Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all have our opinions on who should be in the Italian National Team to represent the team that has given the likes of Baggio and Maldini a chance to be world renowned, but what current players would you pick from the Serie A that would embarras us (more than the current bunch do, with their greasy hair, arrogant attititude, penasce for walking around their houses naked). Be as irreverant as possible, find the worst Italian players in Serie A and B, and provide a little story of why they should have the chance to represent Italy and embarras us for lack of talent, and general incompetence, not because of their attitudes. Please provide memorable performances or immemorable performances etc.

Oh and if anyone mentions Del Piero or Totti I swear to God (or San Sampdoria) that I will find you, round house Kick you to the Head ala Chuck Norris, chop off your head with a plastic saw (that I still play construction with, every now and then) and skull **** you, and then perform the monologue from Shakespeare's Hamlet 'Alas Poor Yorik I knew him Well, Horatio" really badly and in front of your whole family at your funeral. Capisce ;).

Seriously though, I will kill you.

My first pick is Matteo Ferrari, but I think a Romanista should provide their worst memories of him.

Enjoy! I also expect this to become Thread of the Century, so some posts will be needed for this.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry Italy only naturalizes Argentinians :D.

Please Toni, Stendardo has made tackles this season, and succesfully headed a ball in a game, Ferrari has done none of these things, in the past 2 years.

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Levato_Italia said:
Please Toni, Stendardo has made tackles this season, and succesfully headed a ball in a game, Ferrari has done none of these things, in the past 2 years.
Sorry, Levato.

Stendardo is an old... love of mine. :D Since he left Sampdoria cause the bench caused him depression. :rolleyes: I have never watched Ferrari since he left for EPL. He has become shockingly crap... and I rated him so highly when he was at Parma! :dazed:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand. May I mention that just because Zamboni never made an appearance for you doesn't mean he's bad?

I might be going out on a limb here, but Corvia????? ;) I think he scored a goal once in the Coppa Italia, who knows if a shot deflected off of him in Serie A, but he was mostly known for his not scoring ways.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I think Rossini just reassured himself of a spot after tonight's performance. You might even wanna make him captain...:D

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Yes, Rossini is definitely one of the stars of this team. :) My suggestions would be Firmani and Simone Inzaghi.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Corradi is actually a decent player. just not an International player which Trapattoni thought he was :eek:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Yes, Corradi can score ten goals in a season while I don't think Rossini can unless he plays in Serie C. Corradi even scored with a bicycle kick once. I don't watch Rossini often but he doesn't seem able to pull off such a feat, at least nowadays. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts