Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Roy Hodgson also in contention, England need not worry once Capello steps down one day.

Along with Neil Warnock, a guy of the Clough mould. A guy who makes you proud to be British. One of the old stock.

Who needs Tuncay or any fancy dancy players when you got the towel :proud:

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
:eek:

Hoddle back in for me. I was mesmerise with his punditry today.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
That towel always does its magic :D Stoke seems to be doing extremely well tactically , something Tuncay is inept at so deserves to be benched. Even if he is a footballer I always loved.

A big thumbs up for Tony :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Tony Pulis has created a stoke side who works very hard, have a never say die attitude and a defensively very solid and disciplined.

Pulis don't put sides out that will score bagfuls of goals or play lovely football, but they will work hard and will be hard to beat. I do think though he has been rather poor in the transfer market as there have been several poor buys, although some success. He has been at Stoke a long time and is the proof that when given time managers can produce good sides.

I am not really a fan of Neil Warnock, but he does seem able to get the best out of any side he is in charge of. I do think he was out of his depth at premier League level when at Sheffield United, but in the Championship, he does produce results.

Roy Hodgson is a brilliant coach and I would be happy for him to be the next England manager. He is capable of coming into a job, and getting results almost instantly. His sides are always defensively very solid, play a good brand of football though and are very tactically versatile. One of the best coaches in England tactically and has also brought really quite well during his time at Fulham.

Steve Bruce is another contender in my eyes. He produces sides who are defensively very solid, and is brilliant in the transfer market. He seems to be able to buy young players, and get the absolute most out of them. His sides don't play an attractive brand of football, but he put solid sides out.

Harry Redknapp will be the favourite I feel, to be the next England manager though. He isn't as good a coach as Hodgson, but gets the most out of his squad, is a master in the transfer market and his sides always play a nice brand of football you want to watch.

Sam Allardyce was the master of direct football at Bolton, and while he hasn't been as successful since, but is slowly building a solid side at Blackburn. Allardyce seems to be able to get the best out of limited squads especially veterans or players who have so far unfullfilled there potential. He knows how he wants to play and his sides play that style very well.

Tony Mowbray will probably be the only other manager who would be in with a shout. I love the way his sides play football. It is a lovely brand and he seems to be able to get his sides across to his players easily. His sides normally concede a lot, but they also score a lot.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Harry Redknapp will be the favourite I feel, to be the next England manager though. He isn't as good a coach as Hodgson, but gets the most out of his squad, is a master in the transfer market and his sides always play a nice brand of football you want to watch.
a quality you really need when managing an international side :thumbsup:

hodgson would get my vote

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
a quality you really need when managing an international side :thumbsup:

hodgson would get my vote
What I was saying there is that Harry can spot a player, not really needed like you said when managing a national side as everyone in the country knows who England should and shouldn't call up.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Roy Hodgson is the only English man I'd like in charge after Capello goes.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Pulis and England manager in the same sentence :howler:

Pulis is good for Stoke. That's as far as it goes.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Pulis would be great for England. Delap -> Towel -> Crouch -> England champions of the world.

Champagne football.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
:howler:

Pulis is good for Stoke. That's as far as it goes.
How does that work, though?

He takes a team from the bottom of the Championship to the top. Gains automatic promotion from one of the most competitive and hard to win leagues in the World. Then he manages to not only keep them up, a feat in itself considering 75% of promoted teams go straight back down, but he gets them to 12th. Beating Arsenal, Spurs, Man. City, Aston Villa and holding Liverpool to 2 draws.

Lawrence, Higgingbotham, Huth, Shawcross, Etherington, Tuncay, Beattie, Sorensen, Fuller and Faye are all great signing too, imo. Considering a very small budget.

Besides all that, Pulis is fucking Welsh.

I hate idiots like you. Have no idea what you are spouting about.

Pulis > Wenger

·
1st Tier Poster
49,699 Posts
of course he could (and maybe should) manage England

totally pointless to get a big name for this job and pay him millions to send out a 4-4-2 which any schoolboy could pick, one of the most pointless and random jobs in football in fact where you can't really influence much. Any idiot could do it and eventually luck will decide if he'll be remembered as a genius or a tosser.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
...I hate idiots like you. Have no idea what you are spouting about.

Pulis > Wenger
You're being very harsh on Maturin, I must say. Pulis has accomplished much in his career, something nobody can deny. You are neglecting the difference in managing Stoke and a top club in any top league, however.

Managers of a similar C.V. to Pulis have failed to make the step up, Sam Allardyce being one example that springs to mind. I won't even comment on the 'Pulis > Wenger' bit at the end, there. I mean, come on. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
So you think Stoke is as far as Pulis will go?

O.K. What if Stoke finish 8th or so this season?

It would be ignorant to say that neither Tony Pulis nor the Club of Stoke City will never go any further than finishing above 12th in the Premier League. No?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Pulis has done great with Stoke. Let's be honest, if you're a newly promoted team then Stoke are a model you would look to follow in order to establish yourself as a Premiership club.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts