Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in soccer-city at the moment, with the Amsterdam Arena in my backyard, I hung up my Italian flag out on the balcony, I decorated my windows with my Italian shawls, I've stuck the faces of Inzaghi and Totti on my TV, candles are burning under Nesta's portait in the hall, I have the spaghetti cooking while Eros Ramazotti is singing from my CD player and I'll have a dozen bottles of white Lambrusco already stuck in the office.....

You might not believe it, but I'm Dutch. And I've got nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing in common with the Dutch national team. It's Italy that rules all the way.

Italy should not be afraid of the Dutch. Simply for one reason: The Dutch think they already have in their pocket. They think it's a done deal. That they can pull the same trick on the Azzurri as they did with the Yugo's. Their weakest point is their recklessness. Italy should keep their heads together, just as they did against Belgium. There's no need to fear Holland.....Not now, not ever. They are missing what we've got....

Style ...

The Miss

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
lul nou niet,

Oranje denkt helemaal niet dat ze het al hebben gewonnen
ze nemen de wedstrijd errugg serieus!

Ik denkt dat het natuurlijk wel moeilijk word, mischien
wint Italy wel maar mischien Oranje

For everybody that can't speak Dutch, TOO BAD!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
awww

That is my first reaction. But I understand, cos I don't have any relationship with everything italian, but I support the italian national team and I will have a depressing week if milan loose.
Why did I support the team that everyone thought is the most boring to watch? I don't know, the team just chose me, I guess, I probably attracted to the Armani jersey in 94' or the passion that italians shown towards football and probably some if their attitudes as well, with their history and tradition. I remember when they lost to brazil in 94, everybody in italy act like they don't qualified. and the italians... well, let's just say, we started it, let's finish this. and finish it up until the end.
or maybe I'm attracted to the defensive style. Their defense is so stubborn, there's no way somebody going to shoot 3 past the defense. Like Albertini said...'we are not yugo'. He's right. They are Italy. which is the team that I always support. Now, go and kick holland!
ciao!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
FORZA MISSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITALIA NELLA FINALE!!!!

But up to there. Because from then on:
ALLEZ LES BLEUS! All the way!!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
ENGLISH PLEASE, Haagse Harry!

You couldn't have said it better, Miss! I fully agree!
See ya on Thursday perhaps! Watch out for two girls wearing white Lazio shirts... That'll be me and a friend of mine!

AVANTI GRANDE LAZIO!
FORZA AZZURRI!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ciao Tutti....

So you're coming to "Orange Country", Lazia ? There's indeed a big chance I'll be seeing you since I live a 5-minute drive from the Amsterdam Arena. We will be wearing our Lazio-shawls as well !....

Willem - this is an English forum so you should stick to that. Other than that, Holland is underestimating the Italians, that is not something I just made up. Checked some Dutch headlines this morning ? "Patrick Kluivert, Italie huivert".....
But that's only good for us. Put us in the underdog position and that's were we feel the best....

The Miss

p.s. Hola Hala ! What a rotten weekend we had with our Spanish torrero's right ? I think we should start a rasing fund for Raul Gonzalez.....Wanna join ?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well, I'd love to join but I don't think I'm entitled to.

Remember what I had told you, my two fave teams play against each other and my heart aches? Well it did! I was two people in front of one TV set.
Collina :mad: managed to make me furious though. I mean, here I am, cheering for both teams' goals (!!!) and saying prayers ending "may the best one win" and that bald cartoon that I used to consider lucky (he was also the ref. at the ManU-RealM Old Trafford game if you recall) stepped in to take a piece of the glory himself probably, otherwise I cannot account for his desicions. One of them was bound to lose, but NOT LIKE THAT.

Sorry as I might feel for him, oh boy, I really wanted him to miss it...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
There's no uglier colour than orange! These past few weeks I've been feeling real sorry for myself for living in this country (I come from Leiden!)...
Will you be watching the game on a big screen outside or something?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Rasing funds for Raul, this goddam kid is earning 0.5$ million dollars a month!

As for Italy,

My fave Is player is ofcource Cannavaros the real Italian leader, instead of Nesta and Maldini!

Too bad he(zoff:foul) didn't selected Fuser, Too bad Buffon got Injured.

By the way what has Lazio to do whit the National team, perhaps NOTHING.

Lazia perhaps Move to ROMA if you dislike 'oranje' so much,
ok im now going too far, sorry.

Jagen, Jagen, Jagen op de Bal.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
and the one is italy.........
:D :cool: :eek:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Italia will make it
very funny, this thing about Cannavaro :) :)
he has not half the charisma of Maldini. Dont get me wrong, I like Cannavaro, I think he is one of the greatest defender in the world. But he will never be a leader like Maldini is or Baresi was, that is for sure

FORZA ITALIA

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Italia all the way ....

Face it Willem. You're not winning on this forum and you won't win on Thursday. That's just the way it is.

FORZA ITALIA PER SEMPRE !
The Miss

1 - 17 of 17 Posts