Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Thats because I was sleeping. ;)

I have the game somewhere and watched it recently.

This is what launched Zvone into legend status!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I read yesturday somewhere that Milicajac as saying the other cops were erging him on to take his pistol out and shoot Boban.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
^^

I read that too. Forget where though. Do you remember the link?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts

Legenda.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
:proud:

To me, he is Croatian soccer. Our one and only captain, our one and only #10.

An absolute legend.:strong:

PS Let me give out a shameless plug for Boban...go to his restaurant in Zagreb...quality food at a good price.:thumbsup:

PSS Nice avatar JureM. :)

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
LIjepo rečeno. Neka se on samo uključi u Hrvatski nogomet umjesto Markovića i neka stvari krenu pravim putem u našoj ligi.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Legendarni igrac, legendarni kapetan, legendarna izjava!

"Ljubav, totalna ljubav prema Hrvatskoj. Svaki put kad cujem himnu - to je realizacija djecackih snova. Ma ja bih za Hrvatsku umro. Ona je razlog mog zivota. Volim je kao sebe."

Legenda :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
phuck...18 years already...felt like yesterday....

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'll never forget that. It was on BBC that day and the whole Croatian community here was in a buzz over it. To think as they say a Football match was the start of a new Independent nation. Amazing!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
That was some day, remember talking to my aunt in Dubrovnik and her telling me that the game was abandoned and ZG was in chaos like it was yesterday.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
My dad passed away not much longer after that famous kick... and I fondly recall how he quietly bragged about that moment... about the pride and courage displayed by Boban.

During that time, I was in my last year of University, [in multi cultural Toronto], and had not lived at home the previous 4 years... thus I was a little... or a lot... disconnected from my Croatian upbringing.

All the talk about this famous "kick" and the historical events that transpired thereafter, was the start of my re-connection to my Croatian roots.

What's so special about it is how it all naturally unfolded... a movie writer couldn't have written a better script.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
My dad passed away not much longer after that famous kick... and I fondly recall how he quietly bragged about that moment... about the pride and courage displayed by Boban.

During that time, I was in my last year of University, [in multi cultural Toronto], and had not lived at home the previous 4 years... thus I was a little... or a lot... disconnected from my Croatian upbringing.

All the talk about this famous "kick" and the historical events that transpired thereafter, was the start of my re-connection to my Croatian roots.

What's so special about it is how it all naturally unfolded... a movie writer couldn't have written a better script.
Beautiful story man:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts