Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As,Marca and other major newspapers are reporting that we have agreed with Atletico Madrid to accept the buy out clause and let Theo move to Real Madrid

Apparently both Alaves and ATM are very angry about this decision (i personally don know why)

Obviously Zidane has something to do with it.,and the player obviously wants ot play for us,so there should be no but hurt sides here..

Theo is really one of the pieces we are missing

I say French colony cos we are expected to get Mbappe also.And i would nto be surprised if we push for Griezmann also

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I like this deal, Fabio has been injured for most of this season and getting a proper back-up & long term replacement for Marcelo seems ideal.

Its true that Marcelo is just turning 29 this week, and in the peak of his career still has plenty of time to play as a starter in RM but i'm sure having Zizou as a coach was decisive in Theo's decision.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like this deal, Fabio has been injured for most of this season and getting a proper back-up & long term replacement for Marcelo seems ideal.

Its true that Marcelo is just turning 29 this week, and in the peak of his career still has plenty of time to play as a starter in RM but i'm sure having Zizou as a coach was decisive in Theo's decision.

Yup same here
He was one of my fav LBs on the purchase list
I cant stress out how much Zidane helped us.all this purchases we made i have a feeling he had his influence in every single one of them

·
Administrator
52,352 Posts
Only seen him twice but his drive is very impressive, he litterally blows past players like they werent there. Kinda instinctive too because he doesnt really look in controll but going on sheer will and power like he is an NFL running back lol. But besides his ridicolous drive offensively (its so strong could prolly be moved to midfield, like a bale like counter weapon), he is actually pretty good defensively on first impressions. Closes down aggressive and tackles alot AND HARD. I forsee few very vicious dirty tackles in clasico's in his future, as in he will seriously maim someone :D Very temperamental first impression.

He is still very young, and has alot to grow, but you have to wonder, why come to Real to be 2nd to Marcelo? Who will have his spot secured for atleast another half decade, since he relies purely on skill and technique, his lesser physique older wont matter to him as much ala how Alves is now. Aslong as he has the drive to win he will be the number 1. So for Theo, despite not knowing if he has issues with with Atletico or not, how wasnt competing with Luis for LB spot more doable aspiration for him? Kinda odd. Or Barca were interested, Alba is kinda not all that, so would been better opportunities to compete with him. But I guess he really likes Real, the allure is too strong.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is still very young, and has alot to grow, but you have to wonder, why come to Real

Thats the million dollar question
The answer is : Zidane
Even now our team is overloaded with superstars,et somehow he manages to keep everything together
Also the immense respect players have for Zizou
And lastly he is French
If you think about it after the BBC era i see a lot of rotations in RM
Teams these days need 24 top players to compete on every field
And what Zidane is doing is amazing
From all the players seems like only James is salty all rest are Understanding their role

Real will never be a place for players to be brought to flourish.Look at Varane.Pepe every years takes his spot back after Varane is given starting line up

Too much quality.and if a player is good they should fight and train hard and be ready at any moment

That Real Madrid.You need to wait you chance for glory or go to teams like Arsenal and be 4th place :) and play every game

·
Administrator
52,352 Posts
Its true actually, Zizou actually has been immense at using his depth in a smart way. Also the team building is smart barring James, because its generally a core of spanish players that are easier to be dedicated to the cause and be patient. Instead of randomly buying the flavour of the month and hope someone who was superstar elsewhere will fit in without a plan or change in hierarchy line. Ergo a James signing (or a Robben, Sneijder, Higauin etc, players too good or big enough egos to never accept backup, nor should they). Also its key that the backup players are young and hence more hungry.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Thats the million dollar question
The answer is : Zidane
Even now our team is overloaded with superstars,et somehow he manages to keep everything together
Also the immense respect players have for Zizou
And lastly he is French
If you think about it after the BBC era i see a lot of rotations in RM
Teams these days need 24 top players to compete on every field
And what Zidane is doing is amazing
True, the rotation worked just fine this season and as long as the bench is this strong I think ZZ will keep rotating next season.

I agree with Osman though, It would've been easier to make it over Felipe Luis or Alba than here but he must really wanted to play for RM since the club decided to do business with them.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Welcome Theo,

The way he runs with the ball is quite to similar to Bale btw!

Finally, decent backup for Marcelo.. good news for Zizou rotation plans next season.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
What a great prospect, so happy about this signing. Here's hoping he won't complain by the end of the season if he don't get as many playing minutes as he expects/wants.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Real Sociedad could complete the signing of Theo Hernandez in the coming hours, with the left-back set to join the Basque club on loan.The length is expected be one season, although this is still being negotiated.Also still being discussed is how much of his five million euros salary will be covered by the San Sebastian club and how much will be paid by Real Madrid.

Should Theo Hernandez complete this loan switch in the next day then he wouldn't board the plane with the rest of the Real Madrid squad to travel to Miami on Saturday.A number of offers were presented to the player, both in Spain and abroad, but the fact that Los Blancos are keen to monitor his progress has seen this LaLiga-based option become his most likely landing spot. It would be a return to the Basque Country for the player, who had such a good 2016/17 campaign while on loan from Atletico Madrid at Alaves.

Who will be 2nd LB now? Don't say Nacho. With tactical training, I had hopes on him. This move is a dry loan, so they hope he turns out to be valuable.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Telles at FC Porto?
Ex Gala and Inter

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Good move for theo, as long as he manage to play regular football.

But for us? No logic if we are planning to enter the season without a back-up for Marcelo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts