• Gray

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who, in your opinion is the worst manager in the EPL??

I've included Strachan cos Saints don't have a permanent manager yet.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Base your choices on the players they have available to them, the funds they have, league position, tactics etc.

Oh yeah, and it's multiple choice, so pick 3 managers each.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
They're quite a few poor managers in the EPL and the obvious main contenders are probably Gerard Houillier and David Pleat but my third contender is Steve MacClaren. Even though he's had some recent good results against Man U, he has underperformed with a squad he's assembled with for millions of pounds. He's been at the club for like 3 years now and just look at the strikers he's forked out millions for! Maccarone, Ricketts and some more. A team like that with such a stable defence and good midfielders like Boateng , Juninho and Mendieta should be in the top 6 year in year out and not behind Spurs in the league!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hooflier, Pleat and LongBall Adams are my choices.

Early prediction, Hoof to win this by a landslide!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Hooflier, Pleat and LongBall Adams are my choices.

ditto

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
It has to be Gerrard Houllier for me.

Liverpool is a big club and big clubs need success,with the exception of 2001's minor treble of Uefa, league cup and FA Cups, Liverpool have failed to deliver and have let their loyal supporters down. Quite frankly Liverpool are no better now than when he first took them over and worse for Liverpool fans the gap between them and there arch-enemy, Manchester United is growing.

Liverpools reputation was built by there prowess on the pitch in the 1970's and 80's both domestically and in europe. Today they will be lucky to finish 4th and will probably be testing there metal against Switzerlands finest!! :D

If you think about it Liverpool have everything to be successful ( apart from a good team and decent manager ;) ). They have a large stadium with very passionate fans, an International manager, who lead his country. They have some top players like Owen,Gerrard and Kewell. With all this said they still find themselves stuck in a battle for 4th place and they daren't look any higher. Houllier has spent around 100million while being in charge and given very little in return.

He has the right credentials to win this POLL outright

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Why pick Micky Adams? He's got a club who were in administration into the Premier League, and his budget or depth or squad is no greater than Wolves or Leeds', and yet Leicester are fairing considerably better.

He has them playing unattractive football, but you have to admire the team spirit he's got and the huge achievment of him simply getting Leicester to the Premier League.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
In terms of lack of success given the resources put at the manager's disposal: Keegan, Houllier, Ranieri.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Houllier, Strachan and Keegan, but I'm starting to regret not voting for Ranieri. Ranieri is turning Chelsea into a circus with all those transfers. He appears to behave like a rich kid in a toy store.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How can you possibly vote for Strachan after what he did for Southampton

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I think Dave Jones has done a rubbish job at Wolves he has spent soooo much money and has got nowhere really for all that.

Houlier and Keegan.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Whats really funny is that Jack Hayward has been telling them for about a decade now that should be in the Premiership, and Wolves kept on blowing it :)

But this season they signed quite a few new players and DJ said he was happy with the squad and thought they'd finish middle of the table. (I guess JH made him say it, unless he's a nutter!)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
mutu1875 said:
Why pick Micky Adams? He's got a club who were in administration into the Premier League, and his budget or depth or squad is no greater than Wolves or Leeds', and yet Leicester are fairing considerably better.

He has them playing unattractive football, but you have to admire the team spirit he's got and the huge achievment of him simply getting Leicester to the Premier League.
1. He's manager of Leicester, nuff said:)

2. I wouldn't say Leicester were fairing considerably better than Wolves or Leeds.

Wolves 23 points
Leicester 21 points
Leeds 21 points

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
Whats really funny is that Jack Hayward has been telling them for about a decade now that should be in the Premiership, and Wolves kept on blowing it :)

But this season they signed quite a few new players and DJ said he was happy with the squad and thought they'd finish middle of the table. (I guess JH made him say it, unless he's a nutter!)
They may yet climb to mid table, there home form is very good and a couple of wins away will see then climb. I still maintain they will stay up:)

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
although Keegan is doing a poor job with city, at least he has us playing interesting stuff. McLaren meanwhile is the worst manager ever. Boring football, and boring interviews afterwards. Want proof how boring it is since he has emphasised on defence? Look at the low gates Borer[sic] have had since their record braking clean sheet record. They are above us but only by 5 points, and at least our football is entertaining. Also keegan is not entirely to blame for our slump, especially with the players at our disposal.

Finally the likes of Ferguson and Wenger have never turned fulham around from Div 3 to Div 1 and layed the foundations down for tigana to get them to the premiership. Also he turned newcastle from relegation fodder in the old division 2, to premiership challengers in 3 years. You people have short memories. Don't give me that money Bullshit. Look how much Fergie and Wenger have had to spend. Although Wenger and Fergie are better than Keegan, they too have had a lot of money to spend.

~ The Geen ;)ne

1 - 20 of 48 Posts