Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is not going to be one of those emotional comments that you have seen me make in the past couple of days but anyway here goes:

I think that there is a problem in Serie A that has to be dealt with. Definately as a Juve fan it is very hard to admit that it is caused by Juve or Milan fans would also hardly admit that it is caused by Milan, But almost all the other fans of the other teams,say that these problems come from Juve and Milan.

Okay there are two ways why those fans are complaining...
1. There is no problem at all with the Serie A and may be these fans (i am not saying that this is the true reason) are just frustrated to see all the results going Juve and Milan's way and they have been the two dominant teams for the past ten years....which is pretty unusual so what to say these teams are bribing the refs...blah blah blah (which i think is pretty much unfounded)

2. Now if there is a problem, which one is it, why aren't most of the Juve fans and Milan fans recognizing it and why is it there.
Okay the reason why as a Juve fan i do not admit that there is a problem is because first and foremost i am a Juve supporter, so that already has put me in some sort of framework where i will be trying to defend Juve rather than give it the benefit of the doubt. ANOTHER THING WHICH REALLY ANNOYS ME IS THAT PEOPLE COME HERE SAYING THAT JUVE BRIBED THE REFS WHICH I THINK IS PRETTY UNFOUNDED.So immediately i take it personally and i do not want to admit that there is a problem.

The most supported team in Italy is Juventus, and i guess Milan follows (i might be wrong) in this population of supporters we expect to have referees and it would not be of a surprise to me to see those referees supporting Juve and Milan...Parma started the Serie A action 10 years ago, Juve has always been there, so it would not be really unusual for an older referee to have some sort of feeling towards Juve, which means that they are going to favor it in many games.
so maybe Juve and Milan are favored a bit too much...i think if we want to find the solution to this problem, saying that these two clubs fix the league will not give us any possible solutions...because first of all there is no way people are going to prove that, i think it is pretty impossible...so there is no solution.

To me i think that there is a need to replace the referees, to newer ones and make this a professional job, As far as i remember referees in Italy are not paid...(is this true) so if they like one team then it is possible to give them the results they want....but if you make this a permanent job, the referee will be under more pressure to do the right thing. One other thing is that, there is a need for fresh blood here, so if most of the referees are old, and will tend to favor the traditional champions(Miland and Juve) then there is a need for younger ones that will bring the right balance between younger and older....

i am out of words now...but i am sad that this Scudetto will not be seen by many other fans as the hard work of our boys....coz i think that even if you are the strongest Lazio supporter who does not want to listen to anything (CECCO and REALE, no offence) we have to admit that Juve has worked hard this season, infact very hard....LAZIO has worked very hard too...but ofcourse these are troubles we will have to face many times...
but they can be solved.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
It doesn't matter if Juventus deserve the title. It doesn't matter if the player have been working hard. It doesn't matter if you deserved to win against Parma. It does NOT matter!! It does not matter because everyone will know that you didn't win fair and square. You probably would have won anyway but the fact remains. This was not an honest championship. Perhaps it's not Juventus fault but it really doesn't matter... I will consider the Scudetto of 99/00 as a Scudetto without honour. The only way for Juventus to win this Scudetto is to draw against Perugia forcing a playoff. If you then win the playoff I will accept you as the true champions of Italy.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
eringi; you know I totally agree with you. Most of what You said resembles my statement on the Lazio forum.
Just because we're Juve fans through and through doesn't mean we have to blind to the fact that Lazio receives worse treatment from the refs. than us.
Like You I'm only really mad when Juventus is held responsible for this as there has never been any evidence backing this. I will always react to those comments.

I honestly don't know what to do to change the current situation, but I will accept any changes to give enforced credibility to the league. be it professional referees, additional penalty area refs behind the goals etc. etc.
Obviously Juventus propable scudetto 26 will be tainted by the incident against Parma, but me must still be allowed to be proud of our teams composure this season.

Ciao.

S

·
0 Posts
Geez... So much talking has been formed for only one of the disallowed goals in this league. Why is it always Juve the team that receives most suspicions? Parma, Inter, Fiorentina, Lazio, Milan and even piacenza have had "illegal"plays allowed by the referees. You Lazio and Parma fans have got to understand that referees are not equipped with slow motion cameras, that can repeat the play the number of times they want. It is a fraction of a second in which the referee sees a slight push that might not be one, and blows ofr a fault. Man, it's not for preferences, everyone is human, even refs!!!

I could also begin to say: No, when Parma drew with Inter it was the referees preference to give Parma a last minute penalty kick, because Cordoba "fouled" Crespo. We could see in the replays it was no penalty, but THE REFS DON'T GET REPLAYS!!!
I could also say, it was unfair for Juve because Milan's 2nd goal in the 2-0 at San Siro, a penalty, wasn't one... It is true there was no penalty, but THE REF ONLY SAW THE PLAY ONCE!!!!

Do you laziale and parma fans get my point? :(

------------------
G3ORG3

FoRzA JuVe

fOrZa BiAnCoNeRi

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Well Supergeo, the difference is that now it was in the dying minutes of the second to last game of the season. So that incident had direct affect at the outcome of the championship. It's too late to make a comeback now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts