Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face it. We have problems with our goal keeper, I can't believe he wants to win the Golden Ball with such shameful performances, a defence that looks like each defender defends with his own style and not a defensive system where players know where to go. And Ramos. You're playing not having a right sided mifielder? SERIOUSLY? LEARN HOW TO CONTROL THE BALL. LEARN HOW TO CROSS. LEARN HOW TO PASS. LEARN NOT TO SHOOT FROM NOWHERE. He has been horrible, he never performed as a right back under Schuster and that's a fact. Schuster doesn't know how to use our wing backs. I'm pretty sure in a better system not only Ramos will perform better but also our little gem Marcelo. I feel sorry for him not having a player to help out when going forward. He needs that one two which helps him get into the area.

Midfield. Is it even a midfield? They just pass the ball around, hoping that 2 minutes later it will reach a forward in a good position. Guti? He can go kissing guys. He fuking lost the ball in such a crucial area and yet doesn't even track back :wallbang: Who does he think he is? We can't play with Guti in important CL matches. He's a 32 year old kid. Then you have Sneijder, a player who performs only when given space in midfield. VDV you don't even feel his presence.

The attack. Ruud and Raul. They didn't get a single good opportunity made by their teammates, yet that itself is a problem. They can score from half chances, but they don't score from nothing, something Ronaldo used to do for example.

The thing is, during last season, whenever the ball reached the final third of the pitch, we had a certain traitor called Robinho. He knew how to trouble the defences. He knew how to make a chance or opportunity from every ball we get in the final third. I mean seriously, how many times was Drenthe in a dangerous position and you actually thought it was going to end up into a goal or something? Same thing goes to Robben. You hope he doesn't **** up. I admit, I miss having Robinho in the team. His performances lifted his teammates. Now blame the management for not appreciating him. We kept Robben, a player who you can never count on, as he's either injured or out of form. The management better hope they have a Robinho tied up and ready to be signed on the 1st of January, because this team is going no where. They need someone to create the spark in the final third. Robben even if in top form, is ONLY a winger, nothing more.

I'm disappointed. Its a shame losing in the Bernabeu in a European night against your rivals. These players have gone to a new low.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
i missed Robinho since the day we sold him, i didnt need any matches to realise we will miss him.

the guy wasnt appreciated at all not by management and certainly not by the fans on this forum. one trick pony, stepover king, condom boy and other snide remarks were hurled in his direction. a club that doesnt appreciate talent, seriously we do this better than any other club. mata for free, cambiasso gone for free, etoo given to barca, the list is bloody endless.

robinho was so good for our fullbacks also. he switched sides, left and right, so both ramos and marcelo would have someone when they go up. now ramos goes up and finds the linesman. marcelo goes up and robben is writhing on the floor waiting for the medics.

upwards and onwards anyway...

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
Another player who i've noticed is underrated on these forums is Robben. I understand that you as fans are frustrated because of how fragile he is( believe me i understand, we have van persie who is the same ). But still, Real is a different team with him on the pitch, he's the only real quality winger you have and he adds much needed urgency, pace and directness to Reals game.

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
The way Robinho conducted himself during the whole affair was disgusting to say the least, but he was like Redhat said unappreciated by the management, he was understandably offended when he heard he was going to be used bait to bring in Ronaldo, so all in all you have to admit he had a point in wanting to leave the club.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
How van you call Robinho a traitor? Last summer he was treated as a second-rate player and this hurt Robinho´s ego. He was forgotten by the club during the CRonaldo saga and pretty much deemed transferable by your club. Most of footballers are egomaniacs so hurting one of your best players ego is a idiotic move and now you are paying the price for it. Robnho basically treated the club as the club treated him and you really cant blame him.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Indeed, I'm not going to say I miss Robinho as a player, but I do understand that after the coach, that position is probably our biggest problem right now. You saw in the 2nd half how a mere Drenthe caused problems for Juve's defence and was the only one creating something... Imagine having a class attacking midfielder on both sides.

This is not possible with Schuster. Even when we did have Robinho, how many times did you see Schuster play them together? And don't tell me it was because of injuries, because I can remember plenty of times when both of them were in the squad but only one of them played.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
How van you call Robinho a traitor? Last summer he was treated as a second-rate player and this hurt Robinho´s ego. He was forgotten by the club during the CRonaldo saga and pretty much deemed transferable by your club. Most of footballers are egomaniacs so hurting one of your best players ego is a idiotic move and now you are paying the price for it. Robnho basically treated the club as the club treated him and you really cant blame him.
You are right.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
i dont miss robinho i miss capello

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The only player worth missing in Real Madrid is Zidane and noone else. Robinho is nothing more than a mercinari and theres no respect for them. I think he still belives he is playing for Liverpool Chelsea United.

I don't miss Capello. I miss VDB.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
spot on.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
I dont think he is worth missing, even if he is a quality player. What you miss is just a top quality attacking midfielder in general that can make the difference. Not him in particular.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
I dont think he is worth missing, even if he is a quality player. What you miss is just a top quality attacking midfielder in general that can make the difference. Not him in particular.
but those characteristics are exactly what he had. and yeah robinho wanted to go and we shouldnt keep a player who doesnt want to be here, i understand that. but we had him and we just gave him away stupidly and did not replace him. imagine Osman once delpiero leaves, are you going to replace him or not?

whether we like it or not, robinho was important for us last year. although our success was more of a collective his talent played a big part in winning matches, in giving us something different. he might not have tore the place apart, but he was good, he was something unique to our very predictable squad.

we are now predictable and our football is simple. he gave us a spark that we are now dying for. we couldve just kept him or atleast kicked him out in july not on the 1st of september.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I admit more to missing Del Bosque and Perez than Robinho.
I know 'Del Bosque and Perez' is an oxy moron, but one was a master coach at getting the best out of his players and always playing the right formation; the other was a president with balls.. And let's just say, if he was here, we would not be relying on Royston Drenthe last night as our only weapon.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
We made Robinho a mercenary as we didnt look after him. We paid him shit money with the likes of Salgado and Saviola getting more and warming the bench. He wouldnt have gone looking otherwise.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
oh please! robinho had been acting like a bitch since 2 years ago! remember the "if capello stays i will leave" threats? the FACT is that he never did anything grande here

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
i dont miss him , we could lose last night with him also , he is not the point

i just miss bosque

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I don't miss Robson at all. Good riddance.

I miss Florentino.

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
Even if you dont miss Robinho persay (even though i think you do), you still badly need a quality winger, if Schuster is to continue playing with a 4-3-3. Raul needs to be dropped as well, unless RVN isnt fit.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts