Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,all other teams will jump on our best players.We all know and expect that.What we must not do is panic.Tanzi must realise that Thuram and Cannavaro are irreplacable.Frankly,I dont think he'll sell them.

MOVE 1: Sell Crespo and Buffon.They are great but replacable.Send Buffon to Lazio and Crespo to Juventus for money AND Fabian O'Neill,they are willing to give him.If we can lure a good player from Lazio,do an exhange as well.I would mind Stankovic.

MOVE 2: Buy Montella and Frey.Both of them are on the out list of theri clubs.Especially I dont think that Roma will have any doubts over a bid for Montella now they got Batigol.Frey is a MUST.We can get them both.

MOVE 3: Sign Alex from Palmeiras.We cant sign anyone else and he is a cheap solution.No problems there.

MOVE 4: Sign a solid central defender.Yepez,Laursen,whoever!

MOVE 5: Sack Malesani.Try to get a coach who wants a challenge or who doesnt have a job.Ranieri,De Canio...someone!

OUT: Crespo,Buffon,Baggio
IN: Montella,Frey,O'Neill

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
A few thoughts on your moves Amo...

Move 1: To sell a player like Crespo won't go unnoticed unless we get a really great midfield.

Move 2: Sounds reasonable. Montella do score a lot. But if I had the chance to choose I would go for a taller guy who's better in the air. Jardel would be ideal. No matter what people think of the portuguese league he's awsome. He proved that in the Champion's League too. And italian defenders do have problems with guys like him and Bierhoff.

Move 3: There's nothing wrong with Alex, it just feels like that since he is the last resort if we can't buy anyone else. That is unfair to him really.

Move 4: Couldn't agree more. Thuram is wasted in the center and Sartor isn't solid enough.

Move 5: Absolutely not. Patience usually work wonders. Let him have an honest chance.

We shouldn't be so depressed after all. Tanzi does what he can and that's enough for me. We will have a competitive team next season. That I can say for sure. Although we might not know the names yet...

·
Registered
859 Posts
I just wish Buffon stays. It would kill me to see our Gigi playing for another club.
And Inter will keep Frey and sell Peruzzi to Lazio.
Is it really so nessecary with a new defender? I agree that Sartor isn´t good enough, but when Torrisi played we did superbly. I think he deserves a chance.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Don´t take for granted that Crespo will move to Juventus - Cragnotti wants him and I think that he´s got the upper hand when it comes to a) trading goods ( salas, stankovic, almeyda. Can´t belive that we could trade away some of those players :( man is our squad amazing ). b) Money - Lo Scudetto meant 50$ and we still have money from the Vieri sale + the club generates money during the season so I´m sure that if it´ll be a showdown between Lazio and Juve, Lazio won´t back away.

Juve can´t offer Parma the same player quality as Lazio but I´m sure that they can compete on a financial level and of course Juve´s got Ancelotti.

Possible deal: Salas & Almeyda + money for Crespo & Buffon. In my eyes it´s a fair deal for both clubs as Almeyda doesn´t have the best of times in Lazio and the rotation system and Salas seems to have burnt his bridges with Eriksson aswell. Parma would get one of the best defensiv midfielders and that would put Baggio on the bench or on a plane. Salas would mean that Parma will get almost an equal to Crespo since there isn´t that much to tell the players apart.

What would Juve offer ?? Darko Kovacevic ?? O´neil ?? I think that O´neil is great but he´s not what Amo would call " Scudetto " material. Kova has proved himself as a good sub but when he plays full games ?? I´m just not convinced of his greatness - he seems ... haven´t seen him enough come to think of it and I don´t want to make myself look stupid :) too late bro.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is practically one tema interested in Gigi right now.And its Lazio (Man Utd would never pay as much as we want).So if Inter indeed decides to keep Frey nd sell Peruzzi to Lazio then we can rest knowing that Gigi will stay.Unless he wants to go to Verona. :)

Jardel would be great,I agree Verdi.I dont really like him nor I rate him too much but he can score loads if he gets proper feeding.Besides,Amoroso has proved that he can play superbly next to tall target mens.We saw this at Udinese,if the tall guy can score (like bierhoff did at Udine),Amoroso feeds him to become top scorer,if the tall guy cant score (Sosa) Amoroso somehow becomes first scorer himself.I have no doubt that Crespo's money will be more than enough to get Jardel.

How do you guys rate O'Neill? he can play as an offencive midfielder but as more defencive man as well.I always thought we should buy him and he would become our "Guardiola" a creative defencive midfielder who can open the game with his passes.I've seen him do it several times for Uruguay,really superbe.The berst thing with him is that he runs to mark as well,a real fighter.I think that in order to get thier man (Crespo) Juve would part with him.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Svennis...svennis...svennis... :).

Let me start by agreeing that Lazio has the better trade items. One of the reasons for that is that Juve don't wan't to trade topclass players away.

But then You get to the money thing... :).
Lazio's 50mill.$ will come over time. This is an estimate covering better sponsor deals/bonuses , better TV-agreements for next season etc. etc. It's not something Cragnotti has in his hand to spend.
You still have cash to spare from the Vieri sale ? May be, but how? Simeone was part of the deal so You didn't actually get more than 30-35 mill.$ Lopez is coming for how much ? 25+? -and Paramatti has just been bought, Baronio was bought last week...
Ok that was a bit of nitpicking. The most important piece here is: Budget stability! Lazio has been losing money for the last two seasons, and I'm talking alot of money. Your wages are too high considering the proffitside of the account, and some of the money You win will have to cover the deficit.
Juventus is earning money every year, and will do the same this season even if we we're not in CL and didn't win a single thing.
Lazio has alot of funds from the stockmarket, but if it was a sound business it couldn't splash away on transfers neglecting substantial deficits.

Juve on the other hand: Net-surplus, massive funds and ...Agnelli.
Cragnotti is big, but fighting the Agnelli's is an uphill battle....

Ciao.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
So here goes Svennis and Glen again... I've said it once before: TAKE THE CRESPO DISCUSSION ELSEWHERE!

Hopefully Crespo stays and I can laugh you both in the face. The ideal would be to sell him to Barca and get Figo as exchange... :)

Svennis, I have a few things to say to you.

Salas is crappy, Almeyda way overrated and Stankovic is unproven. So, there you go. I just hope Tanzi thinks like me. :)

ps. Ta inte illa upp nu bara... På svenska heter offensiv och defensiv, på engelska heter det offensive och defensive... :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Montella and Fabian O'Neill, I think this is one of the best choices to make as a replacement of Crespo. You may even not feel the difference (hehe). Anyway, about how much per cent is sure the deal with Juve for Crespo (I still have some hope for another team :eek: ). But, yeah if you get O'Neill for him this would be pretty sure. So it depends on whether Zidan is leaving or not (if he leaves O'Neill will stay). And he is one of the hotest prospects for the future, he is simply a magician.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Well Glen, you're not the only one sick and tired of Lazio fans optimistic view on Cragnotti's ability and even superiority...

But then I have a fantastic idea. How about Kovacevic as exchange for Crespo? I would say that Kovacevic is as good as Crespo and much better than Inzaghi, and he would come at a fraction of what Crespo will cost. The value of a striker drop fast when they don't have a first team place you know... :) I would rate Crespo at $30M and Kovacevic at $15M. Sounds fair? Give us O'Neill too and you have yourself a deal... :) $30M for Crespo might sound a lot but remember that Inter and Lazio also would be keen on having him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts