Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lads,
Let's open up this thread to talk about world cup in general.
Only one week to go and news are coming in from every camp.
But it will really start to kick in when we arrive on sunday to Korea, that's when the world cup really starts....wehn BRASIL arrives!;)

Swedish players already fighting
Keane is expelled from Irish camp
Maradona not given a Visa to go to Japan...what a shame. Honestly FIFA should ask the Japanese governemtn to give the guy a Visa, after all i doubt he will kill anybody overthere!
Germany full of injuries
England also
etc...etc..etc..etc..

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
BTW, where have you read about Ronaldinho Gaucho to Inter because that really really got me excited. :)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
David Beckham just edges out Ronaldo as the most popular player in Asia but the Brazilian is more likely to get his hands on the World Cup trophy, according to a survey of the region's fans.

A poll of 10,000 people in ten Asian territories and countries revealed that England's Beckham was the favorite player of 21 percent of those with at least some interest in football, just ahead of Ronaldo with 19 percent.

But Ronaldo and co. are still seen as the team most likely to win the tournament with 22 percent of Asian fans tipping them to lift a fifth World Cup, just ahead of defending champions France with 20 percent.

England only topped that chart in Thailand, where English football is widely watched and Beckham enjoys the status of a minor deity.

"The feeling throughout the region is that England are not actually capable of winning and most people still expect Brazil to win the Cup, despite the difficulties they faced in qualifying," said Andrew Davison, who organized the survey for Taylor Nelson Sofres.

Brazil are also the team most Asians want to win the tournament, except in Japan, South Korea and China, where the home teams are naturally favored.

Local heroes Hidetoshi Nakata and Hong Myung-Bo were the most popular players in Japan and South Korea respectively.

The survey was carried out in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i am sorry to say this but i think argentina have a real chance of winning this one:eek: :mad: :depress:
france are good but not good enough like people might expect them to be.Their nothing without zidane.
germany will be poor like always.
italy are the other real challengers, their defence are too strong.
i cant see england going past argentina and nigeria.
And i think brasil will be the nost frustrating, i mean they will attack good.
but when their on the defensive u never know.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
romario8 said:
i am sorry to say this but i think argentina have a real chance of winning this one:eek: :mad: :depress:
france are good but not good enough like people might expect them to be.Their nothing without zidane.
germany will be poor like always.
italy are the other real challengers, their defence are too strong.
i cant see england going past argentina and nigeria.
And i think brasil will be the nost frustrating, i mean they will attack good.
but when their on the defensive u never know.
Thank you for sharing your very encouraging thoughts with us .Good bye

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I am sorry but this guy's got in wrong, France are the only team that can beat Brazil during the World Cup if you ask me. We'll be way too determined & wanting to beat Argentina because of the rivalry but ROnaldo wants to play France so bad i've got no doubt in my mind we can beat them too.

OK man, it's sad you are sinking so low to think Brazil isn't gonna do good in their very own tournament, the World Cup. But that's okay, but a shame to see a Brasilliero like that. :depress: :fero:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick,
Brasileiro is who is brazilian!;)

BTw, tomorrow we shuld be arriving in Korea.

I just say that i fear NOBODY in this world cup, and that when that yellow shirt enters the field, no other player n the world will be wearing a more respected shirt than the BRazilian players.
We have the players to win the tournament without any scare. We just need to get our midfield to be more "involving" and this team i believe will start to rock!

Bring them all on!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I know what you mean but no true Brazil fan should ever be like that and it's quite dissapointing & depressing to see the guy with no hope on our chance when France & Argentina are struggling right before the World Cup and we're reaching top form compared to the past 2-3 years and all credit to Big Phil putting up with all the Romario pressure, honestly.

Klebberson or Vampeta is his toughest choice now, and I am sure he'll make the right decission too. :)

G

·
In my opinion, we should help cheer Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay and Paraguay into the finals...cause the more south american teams in the finals the more exciting and attractive football that will be played, and the most exciting of the south americans have always been......chile (not biased at all), but since they aint in it, Brazil will produce the best football....good luck, bring the World Cup back to South America where it belongs!!!

:rolleyes: ;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) :rolleyes:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brazil has just arrived in South Korea. We're having a termic shock due to the temperature

And Argentina will have Bonano as there #10:eek: :tongue: :D :D As Sepp Blatter said: "At least now they will have a #10 that can pick up the ball with the hand":D :D :D :eek:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
o.k..
everbody pls dont hold anything against me,
but i am just trying to be realistic.
now i didn't say brasil dont have a chance of winning, all i am saying is that scolari's brutal tactics and stupid team selection like the laughable emerson and kleberson is not good enough to win (convincingly)
look at argentina, their coach has put out the best midfielders they have like veron, ortega, zanetti, sorin and kily gonzales.
if emerson and kleberson is the best we could do then i doubt we will be able to create goal scoring opportunities against the likes of italy who have the best defence, or france.
i mean relying on the individual skills of ronaldinho, and denilson on the second half is no way a good plan to win.
managing just a 4-0 win over malaysia ranked i think 115 is dissapointing isn't it? thats y i said 'frustrating'
A true brasil fan, is someone who wants to see their team winning (convincingly) with the best midfielders available like kaka, vampeta, juninho....etc. not a defensive minded midfield.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Romario8 is quite right to be a bit pessimistic. Roberto Carlos says Brazil will win its Group playing at only 40% power but if that is the attitude he could be in for a nasty surprise.

Do not underestimate the Turks! They are an aggressive and passionate team and if they enter the game in the right (for us Brazil-fans the wrong) frame of mind, Brazil could very well be in trouble. I have seen the Turkish team a few times and it is really good. Against Turkey playing at its best Brazil will need a lot more than Carlos´s 40%.

This is not fear or defeatism. Just realism. Anyway, playing at their regular strength Brazil should of course win comfortably - something like 2-0 or 3-0. But against a motivated Turkey they need a good game.

Anyway, since Turkey would be quite happy with a draw and even a loss would not mean the end of the world for them, they are likely to be cautious - so the game will probably not be too exciting.

Especially with Scolari´s tactics. I mean, even though I admire certain things about the Turkish team - especially their passion - BRAZIL should never ever play Turkey in a defensive mood! The weakness of Turkey is the defense (though the goalkeeper is very good) so the way to play them is to attack from the beginning. With all Brazil´s got. For all their skill and combatitiveness, the Turks are fragile and if Brazil scores a couple of goals early the Turks could quite easily fall apart.

G

·
romario8 , you shouldnt feel, by giving your opinion that anyone will hold anything against you .. where all entitled to our opinion and you had a good point.

Brazil have to step up to full gear in the world cup if they want to win , theres a few dark horses around (portugal, turkey in there group) and France and Argentina are very strong at the moment.

They step up a gear and forget this 40% effort bullsh*t they can wrap up the world cup good and proper.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Oh come on, you don't want any DMC's and you want all our offensive minded midfeilders like Juninho Paulista, Kaka & ROnaldinho? we'd be crushed. we've always played with atleast 1 DMC, like back in the day with Dunga. I agree that it would be much better for us if we only played with one DMC instead of two, but it isn't that bad man.

I am just looking forward to celebrating with you when we win the group and continue winning in the 2nd phase and you'll realize the true power of the all mighty Selecao!

Besides, i am sure Big Phil will gear our players up with a big speach before the World Cup. I am so confident right now and there is no reason you should be worried too!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even with Emerson and Kleberson we will win this WC. The attitude in the camp is great, the players are there to do solely one thing: TO WIN!;)
Felipao has the team in his hands for anything that happens in the pitch, and for any ame situation the guy has an appriate tacitcal scheme, which may not be the most pleasent to watch but it can deliver the results!;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
You're finnally starting to see the reality. I've realized it for the past 2 weeks ever since the Catalonia team, and maybe you will too. :cool:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Patrick said:
I am sorry but this guy's got in wrong, France are the only team that can beat Brazil during the World Cup if you ask me.
with all the respect patrick, this is an ignorant comment. if you watch football, you cannot say something like that.
anyway, i hope all the brazie team has the same mentality RCarlos has.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Korea have just said that they will accept Maradona.

from the interviews and reports i've seen on TV, the cup in Korea is much better than the one in Japan! It's good that Brazil is there in Korea!;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts