Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theo proud of recognition Wednesday 15 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bologna’s Theo Zagorakis says he’s honoured to have finished fifth in the Golden Ball chase.

"I’m delighted with this recognition," said the midfielder. "I thank everyone who voted for me and also my international teammates."

The former Leicester City ace ended up behind Andriy Shevchenko, Deco, Ronaldino and Thierry Henry.

Zagorakis caught the eye in the summer after he captained Greece to unexpected Euro 2004 glory.

"This is an honour for me, the people of Greece and the club in which I play," he added. "I thank God for giving me strength."

The 33-year-old moved to Bologna at the start of the season after his contract at AEK Athens expired.

channel4

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
He doesn't play like a 33 year old. Stilll going very strong and was superb against Juventus.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Is he a starter there? I heard that he was benched afew games...

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Εveryone in the football world of Greece(press,fans etc)LAUGHED at him from 2000 to 2004.No player of the NT was slagged as frequently as Theo,everybody wondered why a talentless and past it player is still in the NT and how on earth his teammates in AEK chose him as a captain.The only ones sure about his value where AEK fans and those who bothered watching AEK games seriously

Now that he's a national hero of epic proportions,i personally leave all the a$$kissing to the rest.It's incredible how greek society works and it amazes me how nobody feels bad about all the badmouthing he got these years

Even PAOK fans who cursed him and threw objects against him at Toumba(2001-02) are now proud that he is a PAOKtsis and consider him a member of their family

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Quite sad and unfortunat but true...

And yes i cant spell in english :eekani: :D

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Bravo theodori

1 - 7 of 7 Posts