Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...having a Cup in Asia sure has turned things around...favorites are losing, underdogs are winning...and that is what makes soccer such a great sport.....

Korea
Japan
USA
Senegal
Mexico

Teams that no one expected to do anything have beaten or tied some very good teams....I won't put Costa Rica in this list since they played China....but its great to see other countries that we don't hear about often play so well after 1 game...this is why soccer is such a great sport and the "people's sport" as its called.

People knock soccer because they feel its boring and not enough goals are scored...but, that is what makes soccer a great sport because a goal means everything....so far, so good, great World Cup, great games, and the unpredictability of it....

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
As our coach Bruce Arena has said just last Friday, the gap between soccer powers and the rest of the world is narrowing. It's just that a lot of people are not willing to accept the glaring fact yet!

Those are the ones who are really in shock right now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
MLS Underdogs?

2 of our 3 goals (4 if you count Goose's:D ) were scored by lowly players from that 3rd rate bush league know as the Major League Soccer organization.

Well, wha'd ya' know?

Oldplayer

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunatly there is always the excuses flying around...and you know what they say about excuses....they are just like @ssholes, everyone has one and they all stink...

The Portugese coach said something to this effect..."They have been together for over 6 months while I have had my team together for only 2 weeks."

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: MLS Underdogs?

Oldplayer said:
2 of our 3 goals (4 if you count Goose's:D ) were scored by lowly players from that 3rd rate bush league know as the Major League Soccer organization.

Well, wha'd ya' know?

Oldplayer
And 12 of the 14 players who entered the game for the U.S. have played or are currently playing in MLS. O'Brien and Stewart are the only exceptions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts