Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree with you he also had few defensive errors against Depor and Milan!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
-=*[BarSel]*=- said:
I have no doubt - Belleti.
He just can't pass the ball quite good enough.
Thankx god we have Sylvinho.
Stop making a fool out of yourself. Belletti is class.

To answer your question. The worst players so far has been Oleguer.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Belletti has made has many mistakes as Puyol (remember Betis and Getafe?). I agree with Robban, Oleguer has been the worst, but I wouldn't say that he has been awful. I just think that he's a step below in terms of quality with the rest of the team.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is funny.

If it weren't for Belletti the team you love would have absolutely no width. Yes, his crosses have not been very good, and that stands out because it seems a simple play, to cross the ball dangerously into the box. But Belletti combining with attackers on the right has given Barça a dimension that few teams have. He's amazing and completely disequilibrizes a teams left side of their defense.

Who do you think is your right winger? It's not Guily and it's not Iniesta. It's Belletti. And, if anything, I think he should be praised because his defense has improved tremendously since the start of the season.

And another vote for Oleguer from me. Not as criticism really, but he's the player least at the level of the system and the pace of Barça's game.

This isn't quite a fair thread, though. I mean, last I checked, they've scored the most goals and allowed the fewest. Let's run 'em out of town.

·
Registered
57 Posts
all of them are doing very well,, but you can say that the level of oleguer's playing is lower than the others though i think he's doing a very good job,,, but come on,,,belletti!! his wing penetrations are fast, swift and skillful,,,EVEN BETTER THAN GIOS'

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
IMO the most player has played well and some even shined:)
But there are some players that you haven't seen anything special from and I believe that player is Oleguer..haven't seen a good play by him..
And why do we have threads like this,let's enjoy our team :hopefull: :thmbup:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
A better question would be why are people criticising Oleguer? He isn't doing anything wrong, largely he has done his job very well. Particularly recently. No, he isn't Mr Skill, but neither is Puyol. He's a simple, keep the ball away from the goal defender.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Robban said:
Stop making a fool out of yourself. Belletti is class.

To answer your question. The worst players so far has been Oleguer.
I agree with Oleguer being the worst so far, but I think you overrate Belletti a bit. If anything he was just OK. For me 'class' means someone like Sergi 1995-99 :)

ArnauFabra said:
If it weren't for Belletti the team you love would have absolutely no width.
It's effectiveness that counts. I agree his pace and dribbling skills are impressive, but driving the ball near the penalty area and then waste your whole effort with a cross that in many cases is completely wide is pointless.

He may have improved defensively and that's important though. Sometimes need to be more aware where Puyol is if don't want to conceive nanymore goals after unsuccessful offside traps.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
A better question would be why are people criticising Oleguer? He isn't doing anything wrong, largely he has done his job very well. Particularly recently. No, he isn't Mr Skill, but neither is Puyol. He's a simple, keep the ball away from the goal defender.
Noone's saying he's been poor. He's just the worst of the superb team we have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll rather we evaluate all players (first 16)this far and rate them on 10.It's more positive than looking for the worst player.

valdes: 7
bellet:6
puyol:8
olrguet:5.5
marquez:6.5
gio:6.5
xavi:8.5
deco:7.5
ronaldidho:7.5
eto:8.
guily:5.5
iniesta:6.5
sylvinho:5
larsson: 6

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
But that isn't true either. And people HAVE been saying he is poor, I've seen people say he shouldn't be playing.

Perhaps if people said he was the "least impressive of a group of impressive players" rather than "the worst", it might seem more sensible. But do people here think our defensive solidarity through most games is entirely due to Puyol or Deco?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Voyteck said:
I agree with Oleguer being the worst so far, but I think you overrate Belletti a bit. If anything he was just OK. For me 'class' means someone like Sergi 1995-99 :)

It's effectiveness that counts. I agree his pace and dribbling skills are impressive, but driving the ball near the penalty area and then waste your whole effort with a cross that in many cases is completely wide is pointless.

"To thine own self be true," Shakespeare wrote.

Belletti doesn't cross the ball in the air that well, but it's not as though Barça would be scoring from those crosses anyway (they've scored from one corner this year . . . that's amazing). Belletti doesn't lose possession, penetrates the danger areas well, and has been responsible for a number of goals because he can play the ball well into the box (the tiebreaking goal against Celtic in Glasgow comes immediately to mind). He's an incisive player. When you screw up a cross it's obvious and draws attention to your failings, but count the number of crosses he's messed up and then compare that with everything else he does . . . it's a minimal loss. I mean, how many crosses has he even made this year?

I just don't judge effective for a fullback by his ability to get to the touch line and bang in crosses. If you do, that fine. It's one factor for a fullback, but not by any means the most important. ESPECIALLY not for this current team as it's constructed. If they had Van Nistelrooy instead of Eto'o at the 9 that would be one thing. But they don't.

Again, I don't this thread is in good spirit. But carry on.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
I also think it's Oleguer and Voytek, when Angel reads that about Sergi he'll have something to say, oh but looking at your post you did specify his best years.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Oleguer. He's not doing badly, but his lack of pace and positioning experience has been to our detriment. I would say defensively, I've been kind of disappointed in Gio too. Sure he scored a few goals and is good at supporting our attack, but it's really easy for opposing players to get by him in defense. Belletti is not bad. The problem is that there is no one to meet his crosses. If we had a Sheva or RvN or Larsson still, he'd be more effective.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
But that isn't true either. And people HAVE been saying he is poor, I've seen people say he shouldn't be playing.
Well, when Edmilson (or even Motta) comes back, he probably shouldn't. But it's Rijkaards' choice. He can tell a lot more.
BTW. I think Rijkaard is pretty much satisfied with Oleguer too. After all, we hear no rumors about any search for defenders in January.

ArnauFabra said:
Who do you think is your right winger? It's not Guily and it's not Iniesta. It's Belletti.
ArnauFabra said:
Belletti doesn't cross the ball in the air that well, but it's not as though Barça would be scoring from those crosses anyway
(...)
I just don't judge effective for a fullback by his ability to get to the touch line and bang in crosses. If you do, that fine. It's one factor for a fullback, but not by any means the most important.
So in your first post you write how much width he gives us and that he's the actual winger in the team. And then you write that he's just a fullback and crossing is not that important? A bit inconsequent, isn't it?

And no, I don't judge a fullback by crosses either, but in a system where the fullbacks are wingers, their crosses need to be accurate. If they're not important then why bother and go the whole 60 metres just to train stamina?

I agree he had some great runs ended with good crosses, but somehow they weren't against Valencia, Real or Milan. You know what I mean?

I wouldn't be bothered by all this that much if he was a very solid defender, but I don't consider him as one. Not yet at least.

And finally, I just want to say, that I like Belletti, I think he's a very good player but also has room for improvement. I guess he will improve. It's just his first season in a club like Barça. Let's give him some and when he eliminates his weak points, you'll see what I was talking about.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Mine has to be Giuly......some might find it harsh due to his injuries...but other than that, and his first two games the guy has been awful....he isn't what I expected...really disappointed..

Stop with Oleguer bashin....have sympathy...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Emirho said:
why do we have threads like this,let's enjoy our team :hopefull: :thmbup:
I agree with Emirho, what is the point of this stupid thread ? :googly:

Why would you want to pick on any of your own players ?
It's not exactly going to help Oleguer's confidence getting slated by his own "Supporters", is it ?

Seeing as we're all picking out a player who we think has been poor......
......Well, I'll be controversial then, and say that RONALDINHO, has been poor/of form, in quite a few matches for us earlier this season, or are we not supposed to have noticed that !!!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts