No she made countless accusations that are baseless. First her son was killed in the street by a criminal when Roma wasn't even playing that day. He was caught and he is under trial. Repetitive generalizations about Roma and its fans just to stir controversy and to remain in the spotlight serve no good to any one, especially her son's memory.

Roma and the fans have publicly apologized and condemned the acts of one idiot. It was sad and unfortunate but it reamins an act of an individual. Continuing to repeat the same shit over and over again blaming everyone because she can't move on is just not healthy.

·
1st Tier Poster
47,840 Posts
Ultimately (at least in the eyes of the law) most of the stabbings and murders committed by Roma fans can be described as "an act of an individual". Nevertheless, there are certain commonly upheld values behind those acts.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
The one problem of this thread is talking about the Roma fans as if they were an ugly exception. Maybe they are the worst in Italy, very likely they are among the worst, but it is not as if in other stadium there are people who can give lessons of morality.
That said, lol at GO12. Had Ciro been a romanista he would be the one to start this thread. I also love the way he pretends it's the act of an individual and as a consequence there is no connection with any "social activity" of that individual.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Nevertheless, there are certain commonly upheld values behind those acts.
So is Roma responsible for the acts of every criminal within the vicinity of the city regardless of circumstances? When a murder happens when Roma isn't even playing and not even close to the stadium- why is the club and its fans are responsible in any way or form?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
The one problem of this thread is talking about the Roma fans as if they were an ugly exception. Maybe they are the worst in Italy, very likely they are among the worst, but it is not as if in other stadium there are people who can give lessons of morality.
That said, lol at GO12. Had Ciro been a romanista he would be the one to start to start this thread.
Well said.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
That said, lol at GO12. Had Ciro been a romanista he would be the one to start to start this thread.
I have condemned that acts of our Ultras on countless times. If anything I have had some hot debates with some of the Romanisti here and else where because I am actively vocal against the Ultras and hope for the day they seize to exist not only in Roma's stands but all over Italy.

But there is limit for everything - how many have died in Italy because of football violence in the last few years yet it is only Ciro's mother that not a single month passes by without showing up on media outlets with her tears and shallow accusations.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
I have condemned that acts of our Ultras on countless times. If anything I have had some hot debates with some of the Romanisti here and else where because I am actively vocal against the Ultras and hope for the day they seize to exist not only in Roma's stands but all over Italy.

But there is limit for everything - how many have died in Italy because of football violence in the last few years yet it is only Ciro's mother that not a single month passes by without showing up on media outlets with her tears and shallow accusations.
because you read/watch about Roma and ignore everything else. For example I read/watch a lot about Italian matters and can tell you she is not the one mourning about the absurd death of her son (football related or not). Good that she does it, by the way! It would be bad if she didn't because it would mean she doesn't care. I really can't believe it's a problem for someone who should not feel guilty of it, the way you should be. Or are you that brainwashed?

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
..and just to be clear, I am not supporting the banner. I wish it wasn't put there. But I am not surprised it was there and in principle I don't think it is wrong. It is exactly the expected response Ciro's mother was feeding all these months. She is loving the controversy and the spotlight and hoped for something like that for the story to stay relevant. So in a sense they gave her exactly what she wanted, which was dumb to say the least.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
because you read/watch about Roma and ignore everything else. For example I read/watch a lot about Italian matters and can tell you she is not the one mourning about the absurd death of her son (football related or not). Good that she does it, by the way! It would be bad if she didn't because it would mean she doesn't care. I really can't believe it's a problem for someone who should not feel guilty of it, the way you should be. Or are you that brainwashed?
I don't mind her mourning like a normal human being. I also don't mind her using her son's unfortunate death in a constructive way to raise awareness, to push for regulations, to rally with politicians..etc heck I would've even supported her. Like I said I am against Ultras and believe they are one of the major reasons Serie A is lagging behind, and as bad that sounds I am waiting for the day something really bad happens (ala in England) and authorities exterminate Ultras for good- cause I lost all hope they would do that without something pushing them to do it. But in reality what Ciro's mother has been doing added more tension and fuel to the fire. When she plays on emotions and throw accusations she only increases the tension and feed the controversy which ultimately complicate the issue further and provide no constructive solutions. The current media circus is a proof.

Now instead of taking the high moral ground against these idiots and gaining the respect of everyone else, she is asking for 5 point deduction and curva sud ban. She is LOVING this soap opera.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Pallotta:

"As has been expressed repeatedly, most recently in the week leading up to the match against Napoli, AS Roma considers any events that lead to the loss of life at a football match, as occurred in the cases of Ciro Esposito, Antonio De Falchi, Gabriele Sandri, Vincenzo Spagnolo, Filippo Raciti, Vincenzo Paparelli and others, to be a defeat for civil society as a whole, regardless of affiliations to clubs or fan groups. The enormous pain that follows such events deserves maximum, unconditional respect from all and necessitates that all parties – fans, clubs and law enforcement agencies – strive to ensure that such pain is not renewed, not even verbally, in the stands of a stadium."

http://www.asroma.it/en/news/statement_by_james_pallotta_april_5/

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.