Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THEATRE OF DREAMS

The venue is located at 232 Pitt Street, Sydney. it will be open from 3:00pm till late every night from the beginning of the 2002 Soccer World Cup ie. from may 31st to June 30th, 2002.The venue is an old, non operating cinema complex that has 3 cinemas which have been converted into the seperate stadiums which will each have live World Cup action every day as well as highlights of previous World Cups at times when there is no live
action. We will also show replays of games each night after the live action is over so that fans can stay and keep drinking/celebrating their country's victories. All the seating has been removed to create the football stadium type atmosphere, an atmosphere that will be unmatched anywhere in Sydney.

The venue, called, Theatre of Dreams will revolutionise the term "Sports Bar" as it will be the only venue of its kind in operation purely to watch live games,drink, eat and buy merchandise of your team/country. No where else in Sydney will soccer fans be able to watch the world cup on these
size screens (3 of them), with surround sound - it will be like being in the front row in Japan/Korea! With fans being able to buy beer, snack food (pies, hot chips, pizzas etc.....) merchandise - it will truly feel like they are at the game and not just at their local pub, watching the game on a slighlty larger size screen than normal.

Every person who has been involved in the set up/establishment of the venue agrees that this concept is truly unique and will be the only place that true soccer fans, back packers, business people etc... will want to see the games. There will be a select range of alcohol available that will cover all patrons needs and prices will be competitive. Still to be confirmed at this stage,but there will be giveaways and competitions to get everyone
involved once they are there and there will be ongoing specials.

The venue is accessible via all major forms of transport and located in the heart of the Sydney CBD. There will hopefully be no other place people will want to be than the Theatre of Dreams during the World Cup. For anyone regretting they wont be
in Japan/Korea between May 31st and June 30th, we can help them get over it if they spend a night at the Theatre of Dreams.

For anyone planning to visit,we advise them to tell their mum, wife/partner/boss where they are going because we will not be held accountable if people never want to leave!!!!This is going to be the most unique, electric atmosphere sports fans will ever
experience without actually being at the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

boys round up all your mates and watch the Croatia - Italy match here. I'm gonna check it out on the first couple of nights of the World Cup but this is where we are definetly gonna watch Croatia-Italy. they'll be quite a few of us there but the more the merrier. And if we somehow do lose, then we can pay-back all the italians by giving them one hell of a beating :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
hehe ye me too , but sounds like a cool idea. Even here i hear **** in the news about how ppl want bars open to watch WC in but its mesed cz the games wil be sometimes at like 4 am so they wil be closed (they close at 2) but they might make an exception just for socer, ustavna promjena for 3 weks hehehe so wat do u guys think? is it gona hapen, i think they will cz everyones after the mighty $ and the bars wil be open to make money , WC is a huge profit . :greed: , So wat do u guys thing u gona be watch game at home with drustvo or out at public bar?

·
Registered
508 Posts
hehe right on u guys wil be ok then

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
its interesting, but why do you have to stand? thats stupid... I preffer to sit.. like in a bar.... wtf is wrong with the bars? i like bars... bars are good... beer is good....

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
JureM,I wish either Millenium or Scorpio or Valentino will be open for these games.
Just imagine the game against Italy!
I think that they should come up with something!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
majstor...I will bet anything that they will be open for All the Croatia games....I would even say Maric lanes as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts