Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as we're coming to the end of the season I think we should take a look at how the youngsters(my speciality:D) we bought and promoted have done during the season.

This season our team has been filled with many young players some who have impressed and some who haven't. I'll take a look at each player individually to see what I thought of how they have done this season;)

Here we go!

Saviola: Age:20---> So skillful and very, very clever with the ball. Starts in the home games but rarely in the away games. Having said this he has scored alot of goals(he has 1 goal less than Kluivert in the league, but has played a lot less minute than him!) and his link up play is top class. Has been enjoying playing with Xavi of late, scoring a good few goals in the process. Another thing is he has scored one goal more than Raul in the league but has played almost 600 minutes less than Raul......and that is very good!

Geovanni: Age:21---> Started off well at the start of the season but lost his place and never really got a good run in the team. He looks impressive whenever I see him play but the jury's still out to see if he can perform well consistently.

Rochemback: Age:20---> Has alot of critics in this forum(GaspartJoan:tongue: ) but I think he has done very well whenever he has played. The fact that he fights for everything and never gives up make me like him all the more. Has a really good shot but hasn't scored many goals(2 i think!). This is my only criticism of him.

Christanval: Age:23---> Sometimes this guy looks awesome(like when he played right back against liverpool:) ) and at others he looks like a carbon copy of De Boer. He has the ability but sometimes he looks way too laid back. At the start of the season i was happy he had signed but now I ain't smiling.

Gerard: Age:22---> Fierce unlucky with injuries again this year. Has played a few games and done well in them but too few performances to give a good report on him. As Robban said, he looked like he was going to cry when Madrid scored their second the other night. I felt really sorry for him cause you could see how much he loves the club.

Xavi: Age:21---> Started the season in Guardiola's position but as a result of some mediocre performances he was dropped. This was a good thing in my opinion because it sent out the message to him that he had to fight for his place on the team. Has been playing very well recently and his passes to Saviola have see the little man score a good few goals in recent games.

Nano: Age:19---> Has only played for the B team this year. Haven't heard anything about him being promoted to the A team but maybe the guys who see the B team every week can give you a clue as to how he has been playing?

Trashorras: Age:20---> Might be promoted to the A squad, anyone know?? Anyway he's a good striker from what i hear....he surely can't miss as many chances as Kluivert:D(only messin' all you Kluivert fans:tongue:)

Thiago Motta: Age:18 ---> Promoted from the Barca B team during the year and has looked a good player. He frustratingly shoots from really far out almost every match though. Still he has looked better than Cocu so I suppose he hasn't been too bad.

Navarro: Age:19---> He played in a league match earlier this season and I thought he did very well. I hear that he might get promoted to the full squad for next year. If this is true then he must be doing something right in the B team. Hope I get to see him next year. Only time will tell though.

Reina: Age:19---> Has played a good few games when Bonano was dropped for a period during the season. Didn't impress many people though. I thought he was ok but we really need a world class keeper and from what i have seen, he ain't it!

Iniesta: Age:17---> From what I hear he is gonna be the future of this club:cool: Hope he makes it onto the team soon cause if Guardiola reccommended him so highly he has gotta be a class act! Robban, Roger, Krijn, GaspartJoan.......your views??

Babangida: Age:18---> Top scorer for the B team this season(playing as aright winger....i think?) Reports say he will be called up to the full squad next year. Bier will be happy:D and so will alot of others!

Gabri: Age:22---> Has had a bad season this year. Under Van Gaal he was the brightest of all our youth prospects but this year he has been playing very badly and is very lucky he still gets a game at Barca. I believe he has the talent but where he has gone wrong i cannot figure out:confused:

Victor Valdes: Age:19---> Hope he comes into the Barca team cause i've seen him a couple of times and he looks very good. Again maybe the guys who see the B team games can shed some light on how he has been playing week in, week out?

Puyol: Age:23---> Best Barca player this season:star: A rock at the back and a revelation going forward.

I think thats it. If I left anyone out give me a shout and i'll put them in:)

Don't forget to give your views too

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Well

Matte said:
wel sell Christanval thats my advice.
Please Matte! If you're gonna post your views try to back them up with some facts and ideas so as to make these topics at least a little bit interesting. No one likes to read one line posts;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: Re: Well

rochemback said:

Please Matte! If you're gonna post your views try to back them up with some facts and ideas so as to make these topics at least a little bit interesting. No one likes to read one line posts;)
well want more here it is

Do you remember the League match against real Christanval left his side and forget to mark his area of the field left thru Zidane to just throw in the ball behind Bonano.
Christanval is all to blame for that horrible defence mistake in that match.

Another thing he just stand and look when high balls is comming without even try to disturb the Real players to recive the ball near the Barcelona goal inside the penalty area. He just stood beside and watched

Once again CRISTANVAL HAVE TO GO GO NOW:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Saviola> Good debut season and will only get better. Would be our topscorer this season if Rexach wouldn`t have been so stubburd and benched him. Rexach didn`t want Saviola. But I don`t think anyone can be dissapointed with him.

Rochemback> Rochemback started off the pre-season very good. He was a firstteam starter in the begining, but later lost his place to Luis Enrique. Rochemback`s desicion to stay longer in Brazil than allowed, wasn`t good for his Barça career. But latley he has been one of our absolutly best players. No one can forget his match against Galatasaray? What a peformence!

Geovanni> Just like Rochemback, he started of the season superbly, but later droped because of the incident in Brazil. Luis Enrique was harsh on him after that and Geovanni later got some problems mentaly. He was in Rexach`s freeze box. But his substitution against Celta and against Real Madrid showed that his starting to find his form again. I think his problem was that he didn`t relize how big and demanding this club is. He needed time to addapt and at the age of 21 he wasn`t mature enough. I believe in him!

Christanval> Has the french "Laurent Blanc-style", which looks pretty arrogant when you see him play. Christanval is a good defender. Not worldclass! But still good. I`d concider it a misstake to sell him after just one season. He`ll improve.

Gabri> He has recived alot of unfair criticism this season. Expecially in this forum. Just shows that there`re too many fans who has no-idea about what they`re talking about. Gabri is one of Spain`s biggest talents. A player which can play in almost every postion. The new Luis Enrique! It`s sad that he never get`s his chanse in his best postion, as central offensive midfielder. I know that Rod and Bier will agree with me.

Gerard> Talented. Has a Barça heart. Can play in many postions. But nothing out over the ordinary.

Xavi> Superb player IMO. Without his passes we would be in a much bigger crisis. Still can`t understand that he gets so critizaise here when you look at his play. His assists are on the highest level. He has filled out the space after Guadiola very well. He started of the season very good, but then played every match for a too long. Rexach benched him and let him rest, and then put him back in the firstteam again. Good desicion by him.

Motta> Good, but nothing over the ordinary. He`ll improve, but I doubt he`ll be a Barça player for many years more.

Iniesta> The biggest talent in Spain. He`s better than Xavi, just becasue he controls more aspects of the game. He isn`t only a superb passer. He also controls the match, fights, runs 30 kilometers every match and knows what to do when he gets a scoring oppurtunity. I hope he`ll get his first team chanse soon. Most of the goals that Barça B has scored is from an assist from him.

Trashorras> Good. But I doubt he`ll be a first teamer in Barça. He`s on his way to Glasgow Rangers.

Babangida> Very skillfull! But I still have the feeling that his future isn`t in Barça. Unfortently.

Reina> A young average keeper. Is in Barça because of his father. Will leave soon. Are too many that`s better.

Valdez A very good keeper. Also in the Catalan NT. He`s better than Reina. But I think he`ll leave this summer since Barça hasn`t expanded his contract.

Puyol> Doesn`t need any comment. The best defender in Spain.

Nano> Nano still hasn`t and never will get over the treatment he recived from Van Gaal. Nano`s saga is over, unfortently.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
this has 2 be one of the more interesting topics. fernando navarro is in the squad against villareal but im suprised rexach hasnt given iniesta atleast 1 chance 2 shine in the first team.

anyone know a site where i can find out about all these youth players from the B team?

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
rochemback said:
Babangida: Age:18---> Top scorer for the B team this season(playing as aright winger....i think?) Reports say he will be called up to the full squad next year. Bier will be happy:D and so will alot of others!
:D Indeed I will be :tongue:
Did I already mentioned that :star: El Baba :star: is the coming man in Barça's offense? ;)

Robban I hope you're wrong with your suggestion. :nervous: Did not he nenew his contract with the club last year after it seemed for a long time that he is off to Italy? :confused:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i think gerard is barca's future !

many ppl here dont rate him but i watched him in his valencia years and he was absolety amazing, he had many good games there, and not just the valencia vs barca match in the CL '99....

the thing is he doesnt play the same role in barca ! gerard should be playing in central midfield, problem is if u paired this guy with xavi in CM, u would need a rock solid defense to make up for it.... he is an attacker thru and thru... very fast , a good all rounder with his skills.... the only young player that i see with as much attacking flair in midfield are also from valencia, aimar and vincente..... vincente is an awesome left winger, not only is he fast but he has a lovely accurate cross which he can hit at full pace... we definately need to trade overmars for him.... the old man could learn how to cross from this guy....

aimar is good as well but he is yet another central midfielder and sometimes looks lost and overwhelmed against much stronger opposition (physically).... (barca dont need aimar)

too bad about this barca outfit... it seems an overhaul is needed, which is a shame i will miss them all, even if they were a part of some painful barca history...

cheers

joe

( i still have hope against real ! our CL season is not dead yet ! )

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Robban said:
Geovanni> But his substitution against Celta and against Real Madrid showed that his starting to find his form again.
Geovanni played pretty good vs Madrid but I thought it was weird that he didn't try to pass his man more often. He passed him once ad gave a good cross after that, but then he didn't even try to pass his man anymore. He passed the ball back or tried a cross without passing his man. I think he needs some more confidence.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Saviola: Age:20---> He has been our best buy this season, but still I was expecting more from him. Surely Rexach didn't show all the confidence that he may have needed, but his play in away matches was far worst than at home, and he sucked big time against the top teams at the Nou Camp. Some people in Argentina say that Saviola never played well in El Clasico (Boca- River), and I wonder whether this guy bottles it out in the big occassions.

Geovanni: Age:21---> I thought he was going to be better than Overmars: as pacy as him but with more technical skills, more imagination and versatility, but the guy doesn't seem to be mentally strong enough to play for such a high pressure club.

Rochemback: Age:20---> This guy is the opposite. He shoiws great determination and commitment when playing but his technical skills are poor. The only position where I see he may have a future is as a defensive midfielder.

Christanval: Age:23---> Just a good defender but not a bvrilliant one. anther player who will never make it to the hall of fame. There are much better central defenders than him.

Gerard: Age:22---> I don't like this guy 's disposition. He ihas talent, but he is also very inconsistent. Pehaps he needs the right coach to get the best out of him

Xavi: Age:21---> He is technically the best midfielder we have, but he lacks leadership to be a playmaker and when marked tightly he tends to dissapear from games.

Nano: Age:19---> I saw him once against Valencia dribbling Angloma many times. He looked very sharp but from what I read he is another oplayer who hasn't got the right attitude.

Trashorras: Age:20---> 15 minutes against La coruna and against Wizla. I remember that he shot about 4 times agisnt the Polish. So he looks like he has plenty of confidence in himself.

Thiago Motta: Age:18 ---> His shooting has been very poor, but other than that I think this guy has been the surprise of the season. He is technically very acomplished,.His distribution is superb and he has got guts. Defensively he is a bit weak, but if Barca wants to paly attacking, passing football he will be a regular for many years to come.

Navarro: Age:19---> He looked good against Depor. That's all I seen from this guy.

Reina: Age:19---> Hasn't made a save worht mentioning. Horrible positioning, nervous. What can I say? Not Barca material at all.

Iniesta: Age:17---> Must be the best player in the world that I have never seen play. From what I hear he may be the improved version of Xavi: a player who sees football with easy and who can also get past defenders.

Babangida: Age:18---> Never seen him play. Mya be one of the youngsters promoted next year.

Gabri: Age:22---> A big dissapointment. I must admit that he looked very promissing with Van Gaal, but these last two years he has been the worst filed player for Barça, and he has had plenty of opportunities to show his talent.

Victor Valdes: Age:19---> They say he is better than reian, whcihc it's not difficult.

Puyol: Age:23---> The best Spanish defender, Still rough in posession.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
well Barca did a bit of shopping this season and they have got some young players in the squad.....
Saviola-- he is a great player and did play rather when you thin that it is his first season and he is only 19.....young very young.. and he has got some talent and he will certainly be the best player for barca in the coming season.....he hasnt played in many mathces otherwise he would have got some more goals......

Christanval- the young frech defender isnt that bad... he can do a bit of deffending but lacks the experience.....

Motta-- he is good and looks very promising...

Rochemback-- very aggressive in style and had his best match against Real as far as i have seen him..... very short temepered... i dont think he was neede in this season when you have cocu xai andluis in your team.it would be hard for him to find a spot.......

Pouyol:star: :star: :star: :star: :proud: :proud: the best player for Barca.........this season.........was just great for this youngster..

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Didn't Puyol already take Reiziger's place during the end of the VG-era? So although he's young, I don't consider him as a young talent anymore. He's a true member of the first XI.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Re: Re: The Young Guns

GaspartJoan said:
Some people in Argentina say that Saviola never played well in El Clasico (Boca- River), and I wonder whether this guy bottles it out in the big occassions.

George Best, Diego Maradona and Johan Cruyff. I can`t think of anyone else that could take command in these matches as a teenager. Can you? The chanses that Saviola can improve this isn`t exactlly small. But I agree with you about this for now.

·
Registered
879 Posts
JG, I agree in part with your comment about saviola, but I'l take it a bit further..

I think this guy's size limitations will become more apparent as the years get on. Granted his incredible pace, skill, and quick thinking will always allow him to be one of the very best players. But I don't think he can ever 'create something out of nothing', to the degree of rivaldo. Of course, very few players can do that, but I have this feeling that people think of him as the most important player for barc,a in the years to come, I just don't think so. He can't WILL his team to victory through determination.

As for Geovanni, if he is to weak mentally, then isnt it our job to pump him up? Come on, what else is a coach supposed to do, but give confidence to a player. Else, we should stop buying young, undeveloped players. The guy has gobs of talent, its pretty obvious, and he could be a top player at his position. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy will get really good under the right coach.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The Young Guns

Robban said:

George Best, Diego Maradona and Johan Cruyff. I can`t think of anyone else that could take command in these matches as a teenager. Can you?
Eusebio, to complete your list mate :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Barca surely has the squad with the most talents in the world. Now it's just important we hold on to them and do NOT sell them after one season.

Players i'd sell are De Boer, Reiziger, Cocu, Alfonso and maybe Abelardo. But we need to fill those positions with new signings or youth players... :)

For the defense i thought of Chivu and Navarro, for DM i thought of Iniesta and for the attack El Baba. :) Another sign Coco permanently! :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Does anyone know how many players Barca have in the under 17 squad that are playing at the moment.

Here is the squad Does anyone know where the players are from and their numbers any good site where I can find this information I have already looked at www.marca.es and www.uefa.com

Can someone help me ???

I think It`s very fun to try and find young players that I think can make it I have ie followed Ronaldo since he was 17 and Saviola since he was 16...

Name Date of birth Goalkeepers
Daniel Miguelez 23.04.1985
Cecilio Nauzet Perez Gonzalez 01.03.1985
Roberto Santamaria Ciprian 27.02.1985

Name Date of birth Defenders
Iray Barrerto Perez 29.03.1985
Francisco Chica 17.05.1985
David Corcoles Alcaraz 08.05.1985
Javier Garrido Behovide 15.03.1985
Jose Antonio Llamas 28.02.1985
Francisco Molinero 26.07.1985
Jesus Olmo Lozano 24.01.1985
Miguel Robuste Colomer 20.05.1985
Alexis Ruano Delgado 04.08.1985
David Sestelo 24.11.1985
Guillermo Soler 04.06.1985

Name Date of birth Midfielders
Alfi Conteh 18.01.1985
David Corominas Saura 29.09.1985
Borja Del Rosario 14.01.1985
Jaime Gavilan Martinez 12.05.1985 Captain
David Jimenez 08.01.1986
Aitor Martinez Medina 10.01.1985
Enric Maureta 28.02.1985
Jose Luis Merino Gutierrez 05.03.1985
Borja Valero Igesias 12.01.1985
Luis Valladar 10.01.1985
Fernando Vaz 03.01.1985

Name Date of birth Attackers
Antonio Corbera Yebra 10.03.1985
Eduardo Ecay Osaba 26.05.1985
Oskitz Estefania 12.10.1986
Salvador Jimenez 02.09.1985
David Lizoain Lizou 23.03.1985
Didac Rodriguez 20.02.1985
David Rodriguez 14.02.1986
Roberto Soldado Rillo 27.05.1985
Jonathan Soriano 24.09.1985 Espanyol

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Puyol is number one

well as the MVP for the Barcelona Squad i vote on Puyol and i think you all should do it. I never seen any better and more important player for Barcelona in Years he seem to be everywhere on the field lol. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
rochemback said:
Robban, what do you think of Navarro??
Navarro is good and will most likely get some more first-team matches next season. Expecially in the cups (Catalan one for exampel).

But overral this is a very weak Barça B team. Proberly the weakest one we`ve had for ages. The one from the mid 90`s with De la Peña, Roger, Celades etc. would win 8-0 against todays team. Only Iniesta has a future in the club.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts