Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in England and yes it is a mightily big match between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Yet I am sitting here in disbelief at the fact that whoever wins has somehow won the CL according to everywhere I read.

Do people know that Milan one of the best team for the last 3 years in Europe and PSV are left in the competition? Or have you forgot about them?

Listening to the radio its as if the fans over here think that whoever wins between the English sides will go on and win the CL with relative ease and I do not understand this. Especially when Milan completely toyed with Man Utd. If Milan do beat PSV (which I am not 100% sure on myself) English patriots should hope Chelsea win because I cant see Liverpool repeating the Juve performance, especially when Milan are a completely different side to Juve and more stronger in the way they play with even more physical presence.

Anyway there is no doubt that Chelsea will beat Liverpool and we will hopefully get the final we have all been wating for and that this competition deserves. Maybe after the 2 legs people will realise that there is another couple of teams who have a good chance of winning it.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Deano said:
I live in England and yes it is a mightily big match between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Yet I am sitting here in disbelief at the fact that whoever wins has somehow won the CL according to everywhere I read.

Do people know that Milan one of the best team for the last 3 years in Europe and PSV are left in the competition? Or have you forgot about them?

Listening to the radio its as if the fans over here think that whoever wins between the English sides will go on and win the CL with relative ease and I do not understand this. Especially when Milan completely toyed with Man Utd. If Milan do beat PSV (which I am not 100% sure on myself) English patriots should hope Chelsea win because I cant see Liverpool repeating the Juve performance, especially when Milan are a completely different side to Juve and more stronger in the way they play with even more physical presence.

Anyway there is no doubt that Chelsea will beat Liverpool and we will hopefully get the final we have all been wating for and that this competition deserves. Maybe after the 2 legs people will realise that there is another couple of teams who have a good chance of winning it.
Are you having a competition to see who can bash Liverpool the most.

Anyway if you go to Italy everyone will be saying Milan will win it, if Barcelona were still init all the Spanish would be saying they'd win it etc.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you sound paranoid Deano, most people i know have Milan as strong favourites with Chelsea 2nd faves, Milan are spoke of with great praise.

maybe you should change radio programmes, you don't listen to Talksport do you ? :googly:

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
There's a big semi final coming up between two English teams. Of course the English media attention is going to be on it. Why shouldn't it be? The media will worry about Milan or PSV when the time comes.

Ridiculous thread.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I'm sure all the bookies have got Milan as favourites as well.

It's hardly a surprise the semi final with two teams from England is being hyped up more in England, than the one with two teams from other countries is it.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bookies yes, but somehow I hear alot of I think Liverpool will go through and win it or CHelsea blabla bla. No offence to Liverpool at all but I cant see them defeating Chelsea in these 2 legs. To be honest Milan are the only team who can beat CHelsea if any it seems when it really matters, but who knows. Chelsea may be in really bad form entering the Liverpool match and things can turn. Football now is all about form of the players and the team, but even Chelsea playing badly somehow seem to pull it off this year.

Anyway if the final is CHelsea-Milan I would not expect more than 1 goal in this final...

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, being hyped up sure I understand this... like INter v Milan, but remember there is another 2 teams. Anyway rant over on this matter.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Everyone knows there are two other teams. They're just excited to have an all EPL semi final which hasn't happened in the CL era. Is that such a bad thing?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Deano said:
The bookies yes, but somehow I hear alot of I think Liverpool will go through and win it or CHelsea blabla bla. No offence to Liverpool at all but I cant see them defeating Chelsea in these 2 legs. ..
that's what you probably said about Juve :pp

tbh, while Chelsea have no decent full backs i give Liverpool a 50/50 chance to beat them, since Gallas has had to move out of CB they haven't been tight, and now without Ferreira they look very open on the flanks.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Nah, who ever wins that semi will win it, after all they're English clubs they have a right to win it! :D

*ducks*

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
tbh, while Chelsea have no decent full backs i give Liverpool a 50/50 chance to beat them, since Gallas has had to move out of CB they haven't been tight, and now without Ferreira they look very open on the flanks.
Repeat Count: 17 & still going strong. :tongue:

English fans actually prefer to have Milan in the final so that it is great for the occasion as now they know that an English side is going to be in Istanbul. That's what my limited experience suggests. Milan was under extreme pressure to maintain that hoodoo over Inter in the QF. Chelsea is in a similar situation but not so intense. It will be interesting to see whether they can hold themselves together in these two games as it would be a rarity for Liverpool to lose 5 games in succession to one side in one season.

·
International
9,526 Posts
another deano thread demanding respect for beloved eyetie teams, whilst giving none in return to English teams. Deano, if you don't like England, the English nor the English media, why aren't you living in Italy?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Haroon said:
Repeat Count: 17 & still going strong. :tongue:

English fans actually prefer to have Milan in the final so that it is great for the occasion as now they know that an English side is going to be in Istanbul. That's what my limited experience suggests. Milan was under extreme pressure to maintain that hoodoo over Inter in the QF. Chelsea is in a similar situation but not so intense. It will be interesting to see whether they can hold themselves together in these two games as it would be a rarity for Liverpool to lose 5 games in succession to one side in one season.
Bollocks, imagine Milan against either of these two teams and it will be a cautiously boring 0-0. PSV try to attack, and I'd much rather watch an entertaining side than a "great side". The Champions League Final should be exciting IMO, not two teams afraid to concede goals.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Deano said:
Anyway there is no doubt that Chelsea will beat Liverpool

:shades: :shades: :shades:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Everyone knows there are two other teams. They're just excited to have an all EPL semi final which hasn't happened in the CL era. Is that such a bad thing?
Exactly. Milan are a lot of people's favourites, perhaps there is less interest in the PSV v Milan tie as it is a foregone conclusion in many people's eyes and Chelsea v Liverpool has a number of slants. While some are writing Liverpool off we've got this far and are due some luck against Chelsea

1 - 17 of 17 Posts